WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I found a free series of yoga videos "Yoga With Adrienne." There's a thirty day program, but I think I will do it three days a week. I'm already doing dumbbells and tiny bits of elliptical, so this will add to the variety and keep me moving. The only problem I see so far is how to watch the video on my phone without getting my neck out of alignment.

Annie in Delaware who wants to be stronger
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,641 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Worked today. I kept thinking it was Monday. Probably because I usually don’t work on a Sunday. I didn’t do as much prep today since I’m thinking that they might not be all that busy today.

Barbara – lovely decorations. Are those yours? I especially love that gingerbread girl

Happy Boxing Day

Lisa – how does that song go “I want a girl just like the girl who married dear old dad”

About a week ago I stubbed my little toe on my left foot. It’s still hurting. Today I showed it to Vince and while it isn’t black and blue or swollen, I can’t bend it. I did get the movie “9 to 5” for Christmas so I’m thinking that I’ll just sit with my foot up in the living room and watch the movie and see how it feels after that. Update: well, I sat with my feet up watching a movie and now there is no pain at all. But still can’t bend the toe.

Terri – so sorry about all the problems in your family. But what a miracle!!!!!!

katla – oh, that angel bear is ever so cute

Margaret – great buys! I love a good sale

Evelyn – your beadwork is lovely. I can never get mine that good

Rebecca – fantastic apron

Lea – welcome!

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,001 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone that celebrates had a wonderful day yesterday.

Evelyn - those floods were devastating, BC sure could use a break from weather issues for a while.

Barbara - these are my outside decorations covered in snow along with a tree in our yard. We had a white, bitterly cold Christmas. It was -29C and I’m not sure what it was with the wind chill factor. Today it is -34 with WCF.

Heather - I can’t imagine meeting on a beach at Christmas, I love that I get to see other parts of the world through this wonderful group.

Machka - I complained to my doctor a few weeks ago that I feel tired all of the time. She recommended vitamin B12 3 or 4 times a week. I take one every other day so I don’t forget. It’s helped a bit.

Tracey in Edmonton

The flood damage is still affecting lower mainland BC. My parents (who were right in the middle of it all) were saying that they are having trouble getting certain groceries and things. Fortunately they had no plans to travel anywhere.

Ah memories of winter and Christmas in Canada! I had so many Christmases like that!!

But now, if we were to have a family gathering, we might have one at the beach. :) I've been here getting on for 13 years and it still strikes me as a little odd having Christmas in summer. I don't mind it and love having a couple weeks off over Christmas but 6 months later, the winters seems incredibly long because there are no big events to look forward to. Last year I took a week off in June which was good and I might do that again.

I take Vit B 12 every day for my MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase)
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326181

When I developed blood clots in my left leg in 2009, tests were done and it was discovered I have a homozygous mutation. And I have a high homocysteine level.

"People have two MTHFR genes, inheriting one from each of their parents. Mutations can affect one (heterozygous) or both (homozygous) of these genes ... The mutations can lead to high levels of homocysteine in the blood, which may contribute to several health conditions"

"People who have high homocysteine levels tend to have low levels of vitamin B12."

Hence ... I take Vit B12.

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, typed and emailed hymns, 19 mins wii, livestream church, made up 12/14 line dancing
    Bonus: Hour phone chat with CD, regifted the ?plum? jam.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    27: Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat. S? D? F?

Terri glad you and yours are so resourceful. Had to google “kicked into touch.” :laugh:
    Katla Brava!!! What a darling teddy bear angel tree topper.
    Evelyn thanks for the pics of your beautiful snow. Much prettier than our slushy mud ;):love: the beadwork, especially the Christmas tree.
    Thanks, Barbie. Our county has ceded public health to the state’s authority, due lack of resources. Will take the state’s recommendation into account, along with local compliance… :{
    Welcome @mychalla Lea in NY! Lots of supportive gals here.
    Michele those are one tiny section of lights at the Nature’s Coastal Holiday Lights at Azalea park. Hope you can see this video:
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1601240656642960
    Tracey, brr! Ok,I’ll try to stop complaining of the cold here, it’s ranging from low 30s to mid-40s F. ;}

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    2f8lf3zc0mis.gif

• Machka9
    Options
    Northern Tasmania forecast ...

x9jy5w505qwi.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well i got up and let Alfie out and put his food down but guess he wasnt ready to get up yet because he is back under the covers lol.
    No big plans for today ,tomorrow cardiologist and then Carmine and I have haircuts
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,957 Member
    Options
    :) The power was out last evening long enough for us to check batteries in extra flashlights and battery lantern so we were prepared. Then it came back on and all has been well since. This morning my dog walking friend emailed that she'd be staying home and not walking with us. She has to cross two icy streets and several icy driveways to get here. I can walk out my back gate with the dogs into a huge snowy field and walk safely for as long as the dogs and I want to. There was a bit of snow overnight but it's not snowing now but it's cold (-8 C, 17 F). Not cold compared to Tracey's neighborhood but cold for us.

:)Tracey, bravo for your family enjoying a simple meal that wasn't a ton of work for you. Holidays should be a time of joy, not a day of chores.

:) I rescheduled our cancelled grocery order for tomorrow morning.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
    R
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Today was a day of heavy-duty gardening. I'm digging up a garden bed in preparation for planting. It used to have agapanthus which my husband took out but they've got weed-like roots. He pulled a lot a couple months ago but I'm digging out more now. I'm also finding a lot of rocks which I am carrying to another part of the garden for a rock feature. Some are smaller but some are quite large.

I figure I got quite a few steps in carrying rocks I had dug out to their new location. And my upper body is sore from all the digging.

But I was able to plant part of it. Hopefully I will finish that section tomorrow.

And we got a bicycle ride in too. :)

M in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Loving the posts and photos!

<3

Karen in Virginia