<3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele – I love green beans and/or broccoli. Green-salad is also a favorite here.

Rori – I hope your travels bring you good times. Beginning the year with a trip to San Diego to celebrate January birthdays with your sister’s family is a good beginning. If you eventually head to Oregon as the year progresses, you would be welcome here.

Barbara – We are living in a winter wonderland--mostly staying inside and looking out the windows. Luckily, we had a good shopping trip the other day and aren’t likely to starve any time soon.

Terri – We have also managed to enjoy Christmas although our family is far away. I enjoyed a zoom chat with our daughter yesterday. She knows that I’m searching for a puppy and had good stories about getting her most recent dog. I enjoyed every minute of the chat. We live in Oregon, our daughter lives in Illinois, and our son lives in Virginia. I thank the Good Lord for inspiring someone to invent the internet.

Heather – Ringing your friend whose partner died was a wonderful thing to do. Texting her messages of love and support is brilliant. You are right, we should value those we love while we have them. :heart:

1948CWB – Your granddaughter’s art is wonderful!

Tina in CA – Congrats on a balmy 53F degree day. Enjoy every minute. :smiley:

Allie - Good news from the cardiologist!

We have snow on the ground and it is lovely to see. The neighborhood heron is standing on the docks looking for a little fish to swim by. It is having no luck that I can see so far this morning.

Katla
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Tina in CA – Congrats on a balmy 53F degree day. Enjoy every minute. :smiley:

Katla

That is actually really cold for us; just warm compared to most of you all. We are wrapped up in blankets and hoodies and drinking lots of hot liquids. Yes, we are weather-spoiled.

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,009 Member
    Options
    It was -38C when I woke this morning.

Katie - your mother did a beautiful job!

Machka - I hadn’t thought about not having something to look forward to with the long nights not around Christmas, I think Christmas lights helps us Canadians get through.

Debbie - I wish you could have a happy Christmas without drama.

DH has taken over the tv all day and I’m a little frustrated, I think I’ll go take a bath and maybe lay on the bed after to watch something. I hate watching it in bed as I find it painful due to the way I gave to lay to see it. Tomorrow I will ask him to go to the bedroom. The World Juniors are on, Canada isn’t even playing today.

Tracey in Edmonton
    It is currently -36 but supposed to warm up to -26 by 8am.

Thank you Tracey!!
    I would really love that too. Maybe next year.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    We are still cold and snowy here. I had to carry hot water out to thaw animal waters again this morning. I got really chilled this morning and am currently in my sitting room with blankets and the dog on my lap trying to get warm again. DD made it into work today.

Rori - I am headed to San Diego the first weekend in February to celebrate my January birthday. I hope it will be warm and sunny while we are there.

Michelle - So sad you do not get to see the DGC for holidays.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ladies! I threw together a frittata today. 3 eggs, some milk then added a cut up baked potato(skin), fried up a brat, a handful of sausage bits and a handful of rough cut fresh spinach. Mixed it together in the cast iron pan. Added cheese. It was delightful! I was over 1200 calories, but it will keep me full!💖👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We are enjoying a snow fall. It is lovely to see, and we’re warm and cozy in the house. The hummingbirds have been visiting our sugar water feeders. Luckily the feeders are attached to the windows, and keeping warm enough for the birds to get their sugar water. <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 30min 50sec, 3.22ap, 57elev, 83ahr, 107nhr, , 8.06mu= 730c
    Strava app = 972c