dlfk202000 Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, made up T’ai Chi from 12/15
    Bonus: 2 loads laundry, veg prep
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    29: Turn off digital devices and really listen to people. Did this chatting with C, P and S.

Break in the weather forecast for tomorrow, just in time for dog group. Good thing, was getting cabin feverish.

Debbie that beautiful picture made me homesick for when we lived in Ukiah, only in those days it was lambs not vineyards.

Going straight to bed. Not passing the hot cocoa, not stopping at the cookies. Going directly to bed.

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    wn1olx8hjucm.gif

For us, it was prunes, not vineyards. There were some old vineyards that are still there but the new vineyards have taken over and no more prunes.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Tracy has contacted her Dr.. because she is not vaccinated she has asked her if she should take next week off so that she wont have to quarentine from the baby after he is born.. this way she will be at home and not in contact with anyone.. i told hee i am all vaxed and boostered and if she needed any help with anything to let me know..
    Staying home today... have laundry in the dryer.

Does she have Covid? Why is she worried about quarantining from the baby? I don't understand why she would have to do that -- granted, I am not up on all of the protocols, but that seems pretty harsh, even if she has Covid.

I can't believe it is happening so soon!! You must be so excited.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tracy - We live beside the Columbia River in NW Oregon. We can see SW Washington on the other side of the river. We have snow on the ground, a relatively rare event here. We have cousins in NW Washington who also have snow.

We had a good trip to buy groceries before it snowed here, and we are warm and cozy at home. I hope our friends and family members are also warm & cozy.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,481 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, made up T’ai Chi from 12/15
    Bonus: 2 loads laundry, veg prep
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    29: Turn off digital devices and really listen to people. Did this chatting with C, P and S.

Break in the weather forecast for tomorrow, just in time for dog group. Good thing, was getting cabin feverish.

Lisa “…can turn around a flailing department” what a skill!
    Terri great pics!
    Heather “…mainly just let her talk…” the best gift. Brava!
    Carol your GD’s painting is stunning.
    Tina sorry to hear about all the Covid hitting your family, glad you dodged the bullet. Understand about 58F feeling cold and being weather spoiled. Now that we live on the coast, we complain when the weather gets down into the 40’s. In Boise, that was cause for rejoicing and short sleeves ;)
    Allie happy to hear cardiology appointment went well.
    Rita well done on your 21 for 21s.
    Vicki brava for keeping up with the gym.
    Katla thanks for the mental images of the hungry heron with snowy toes and the lucky hummingbirds.
    Annie no more frozen salads, yay! Mama and Papa were both duplicate bridge life masters. ;) Look forward to reading your book.
    Barbie hooray for early grocery pickup.
    Sue :love: Nessa the snow dog!
    Machka great suggestions of things to say to struggling friends. Stunning pics, you have a gift!
    Debbie that beautiful picture made me homesick for when we lived in Ukiah, only in those days it was lambs not vineyards.
    Tracey hope you can enjoy the enforced break from work.
    Michele I can NOT believe there are ANY exercise DVDs you don’t already have :laugh:
    Rebecca Oh that Athena! :love: those pics! Does your son’s van have 4 wheel drive?

Going straight to bed. Not passing the hot cocoa, not stopping at the cookies. Going directly to bed.

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    wn1olx8hjucm.gif

No he just happily drifts around! His motor is centralized under the seats area. Its also a right hand drive.
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,481 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Athena is a doll. Is it normal to get snow in your area?

Machka - I am not a gardener either but end up doing something every year as my husband insists on it. I am not a fan as it takes more work and time that I don’t like to put in.
    I wish you luck with yours.

Heather - housekeeping on digital devices can be time consuming.

Carol - your Granddaughter has talent it is good that you provide her materials.

I am sitting at a walk in clinic waiting to see a doctor. Hopefully I can get an antibiotic early and have the time today to get a couple doses in. I did not sleep at all last night. Every time I tried to lay down I started coughing worse. I ended up sitting in my chair and dozing while catching up on A Million Little Things that I had recorded.

For Whidbey island we have mostly gotten snow in late January early February. At least since we've lived here, but that's only been since 2018. It was fairly normal to get a light layer of snow when we lived on the Oregon coast. It was mostly after Christmas though. Just enough for everyone to get crazy about it. There is a joke about Oregonians calling a light layer, "Snowmageddon", because most got so neurotic about driving in it. To all of you that are Oregonians, sorry its not you, its the displaced Californians that don't know how to drive in it. Wait, for all of you that are Californians, its not you, its them. 😂😁🙃🙄😳😁.
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,734 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Flea- no she has been very careful and no she doesnt have covid.. i dont know maybe she just wants this last week off to rest before she goes in for the surgery..
    Will find out..
    Maybe to get a Drs note to be out this next week coming up..
  • Katla49
    edited December 2021
    Options
    We are enjoying our snow day and I wouldn’t mind another. I see that the fluffy snow is getting smaller and squashed looking. The hummingbird feeders are not freezing so we can leave them as they are. The hummingbirds can drink as much as they want. I am currently watching Dr. Pohl. I watch the other Veterinarian shows, too.

I hope those in cold areas are able to stay warm.

Katla
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Well, I don’t know where my post went from earlier today? 🤷‍♀️ Put out camper tags for today’s arrivals, gone to town for some groceries, called my 85 yo mom who got back home to Connecticut from Kentucky yesterday. Called my uncle but no answer there. Then texted my DD to thank her for her Christmas gifts. I also got my goal list of 22 for 22 done. In spoiler.
    22 GOALS for 2022

Word of the year: ENJOY

January Met
    February met
    March met met
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met ——— met
    August met
    September met ——
    October met —
    November met——
    December

update webpage monthly by the 25th of month 0/12
    Create a monthly diary summary to include with Christmas cards for 2020 by last day of month 9/12
    Call Donat once a month on 1st of month 0/12
    Call mom once a week 0/4
    Get finances under control by focusing on paying off smallest debt and not adding to others 0/12 working as sub teach
    Average 8,000 steps a day over next year. (2019 was 6,680 steps 2020 was 5477, 2021 was)
    Maintain my low carb eating habits 0/12
    Lose another 25 pounds by April 0/25 Starting at 169 lbs
    Visit mom by October
    Clean camper weekly 0/4
    Read book once a day for at least 10 minutes 0/31
    Read bible by reading it 10 min a day 0/31
    Keep carbs below 50 grams on average weekly 0/4
    Meet my macros of 15%carbs, 52% fats and, 33% protein of total calories weekly: 0/4
    Update budget spreadsheet at minimum every 2 weeks 0/2
    Check health trackers on insurance website every 2 weeks beginning January 0/2
    Meet 90% or better of 2021 goals monthly 0/12
    Replace front door rug by May 2022
    Clean car once a month, inside and out. 0/12
    Contact sibs once a month 0/72
    Drink no more than 2 days a week. 0/8
    Text or call my kids every week! 0/156

Now need to create agenda for Friends of Bottomless meeting tonight.

RvRita in Roswell NM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,583 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Partial walk w/family- 1hr 11min 16sec, 30elev, 3.38ap, 84ahr, 104mhr, 4.03mi= 358c
    Strava app = 487c
    Zwift home spin bike- 16.30min, 131elev, 114aw, 63arpm, 133ahr, 163mhr, 18.33amph, 5.04mi= 160c
    Zwift app = 109c

Total cal 525

Found an eye doc, finally got to see one today. It was a bear trying to get my records sent to my doc here. I was able to at least get my contacts prescription over but I need the rest, still working on that. Found I have cataracts. I am so excited M
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    M I noticed it was sunny. How long does it stay that sunny? The grass also looked dry. You may need to do more watering also before you plant seeds make sure spot is well watered and soil in loosed. The hedge looked like part of the garden is shady. Shady plants would be hosta and astillbe. Flowering shady plants would be impatience. Sunny flowering plants like at least 6-8 hours of sun. I had better luck with Lobelia this year I put them in a sunnier spots and made sure it didn't dry out. Also how hot does it get there. As far as bulbs go do you have any squirrels they will dig up bulbs. Rabbits will eat the greenary that comes up. If you have squirrel wrapping bulbs in chicken wire when you plant them helps they also like bone meal. For rabbits there are deterants you can try.