• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, 3 hrs lopping, lifting into barrel, burning brush pile (1st of 5?), made up 30 mins LAST Tuesday’s line dancing (learned Broke, practiced WBW, GDLL, DM, SWTD, SL)
    Bonus: Voted, Post office, Freddie’s.
    Just one thing: found Bitter Apple.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, make up 30 mins today’s line dancing (practice WBW, B, GDLL, SL, DM, SWTD), backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=20 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=20 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins wii balance games.
    November
    2: Respond to a difficult situation in a different way: Hear Joe about Shadow without taking it personally. Whoosh love to them both. Pray.
    3: Get outside and observe the change in nature around you:

Annie ((hugs))
    Beth thanks for the recipe. Looks easily downsized, modified to include other veggies, and yummy. Except for the cilantro. ;} Snow?!? And yes, grocery inflation is real on this coast too. Time to use at least one pantry/freezer ingredient in every main meal.
    Rebecca con VERY gratulations on the NSV!
    Michele “livermush” :sick:
    Heather con VERY gratulations. I might even be up at 05:00 PST/13:00 GMT
    Tina welcome back. Will your Mister retire or seek another job?
    Katla hope your PT helps in the long run more than it hurts immediately. Those physical therapists are the most cheerful sadists!
    Tracey, sending good thoughts for Rodger’s eye appointment.

Pretty pooped from 3 hrs lopping and lifting brush into burn barrel. Dogs had a blast running around but after 2 hours they wanted back in to the house and their sofas. Joe hung out with me, helped without annoying me with “suggestions” ;), and chatted pleasantly. Jeans, turtleneck, jacket and hair all smell of woodsmoke, kinda like Michele’s BK shirt. Napped hard afterwards, then woke up sore and stiff. But oh, it was fun. Even toasted some marshmallows for a s’more. Yes, just one, but boy was it g o o d .

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    daily: sit with Joe:2, weigh/wii: 2/0/0; steps>7391=8702 vits=1, log=2, CI<CO=1, CI<250<CO=1, Tumble=1, Shadow=1, mfp=2, outside=2, up hill=,1 clean 10=, excavate 5=2.
    wkly: Sun:W=, Mon:SWSY=1, Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC= , PW=, Thurs: BB&B=, Fri:TC=, Sat:PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/31:145.1 mnthly: board mtg= , grant=1, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=2, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had the first physical therapy session on my knee with one more to come. I don’t know how effective it was. I have never had physical therapy before. It wasn’t painful.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I had the first physical therapy session on my knee with one more to come. I don’t know how effective it was. I have never had physical therapy before. It wasn’t painful.

Did he/she get you to do exercises?
  • celticcapergirl1
    celticcapergirl1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join your group but I can't seem to find out where I should post my introduction. Thanks for any help you can offer 👍
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    Options
    Hi I would like to join your group but I can't seem to find out where I should post my introduction. Thanks for any help you can offer 👍

Right here! :)

This is a thread within the Motivation subforum. We have a new thread each month. Threads are a convenient way to chat amongst ourselves. :)

So ...

Welcome here and plunge right in!
  • Katla49
    Options
    Tracey & Barbara – PT was a new experience for me. It was not painful. I am scheduled for one more PT session with a different therapist. That is scheduled for November 11.

Machka – I did some stretching and knee bending at the direction of the therapist. He seemed very competent. My knee feels a bit better today. :flowerforyou:

We are planning to fly to Virginia on November 19. Our daughter is driving there and left yesterday from Illinois. I hope she is safe. I am more than a little worried for her safety on the road trip. Our daughter in law seems to be doing well as she is getting closer to the birth. The notes I have on my calendar show that the birth could be any time. I don't know whether we will get there before the baby is born. :heart:

Katla
  • Machka9
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Tracey & Barbara – PT was a new experience for me. It was not painful. I am scheduled for one more PT session with a different therapist. That is scheduled for November 11.

Machka – I did some stretching and knee bending at the direction of the therapist. He seemed very competent. My knee feels a bit better today. :flowerforyou:

Katla

It'll take a while. The physiotherapist has to determine what the problem might be, then try to stabilise the situation, and eventually move toward building up strength, flexibility, etc.

I've been for PT for all sorts of things.
    For my knees when I started increasing my cycling distances.
    To relearn to walk after I had burned my foot to the bone. During that process, my physiotherapist did a number of tests and determined I was the closest thing to ambidextrous he'd seen with 55% right and 45% left results.
    For my partially dislocated left shoulder after a cycling crash.
    More recently for my right hip, right elbow, and feet.

And of course, my husband has been for a lot of PT.

It's one of the reasons we got a Pilates Reformer! And why we've got exercise bands here and there around the house.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Why don't we introduce ourselves for the benefit of newcomers and those who have been here a while but might have forgotten. :)

I'm Machka ... that's my online name which I've used for about 2 decades and which my husband knew me by first. He's Australian. We met on a cycling forum in 2002. We met in person on a long distance cycling event in France in 2003, married in Canada in 2008 after cycling a century (100 miles), and I moved to Australia to be with him in 2009.

I'm a Canadian-Australian living in Australia.
    I work almost fulltime with data.
    I've recently completed a Master's degree in IT.
    I am the president and communications officer for a long distance cycling club in Tasmania.
    I am a full-time carer for my husband.

My husband had a workplace accident in 2018 which resulted in a severe traumatic brain injury.

And we have a gorgeous black cat!

I've been slim and fit most of my life, but joined MFP in 2015 when I had gained a bit of weight. I lost it throughout 2015, right back to my early 30s weight. I kept it off throughout 2016 and 2017 as my husband and I increased our cycling distances in preparation to do that long distance cycling event in France again. It was held in 2019. Of course, his accident in 2018 put an end to that dream and I gained weight again. So once again, I'm working on losing weight and regaining some fitness.

And you?

M in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    TRACEY: agreed one day off every 2 weeks may not be enough.

VICIKI: I love your daughter's multi-coloured hair!

MACHKA: 4 days a week seems good

HEATHER: Great about your steps on your book

KATLA often PT people are very gentle and understanding in my experience.

BARBARA and BETH: congratulations on the SV!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    slept about 4h yesterday but worked okay. only about 2h last night now I'm having a hard time staying awake and a hard time working.

yesterday was a good work day but today feels like a bust.

belly ache again - had 4 pieces of high protein dry bread. (about 24g per piece) for very late breakfast today.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Im Grandmallie- geesh I dont even know how long ive been here..
    Have lost weight and gained weight but found wonderful friends here.
    Was married now divorced
    Have 2 adult children that live close ,I live in Connecticut in the US..
    I have 1 13 yr old granddaughter that is having gender identification issues and waiting for a new grandson in 9 weeks,which I dont think is boding well with Taliah.. but nothing much grandma can do about that.
    Im 61 yrs old and have been out of work since March of 2020 and disabled since 2020
    Ended up having 2 open heart surgeries,pneumonia and have stage 5 poly cystic kidney disease..
    But here i am .. still truckin along.. living day by day and so enjoy coming here daily and chatting with all these lovely ladies who I consider wonderful friends xoxo
    My real name is Alison,but go by all sorts of other names Allie,Alliebaba,Al lol..
    Tracey-Im calling the office today and speaking with someone today.. get this after the first of the year these jokers are planning to self govern and not have a management company, so they can pay themselves..honestly its rediculous
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous today. My phone is dying and I've got an appointment Friday to upgrade it. And Teddy is at the vet getting his teeth cleaned. So nothing is wrong but life feels strange without relying on my phone and my dog.

My parents went to the eye doctor early this morning. It occurs to me that they might have planned for my mom to drive home instead of asking me. I will feel much better when they get back.

So meanwhile I'm doing laundry. I owe my friend an email; I just wish I had something more interesting to say than doing laundry again. Caregiver's dilemma: I wish life was interesting but not too interesting!

I finally signed up for a dentist appointment. The soonest they had was January, which means I paid for dental insurance in 2021 and never used it. It was a waste, but life goes on.

Congratulations to Heather!
    Hugs to Flea and Rita, and everyone else who needs them,

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) Sunrise this morning:
    my house---8:01
    Portland, Oregon---7:53
    Edmonton, Alberta--8:37
    Los Angeles, CA--7:15
    Anchorage, AK--9:34

3427839i9tz5xfyk4.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well I woke up at 5 am and took a nap at 10,so life goes anyway the guy came to caulk the bottom of the patio door and got to meet Alfie..
    And now im over here with Homer and and Alfie at Toms ,I try and come over daily to let Homer out to do his buisness as they leave at 3 am and dont get home till 3:30 in the afternoon with Homers failing eyesight he is moat comfortable here at his own place so just easier coming here.
    I spoke with the woman who is the property manager for our place and I emailed her and the board and hopefully that keeps me from having a hearing. I will not put anything out in my hallway again.. i did write that it was my opinion and my opinion only that i feel like i am singled out alot and that i try and keep to myself,and when i can am a help to the community and I hope that they forgive the violation ..here is hoping
  • Katla49
    Options
    Tracey – PT went well. My knee felt better after the PT and is still feeling better this morning. I am not wearing a brace so far today. I have another PT scheduled for November 11. After that is done, we are planning to fly to VA to see our son and his family. :bigsmile:

Barbara – The therapist I had for PT yesterday was skilled and not inclined to cause pain. Someone else will be there for the second PT. I hope that person does as well. After that, we will be getting ready to go to Virginia. We plan to fly there on 11/19. Keeping my fingers crossed that we have a pleasant flight. :smiley:

Celticcapergirl - Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I go by Katla here on MFP. It is a combination of my first name and my last name. I live in NW Oregon with my DH. We have two adult children and are lucky to have four grandchildren between our son and daughter, and there is another baby on the way. I am looking forward to a trip to Virginia to spend time with our son and his family, and to meet the new baby.

Katla in NW Oregon