WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ What a joy to be your large family. You all look so happy!

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »

Carol in GA[/quote}
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Cute apron! I like your hair longer in this photo...very becoming!

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Your apron looks great. Love the reverses. :D Sorry about not hearing from your youngest. Children can be a blessing, but also sometimes an ache in the soul. HUGS. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather- It is good to know that those who have been vaccinated seem to be having mild cases. Our neighbors have all been vaccinated against CoVid. I don't know as much about Omicron as I should. DH & I have each had two Covid shots and a booster. We have also had flu shots.

Today we are having a snow day! It is beautiful and the snow is coming down steadily. Luckily, we've done a good amount of stocking up and we won't have to go anywhere. Our hummingbird tribe lives here year around and the birds are squabbling over the sugar-water bird feeders this morning. I have three feeders attached to our windows and refill them with sugar water as needed. So far, the feeders have been kept warm enough attached to the windows that they have not been freezing.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies
    Alfie and I hoofed over to Tom and Elenas to water the plants and I let Alfie out the back in the fenced area.. but first he did a quick tootle around the house.. he was looking for Homer and Tom and Elena .. i told him he would see them he would see them in a cour weeks for a few days when I stay with Carmine .. we are all getting excited for the little guy to join the family..
    Tracy only has 7 more days of work before she goes in for the C Section..
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Barbara, a couple of snow pics for you.... These were at 9 am, it's still coming down.
    kxyauzsi61qz.jpg
    hrqstd7wsheo.jpg
    And this is the beadwork that I was doing a few (or several...) weeks ago
    e1lyfrhkwi5u.jpg
    Family was supposed to come over today for Christmas dinner, they spend yesterday with the other grandparents. I just went for a walk and I'm not sure I want them to drive over. I'm sure the main roads are fine, but our streets have not been touched, even tho we are on a steep road, and they are supposed to be second in line for clearing. Just tried to call our son and got his voice mail right away, texted daughter in law to please call, we'll see what happens.... I am going to leave it up to them, I have not reached the point of no return on dinner yet, so it can still be postponed for a day or so. Not sure what's in store for us, weatherwise, for the next 24 hours, but keeping my fingers crossed!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where it "never snows" lol

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Katla, your angel bear is just precious!
    Lisa, glad to hear that you are feeling better. About your daughter, is it possible for her to get hubby's collection to a supervisor of his? That way everybody would maybe be a bit safer. Just a thought, worth what you paid for it! lol
    Tracey, your ceramics turned out beautifully!
    I have to say thank you to Machka for reminding me of a couple of different hip stretches, I was having issues with my left hip, started doing the one where one leg is straight out behind and the other foot is in the groin area and I am feeling much better! I did also start doing more quad and hamstring stretching, those were an issue several years ago when my hip was bugging me. More stretching is never a bad thing!
    Machka, congrats on your new job!
    That's all I can remember now! Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Cute apron! I like your hair longer in this photo...very becoming!

Carol in GA

Thanks!💖
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Your apron looks great. Love the reverses. :D Sorry about not hearing from your youngest. Children can be a blessing, but also sometimes an ache in the soul. HUGS. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Thanks! I have hung the apron on one of my old wooden hangers, with a crocheted cover.💖
    I watched a podcast this morning of letting go of the worry. Especially since its something so out of my control. Its was morphing into a stress all its own. I am just letting all that go.💖
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options

Carol in GA
    And that is only one brother and his kids and their kids
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Those are my brothers sons, Gabriel and Christopher. I used to watch them when they were babies. They are fraternal twins
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 41min 4sec, vacuum, dust, laundry fold and put away, sweep and rake front patio and walkway = 1029c
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    :)Katla you persisted and we can all see the teddy bear

:)Rebecca great apron. I listen to podcasts on spiritual topics every day and my attitude toward life keeps getting better

Snow has stopped after about six inches. Dogs aren't sure they like it. Roads in our neighborhood have been cleared.

:)Barbara I plan to reconsider teaching line a few weeks after Christmas based on what the health officer in my county says. Jake and I will decide together about what is best.

:) I got a call early this morning that QFC was without power so we'd have to wait until tomorrow to get our groceries. Power is out all around us but we are OK

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • mychallah
    mychallah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi- My name is Lea, I live in NY. This is about the 100th time I am on myfitnesspal trying to lose 15lbs.
    I too am fortunate for my family and friends, I want to do this for me, I want to have some sense of control in my life as the world around me with COVID has become a constant struggle. I look forward to being part of the thread!