Less Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    Just checking in
    weight is down a bit this week so yeah. Again last night I made the decision to have one drink that turned into two. I was mindful of it and I am keeping accurate records. Baby steps for me.

Nothing new on the FIL front. I do wish they would let us get them cell phones. This way if they are out walking and one falls at least they can call for help.

Thank you all again for the support

We got my mom an Apple Watch which is connected to her iPhone. I got an alert when she fell ... since she lives alone in a remote area I almost feel it is a necessity. Now if she will just make sure it is charged and wear it all the time we would be good. Her iPhone has also alerted us when she fell another time.

Good luck with the hard headiness!
  • Lilylady3k
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Wine this evening with chicken sausage gumbo and my sister visiting.

I'm now wondering if the spell is broken. We will see this weekend.

December accountability: 10/17 days AF
    Alcohol: 7 days (15 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,572 Member
    Options
    Hi : - )

Going for my usual goal of 16-20 AF days, Diary style

Friday December 17 - Drinks. Prosecco and cheese followed by Beef Vindaloo, chicken pakora, and another drink.

Rolling Total: 12AF days out of 17 days.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    @MissMay No judgement here! I also have a weakness for cheese and crackers!

@dawnbgethealthy Ohhhhhh, I love those pictures! It's stormy here today, but the temp is supposed to drop into the 60s. Hoodie weather is coming! :lol:

I ended up having to work until 11:00-ish last night, so I had two glasses of wine to unclench my jaw (technically, it was one glass, but who am I kidding? It was a large pour!). Today I am playing nursemaid to a feral cat and hoping to find the time to do my workout.

14/17 days AF and I don't plan to indulge again until I get to the airport on Tuesday!
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - What a view and cutie pie to share you experience with ... I want a pedicure up there instead of here in Houston!

@MissMay - cheese is my absolute favorite snack! I love going to Central Market that a has a huge room of different cheeses to choose from. Enjoy!

@lmlmrn - I finally got my last decoration up ... a wreath for the porch. It is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! I hope that you find some Christmas spirit that will cheer you. So sorry to hear about your FIL ... how is he doing?

@Mouse_Potato - A pour is a pour in my personal humble opinion. I'm not here to count your ounces. LOL Wish that it was a happy occasion instead of stressful when you tried to enjoy the wine.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    You all give me a such a mood lift! Thank you, I need that! Deer pictures.....and reading about my favorite dishes! Gumbo and crab boil and vindaloo and then of course...chocolate and cheese!!

14 days AF, 4 days A....what happened on Friday was I knew in advance that my mood wasn't ideal and I had Prosecco...surely not as good as @dawnbgethealthy's organic one.

Saturday, you did not hear from me because I felt poisoned and not feeling good :(. I got that "champagne" hangover.

80% of my shopping work is done. Almost there then I can focus on FOOD. Oh, and that trip to Total Wine is getting intentionally pushed to the very last second....like Christmas Eve.....otherwise, I am apt to forget and load up the cart with all those little cute bottles that are $3 by the checkout area.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @Womona - what about making mini-quiches in a nonstick pan - like a muffin pan? You can make different kinds and add spinach and red bell pepper so the look has green and red specks... very holiday-ish. And anyone into working out loves eggs. I'd make one tray with sausage bits in it and one with vegs. I'll bet the "healthy" people will hit the sausage ones first :).

My other go-to is just boiling 2 lbs x-large shrimp and making a shrimp cocktail platter.

Enjoy!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,572 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi : - )

Going for my usual goal of 16-20 AF days, Diary style

Friday December 17 - Drinks. Prosecco and cheese followed by Beef Vindaloo, chicken pakora, and another drink.
    Saturday December 18 - AF. I had an awesome time shoveling and stuff, felt like having a drink afterward (cocoa with bailey's and grand marnier) but resisted because I didn't want to be puffy for the holiday party that begins at 9pm Sunday night.

Rolling Total: 13AF days out of 18 days.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn those pics of the roca are definitely making me hungry. They are so beautifully displayed.

@dawnbgethealthy incredible deer peeping pics. They look as docile as the ones in my yard.