WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Kelly ... the old incandescent lights can be quite expensive to operate but the new LED lights are around 80-90% less expensive...worth the cost of replacement in some cases depending on how many strings you use.

My Stromboli was "meh" ... didn't like the pizza dough recipe I used.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Did Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 DVD. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise (boo). Hey, I wonder what time Vince wants to leave Tuesday. Maybe I can get a workout in. I know that I’ll be doing mostly cardio while at the hotel(s)

Katla – enjoy that new baby. Won’t you be staying longer to help take care of it?

Allie – we’re especially glad that you’re still here on Women 50+

Vince wants to load some things into the car today. Things like Christmas presents for Jess and Colby, our suitcases and overnight bags, my water, can’t put my food in yet.

Boy, am I on a roll….a 24 day streak!

Yea! Vince just said that we’d leave tuesday around 8-8:30 which means I can get a workout in. I’ll do Jackie Xtreme Timesaver Training DVD. While it’s only 30 minutes, at least it’s something. Which is more than I’d be able to do if I was working.

KJ – do you have LED lights? They significantly reduce your electric bill. That’s the only kind of light that Vince will buy. And you KNOW we use a lot of lights/electricity over the holiday.

Got most of the things in the car.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tina in CA - So sorry your uncle passed away from covid and there has been family drama. :flowerforyou:

Heather – Congrats on your interview with Sarah Gorrell!

Southern Mom—Welcome!

shOtzz99 – I had three PT sessions and they seemed okay. They are currently on hold because we are travelling to see our family in Virginia. We have been away from home for 4 days so far. Our son will be coming to get us tomorrow so we can go to his home and visit his boy and the new baby. We are looking forward to it. :heart:

Vicki157 – I am sorry you slipped a disk. I hope you heal well.

Heather, Sue and friends- We left our car in the care of a company that is a combination hotel and car storage facility. They brought us to the airport via a shuttlebus & are babysitting our car for us until we get back. The shuttlebus will pick us up at the airport when we get back from the trip. We will load our car and drive home. We used this company for a similar situation a few years ago. :star:

Barbie- You are wise enough to realize that the owner of this company makes the rules. I’m not sure I’m that wise, but when I see this group things magically feel just a bit better, and sometimes a lot better. You play an important role making things better. THANK YOU! Katla

Carol – I’m delighted for your successful cataract surgery! :flowerforyou:

Tracey – Sorry that your Supervisor is leaving. You mentioned that you tire easily. I hope your doctor’s appointment will result in helping you feel better and find answers. :star:

Machka – Thank you for the glimpse of Tennessee Ernie Ford. He was a great singer and entertainer. My mom loved to watch his show every week. I sat there with her often. :bigsmile:

Allie - I am happy to see that you were able to leave the hospital after the sepsis, and go home with a portable defibrillator. I hope you do well. I have never heard of finger knitting. :smilie:

(((Rita))) - Margaret has good advice. I think about you and hope you’re getting good support from friends &/or a professional.

Evelyn on Vancouver Island – Your photo of trees and a stream are lovely. Waterfront property is a beautiful blessing. :heart:

DH and I are still visiting in Richmond VA. The hotel is pleasant and there is a shopping mall and restaurants right across the road from us. DH has been using his mobility device and would like to add a walker to the choices he now has. We did not find just the right thing today. We’ll keep looking. Our son will come here and take us to his home tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Katla temporarily in Richmond, VA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,575 Member
    Options
    Iiii
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Heather-I listened to your interview as well. You sounded exactly as I imagined. I thought you did a great job. There are a few cases of what you went through in my immediate family and I had lots of questions after hearing your interview. Some of your comments helped me understand those I know who went through it just a little better.

I got my COVID booster last week. Just a bit of a sore arm. Lasted less than 12 hours. I did feel cold the next day and appreciated it a lot, since I mostly feel hot all the time. I suspect, the cold was a bit of a fever. However, I didn't really notice it, because I was just so happy to be cold for a change! I was a little tired and kind of nauseous in the morning just after getting out of bed, but it lasted only an hour or so.

The mister is out with his buddy, so I'm going to watch the sunset on the deck. Have a great evening all.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 4hrs 37min 49sec, dust, vacuum, fold/put away laundry, putting Christmas lights in front n back, sweep leaves from front patio and front walkway, help empty out old fridge and reload new fridge= 1280c

Needless to say it was a long day
  • Katla49
    Options
    I served on one jury many years ago. It was a state level trial and fascinating.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Llllll
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    Our son will come and get us tomorrow and will take us to his home. We will likely spend a bit of time with them. I will be happy to be there. I hope to play with our older grandson & hope to spend time with our daughter-in-law & the new baby. When we’re ready to come home, we will fly back to the Portland International Airport. We will hop on a shuttle that will take us to our car and head directly home. I have enjoyed this trip but will be happy to come home. 😎
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Tracey - how did you attach the candy canes?

Michele NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, council meeting, 19 mins wii.
    Bonus: BiMart, Woofs, bakery, Mini Pet Mart, froze all the bakery goodies but one for Joe.
    Just one thing: 10 mins filing/worksurface excavations.
    22: Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them. This is hard. I’m not liking all these “new” November challenges.

Heather, ah yes, getting in trouble for being “phonemically weak,” been there too! I’ve learned to control it but it takes intense concentration which disturbs any conversational flow. Whatever is “Estuary” voice?
    Beth well done for persuading your mom. Fingers X’d she can persuade your Dad.
    Allie what a year you’ve had. So glad you are triumphing. Hope the cold passes quickly.
    Machka, pip, Rita gorgeous pics!
    Debbie SMH that your mom was even considering buying a tractor. Relieved common sense prevailed.
    Tracey a fast Newfie and southern drawl at the same time? I”d have loved to hear that!
    @bananasandoranges Julie R u OK?

Gorgeous, sunny, blue sky day, but chilly (48F hahaha Tracey). Tomorrow wind will calm so plan on chipping away at burning the brush pile. Still can’t really believe Thanksgiving is only 4 days away…

Lighter, lovelies!42bnbzaboy80.gif
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,726 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I didnt take the cold meds last night because yesterday i woke up feeling like i had medicine heady,so ill just keep sucking down the water and Emergen-C..I have things I have to do today.. clean out the fridge and take it out to dumpster..pack my bags feed my neighbors cat and do laundry.. not all in that order..and i think its raining out.. yipee..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,928 Member
    Options
    Machka - I don’t imagine I get 90 emails a year personally. That would drive me insane to have that many in just 60 hours. I don’t have my emails from work available at home. I’m so grateful for that. I was given the opportunity but I declined.

How do you manage that??

Between my cycling club, the brain injury related stuff and the well-meaning but generally useless carers stuff plus a few things I'm a member of (automobile association, travel organisation and cat shop), the emails flood in. I was a member of several other things, but I've unsubscribed so that the email load would be reduced.

I had my work email set up so I could access it anywhere when I was in university. That way I could be in a lecture and answer work emails. Then, of course, when we went into lockdown for 4 months, it was handy. I do try to ignore them on weekends and in the evenings.

Nice decorations! :)

M in Oz
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,876 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Rita- What are we looking at? Is that a reservoir or is that the swimming area at your park? You got snow last year, I remember. Was that a fluke, or is that a common occurrence in southern NM? KJ

That picture was of the swimming area at the lake. It was a very quiet (no wind) day and the lake was mirroring the sky.

We did have snow last year and yes it was a fluke. We normally don’t get any snow until the end of December into March. But when we do, it is very light and usually gone by midday the same day.

RvRita