WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Rita))) - All of us have pity parties now and then. I hope things get better for you, soon. 😘❤️😘❤️
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Question for Google Chrome Users!
    Today my Chrome was acting really wacky. I ran a virus/malware scan and could not find any issues. Then I tried to uninstall Chrome and it wouldn't let me. Searched and found out that it could be related to malware. Anyway, in my search, it told me how to get it uninstalled. Installed it again and it's back to normal. Part of the wackiness was that it would not fill the entire screen and my tabs set for certain sites were not showing up.

Anyway, hope no one else is having similar problems.

Carol in GA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Cheri – Congratulations on your DH’s retirement and your upcoming move to Virginia. :heart:

Pip – Great photo of Kirby and Yogi on the beach. Where was the photo taken? Do I see tall evergreens and palm trees in the same area? It looks like you’re having a good time. :smile:

I have Physical Therapy this morning on my left knee. I tripped on concrete steps and fell on it. I’m a bit nervous about the physical therapy today. I’ve never had PT before. I was referred by my doctor and set up for two therapy sessions. The first is this morning and the second is on November 11. After that, we fly off to Virginia to visit our son and his family. They are getting ready for a new baby. :bigsmile:

Katla in NW Oregon at 7:45 am where it is still dark.

That was an old pic, I think that was at Coronado beach in San Diego
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    That looks great Pip!

Hugs to ((( Rita)))

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 10min 52sec, 29elev, 81ahr, 92mhr, 3.81mi= 326c
    Strava app = 461c
    Other- paint patio, sweep front/back patio, spread red rock around patio, etc., 1hr 46min= 550c

Total cal 876
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I was catching up with you all and got to page 71 thinking I was finished. Then I realized it turned into a new month yesterday.

I finally have some time to just “be.” I have been “running” since early August and have plans to do not much of anything until Thanksgiving. Then, a short trip away, by ourselves. I’m kind of tired of socializing.

We were in Europe for a week visiting friends. It was a last minute thing, as the mister suddenly quit his job and we just decided to go two weeks after he gave notice. It was nice, but just a lot of being social and I get exhausted being in those situations. So, I am avoiding those until Friday, when we have a music festival.

I am not sure how my weight is at the moment. Just before we left for Europe, I was about 3 pounds down. However, I don’t think that is the case anymore. I will weigh in tomorrow. What I do know is that all of my pants are far too uncomfortable and I need to get that under control.

We arrived home late last night. I couldn’t sleep. My brain would not stop thinking about what I need to get done. I hate that so much.

In any case, I did manage a 3 mile run/walk. It’s the first time I’ve run for a very long time. I didn’t do much. I don’t want to push it and have to start all over with the knee issues. Hopefully, I will be able to increase my mileage soon and it’ll help with weight loss.

Barbara-Thanks for thinking of me. It rained at home, but not as much as what Debbie got, I think. We were in Europe at the time and only saw the rain on our security cameras. I don’t think it caused any significant problems here.

Machka-Regarding mail, we get so much junk mail that if we don’t hold it or have someone pick it up, then it’s known we are not home and that creates a security concern. We get very little useful mail, but the junk sure piles up quickly.

Heather-Congrats on the Hovarian feature, the BBC spot, and for completing the book! That’s all great publicity!

Flea, Rita, and anyone else needing them-Hugs

Beth-Glad you’re able to be up and around more and on the mend!

Rori-I think Dia de los Muertos is a fantastic way to honor the dead. I didn’t know much about it until I saw the movie Coco and I fell in love with it’s meaning. I am trying to find a good photo of one set of my grandparents for my mantle because of this.

Kay-Congrats on your weight loss!

Tina back in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Alfie and i settled in for the night,had a nice chat with my brother ,my nephew has been up at the cottage and the 2 of them are doing alot of work before closing it up for the winter.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options

pip – your patio looks nice and inviting. With all you’re doing I have one question: where did you ever find the time to work?

Finished taking in the Halloween decorations, then went to ceramics tonight. She fired the mermaid but because it was election day I couldn’t go in the gym area to do the Mother of Pearl so I’ll do that Monday. No big deal

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Brought in most of the Halloween decorations. The inflatables should dry pretty quickly since we really didn’t have any significant rain since we put them up. On the other side...the ground was so hard that Vince had to use a crowbar to get one of the stakes up.

Did my usual when giving out Halloween candy so I’m not tempted. Popped ½ cup of air popped popcorn

Barbara – we got Lexi shortly after we bought the house, so she’s been here for 13 years.

Yea Heather for being author of the month. You are going places with the interview

Welcome back everyone coming back!

M - YIKES the gas prices

At work today they asked me if I would like some grits and livermush. YUK!! I’ve never had livermush and don’t intend to ever have it

Rebecca – I just saw on facebook that PJ is in a toddler bed. I’m wondering if they’re not trying to rush things?

Katla – there is no way we’re getting new phones yet! Our old ones work, and that’s what’s important.

Carol – hope the eye heals quickly. Sorry you didn’t get the meds early enough

Mary – congrats and happy birthday

Cheri – wow! Lots of upheaval in your life. Where in VA will be be moving to – do you know?

Natalie – welcome! Tell us a bit more about yourself.

Tuesday here: after work went to Food Lion for milk then went with Vince for his allergy shot, stopped at the Salvation Army then WalMart. They didn’t have the ice cream Steve likes (I thought for sure they would) so had to go back to Food Lion. Was talking to the woman who hired me there and told her how happy I was and for one thing that to a certain extent I can make my own hours. Like in a few weeks I have a MD appt so I can go in at 5:30 to do my work. The important thing is that it gets done. Another day I have a fasting blood test to go to so I can go in at 7:30. As long as the work is done. She was saying how they (FL) don’t have that luxury and some people will take advantage. Yes, but a good manager would see who is taking advantage and have a talking to with them. Ceramics tonight

katie – I’m in awe. Good for you!

Katla – thinking of you at your PT

Rinsed out my BK shirt. It was starting to smell like BK. Really, normally I’m only there about 3 to 4 hours, I could probably go a few more days before washing it out. However, with that smell…..

Rebecca – before we know it, we won’t even find you!!!!

Going to help Vince take in the Halloween lights.

Michele NC

Ah, they are making a toddler bed for Athena in their new house this month. I guess when they start crawling out of it, is when you should change. Nah, my mouth will just get bigger.😂
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Pip, your patio looks so great!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    pip – your patio looks nice and inviting. With all you’re doing I have one question: where did you ever find the time to work?

Finished taking in the Halloween decorations, then went to ceramics tonight. She fired the mermaid but because it was election day I couldn’t go in the gym area to do the Mother of Pearl so I’ll do that Monday. No big deal

Michele NC

Retired now, remember?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    <3