WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,367 Member
    Just after the cleaner arrived I got a phone call from BBC Sussex Radio to ask about my books. :o They are interested in interviewing me for their lunch time slot sometime. :) They want me to send them both volumes of my memoirs, so it will depend on what they think of them. Actually I can drop them off tomorrow on my way to the lunch date with G.
    I'm very nervous about what they will make of the books. ;)

I managed to answer the questions for the Hovarian and found a couple of photos. So that's done. :D

Now cooking a smoked haddock and leek chowder thing. Asparagus on the side.

Love from a shaky Hovarian xxxxxxxx

You're about to be famous! Well done, Heather. So pleased that you're getting the attention you deserve for your writing.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie – Thank you again for starting us off for November. Your lovely woman on the scale could be me. I need to take better care of myself this month. Lightening up is important, both emotionally and physically. I need to do more of this - :bigsmile::

Lisa – I choose the same goals each month, too. They work very well when I follow through. :ohwell:

Michele – It is so nice when you know your adult children are responsible. Mine are, too. :bigsmile:

Dr. Katie – My iphone is OLD. It still works and I don’t plan to replace it until it goes to iphone heaven. They would love to sell me a new one, but it won’t happen today. :noway:

M in OZ – Your cycling has given me a nudge to get busy riding my terratryke. It is on a trainer in the garage and I can ride there in any weather. I can hear the rain outside now as I sit at my desk. I injured my knee a while ago and I currently have two appointments with a physical therapist. I hope they will be helpful. :star: Your landscaping is wonderful. :flowerforyou:

Pip – I love the photos and look forward to seeing them. Walking along the beach with Yogi looks wonderful. :bigsmile:

Tracey – I hope you’ll be able to enjoy the northern lights. We have a cloud cover now that would prevent any view of the night sky. If you’re able to take a photo I would love to see it. :star:

Allie – Having strangers in the house can be stressful. I hope all goes very well. :flowerforyou:

Barbara & Pip – We didn’t have a single trick or treater, either. I still have container of kind bars next to the front door. :ohwell:

Heather – Your photo of the sea and sky is lovely. :star:

Rori – I am also having coffee this morning. Enjoy walking your kitty. We’ve had our CoVid boosters. I had an easy time with number three, but DH had a headache for a couple of days. I hope you have an easy time with the booster, like I did. :heart:

Rebecca – I love your photos! Your grandchildren a beyond cute. :flowerforyou:

Yoga starts at 10 am. I’m tired this morning and I’ll stay home. I have physical therapy on my knee tomorrow & I have no idea what physical therapy will be like. My doctor referred me there and I respect his guidance.

Katla in NW Oregon

Just the one grandchild, but we hope with this move from apartment to house, they will make more!!!💖👍
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Lisa - I am beyond nervous as to how they will receive the books. They are aware of the subject matter. I'm totally prepared for an email to say, 'not for us this time'. ;)
    I never listen to the local radio, but I will now to get some ideas for my 'tone'. It's a slot called 'Lunchbreak'. ????
    When you poke your head above the parapet .............

Love to you and hope you keep your fog away. :D<3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,367 Member
    Arms around you, Flea, with much love...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited November 2021
    Flea - sending all the hugs in the world your way. <3 One minute at a time.

Rori - I love your way of honouring the dead. So important to hold them in our hearts. <3
    I am already thinking of a future writing project where I celebrate past people I loved by the music I associate them with. So many of them are dead now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    <3Flea
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Walk w/family- 1hr 6min 43sec, 44elev, 2.92ap, 79ahr, 92mhr, 3.26mi= 291c
    Strava app= 394c
    Walk to gym- 10.42min, .53mi= 55c
    Strava app= 65c
    Treadmill jog- 1hr 50min 52sec, 10.05min mi, 150ahr, 174mhr, 5.7sp 1st two songs then 5.9sp for 3rd song, repeat for the 1st 5 miles, 6.0sp for 1st two songs then 6.2sp for next song for the next 5 miles, 6.4-7.0, 8.0sp for last mi, 11mi= 1087c
    Walk gym to home- 11.38min, .53mi= 65c
    Strava app= 64c

Total cal 1498

Another 11 mile run

10.28min mi for 1st 5 miles
    9.53min mi for 2nd 5 miles
    9.17min mi for last mile
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    2536710wdtho5ym1q.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    csofled wrote: »
    I have some big news to share!

My husband will be resigning/semi retiring from his position at Texas A & M in January of this coming year. We will then be moving to Virginia!!!

Cheri
    College Station, TX

where in virginia

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    B)