Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy November! We are planning a trip to Williamsburg, Virginia to see our son & his family. We chose to fly for the sake of easy travel. We will arrive there 11/19. B) -We plan to return Monday, 12/13.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla,

Yay!!!!

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Machka – I love the photo of your DH and the garden. :star: Regarding soups- My mom bought canned soup. I make soup from scratch. I use very little salt when I make soup and put things like salt & pepper shakers on the table for those who like them. Pepper is a favorite of DH and I dislike it. We are each able to have what we like best. :smile:

Allie – You are lucky to have your adult children and grandchildren nearby. I'm just a little bit envious. :flowerforyou:

Pip – I admire your exercise practices. You are an amazing athlete. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Beth – DH takes a 325milligram aspirin each day. Aspirin is useful for pain control & as a blood thinner. I prefer Tylenol on the rare occasions I need pain relief. Everyone has their own needs & preferences. :star:

Tracey – After thinking about it, the PT session went very well. I left feeling better, and that was more than I expected. I have one more session before we leave on our trip. :flowerforyou:

Heather – Oregon Public broadcasting has been airing the Great British Bake Off for years. I’ve enjoyed watching for a long while. I can’t even guess how old the episodes may be. When we had cable TV, we were able to watch the Hairy Bikers. The show was good fun and the food was amazing. We now have Direct TV and no longer get to see the Hairy Bikers. :ohwell:

Celticcapergirl1 – Welcome! Speak up and tell us a little bit about yourself. It will be fun to get to know you. :smiley: My name on this thread is a combination of the first three letters of my first name and the first two letters of my last name—Kat La (Katla) I live in St Helens, Oregon, beside the Columbia River.

Karen in VA –YAY right back at you!!!

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,555 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the newcomers! Welcome to our band of lovely ladies!
    Today I am down .2 lbs. Gaaaaah, I am such a turtle!!! But that's ok, I get to where I want to be EVENTUALLY, right?
    Today's feast, chicken thighs in teriyaki sauce, grapefruit segments, a pop tart and coffee. Easy peasy.
    Tonight I am fixing some chicken pasta, peas, and chicken in a sweet and spicy mixture, for Lee.
    Its a gray, gray day, I have the side table lamp on its so dark!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,748 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 35sec, 25elev, 81ahr, 95mhr, 3.20ap, 3.10mi= 280c
    Strava app = 374c
    Walk to gym- 10.33min, .51mi= 47c
    Strava app = 63c
    Treadmill- 1hr 51min, 155ahr, 181mhr, 5.8sp .then 6.1sp randomly for first 5 mi, 6.1sp the. 6.4sp randomly for 2nd set of 5 miles, last mi6.3sp to 6.6 then 7.0sp for last mi, 10.05 min mi, 11mi= 1099c
    Walk gym to home- 10.42min, .54mi= 77c
    Strava app = 66c

1st 5 miles 10.23 min mi
    2nd 5 miles 10.04 min mi
    1mi 9.26min mi

Overall 10.05 min mi 11miles

Last 11 mile run, next is the 1/2 marathon on Sunday
  • pipcd34
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words katla and snowflake .:0)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,555 Member
    Options
    Well husband takes me to the on base clinic pharmacy to get my blood pressure meds. I get those and go to the family practice window to make an appointment. They show me to the door down the hall where the appointments are made. Talk to that guy and he asked the reason, I say UTI. He said he'll have a gal come to talk to me, no appointment needed. So I wait and then a gal comes and we sit off to the side. I answer her questions, go down the hall to give urine sample. They call me 5 minutes after we get home. Tomorrow I get the meds for that. Easy peasy. The perks of my husband being in the military for 20 are apparent!👍💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,127 Member
    Options
    Well my parents made it home from the eye doctor. My dad had his eyes dilated but drove home anyway. At least they said next time they would ask me to help.

Teddy is home from getting three teeth extracted. He is still wobbly, and I think he needs a good nap before he tries the back steps.

And I made an appointment to get a new phone on Friday. And a dentist appointment for January. I don't know which is more scary.

So it wasn't a bad day after all my worrying.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,245 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Sunrise this morning:
    my house---8:01
    Portland, Oregon---7:53
    Edmonton, Alberta--8:37
    Los Angeles, CA--7:15
    Anchorage, AK--9:34

3427839i9tz5xfyk4.gif

Hobart --- 5:50 am

I was definitely not up to see it!!

Sunset is 8 pm with civil twilight at 8:30 pm. Love it!

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options
    9m2rvvxcxo64.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Worked then came home and made manicotti to have when Steve is here. I try to have some sort of casserole the day he gets here because you never know the time. Not going to log today but will be careful of what I eat

I don’t ever recall having a toddler bed for any of the kids. Then again, the crib had a door so if they wanted to get out, they could. I seem to recall they went directly from the crib to a regular bed.

Called Denise and left a message (again) to give us a call. I’d like to ask her if she’ll come down this holiday season since we couldn’t go up there in September (Pete had covid). She’ll say “no”, I’m sure of it But at least I asked

Pip – you may be retired, but before you retired, where did you find the time to work?

Tracey – how I know the smell sticks. Seriously, we should invest in fabric softener. So many times I wash the shirt (almost every day) and use fabric softener just to get that smell out

barbara – even the word “livermush” sounds gross

katla – when Vince had knee surgery, the next day the PT had him out of bed and walking. He screamed in agony. Her answer???? Close the door

celticcapergirl – welcome! This is as good as place as any to post an introduction.

Allie (grandmallie) – I don’t remember how long I’ve been here, either. Really, this is the only forum I’m on

Woo hoo...I just got to my 7 day streak!!!

Anne DE – hate to say it, will your parents remember the next time that they want you to help out at the eye MD? Did they give Teddy pain med?

Went to Newcomer bowling tonight. We had a few ball return problems so when I went to give the girl at the desk the envelopes for our team Vince wanted me to tell her emphatically how there was a major problem. To be honest, I didn’t say a word to them. Really….the gal behind the desk couldn’t do anything about it. But when Vince asked me if I told her, I just said “yes”. It’s not worth getting into about it. I know the gal can’t do anything so why get worked up about it?

Michele NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked then came home and made manicotti to have when Steve is here. I try to have some sort of casserole the day he gets here because you never know the time. Not going to log today but will be careful of what I eat

I don’t ever recall having a toddler bed for any of the kids. Then again, the crib had a door so if they wanted to get out, they could. I seem to recall they went directly from the crib to a regular bed.

Called Denise and left a message (again) to give us a call. I’d like to ask her if she’ll come down this holiday season since we couldn’t go up there in September (Pete had covid). She’ll say “no”, I’m sure of it But at least I asked

Pip – you may be retired, but before you retired, where did you find the time to work?

Tracey – how I know the smell sticks. Seriously, we should invest in fabric softener. So many times I wash the shirt (almost every day) and use fabric softener just to get that smell out

barbara – even the word “livermush” sounds gross

katla – when Vince had knee surgery, the next day the PT had him out of bed and walking. He screamed in agony. Her answer???? Close the door

celticcapergirl – welcome! This is as good as place as any to post an introduction.

Allie (grandmallie) – I don’t remember how long I’ve been here, either. Really, this is the only forum I’m on

Woo hoo...I just got to my 7 day streak!!!

Anne DE – hate to say it, will your parents remember the next time that they want you to help out at the eye MD? Did they give Teddy pain med?

Went to Newcomer bowling tonight. We had a few ball return problems so when I went to give the girl at the desk the envelopes for our team Vince wanted me to tell her emphatically how there was a major problem. To be honest, I didn’t say a word to them. Really….the gal behind the desk couldn’t do anything about it. But when Vince asked me if I told her, I just said “yes”. It’s not worth getting into about it. I know the gal can’t do anything so why get worked up about it?

Michele NC

::::trying to think::::::.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, dog group
    Bonus: one load laundry
    Just one thing: deleted 5 Holiday Baking episodes (reruns) from DVR without watching.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, make up 30 mins Tuesday’s line dancing (practice WBW, B, GDLL, SL, DM, SWTD), backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=20 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=20 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins wii balance games.
    November
    3: Get outside and observe the change in nature around you: Soft earth, new green grass, mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms… oh and a newt or a salamander or two.
    4: Sign up to join a new course, activity or online community: nope. Well maybe Pastor Jim’s Bible study would be more to my taste than BGBS…

Went out to the deck to try T’ai Chi before daylight. Dogs were having none of it. Soon as the recorded voice began, they started barking. They insisted on coming out to the deck, as if to watch my back, then promptly curled up and went to sleep. Some guard dogs! :laugh:

Found a newt? salamander? sheltering under the brush pile yesterday. Now that that pile is gone, she/he’s migrated to the main pile, seems to like it under the tarps ;) Might be a northwestern salamander, looks a little pudgy, could she be carrying eggs?
    noccqb8t4m3i.jpeg
    Here's another we saw a few days ago scuttling down the wall and across the deckdm89awk4b5uq.jpeg

Katla glad to hear your PT wasn’t painful. Did he suggest any stretches/exercises to do at home?
    Welcome @celticcapergirl1 ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called, and your general locale.

Intro: I’m Barbara, (not to be confused with our great leader Barbie), the Ageing Hippie, Mother of Dogs who lives with them and her DH in a cabin in the woods above the southern Oregon coast. No kids, fostered nephews now grown with kids of their own, thousands of miles away. My god daughter gave me my screen name “auntiebk” when she was just little. Now also grown with 6 kids of her own. Born in SF, lived in Bay Area and Northern California for 47 years, then Boise Idaho for 20 years of work. Retired and scooted back to the coast quick as we could, winter is too long and too cold in Idaho. We had ice on the deck two years from November to May.

Sunrise here today 7:51, sunset (behind the rainclouds) 18:09. Back in Boise it would have been dark until 8:22, then dark again at 18:34.

Penny @lagopus came to mind today, hope all’s well with her and hers.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    daily: sit with Joe:3, weigh/wii: 3/0/0; steps>7391=7689 vits=3, log=3, CI<CO=3, CI<250<CO=3, Tumble=2, Shadow=3, mfp=3, outside=4, up hill=2, clean 10=, excavate 5=2.
    wkly: Sun:W=, Mon:SWSY=1, Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC=1.1, PW=1, Thurs: BB&B=, Fri:TC=, Sat:PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/31:145.1 mnthly: board mtg= , grant=1, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=3, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW