Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What is one fitness topic that is accepted by everyone? (I don't think there is one)

Options
124»

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,230 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I assume y'all know there's a web site that warns of the many dangers of DHMO.

http://dhmo.org/

There, you can find MSDSes (Material Data Safety Sheets, like for posting in relevant workplaces), an FAQ, press kit, relationship to cancer, obstructionism from the dairy industry (where it's used widely without permits to treat various cattle health conditions) and more.

That stuff can sneak up on you, injure or kill in many ways. And there's so much of it everywhere . . . the level of public ignorance is shocking.

Write your representative in Washington DC right away. Don't wait! Write NOW to ban this dangerous processed substance that is ubiquitous in everything in most of our daily diets.

There are numerous studies outlining the severe risks to our lives this chemical presents. Please, by all that's good....

Go have a nice laugh, and for goodness sake, have a glass of water and keep hydrated. As long as your tap water isn't contaminated with DHMO of course.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

There, you can find MSDSes (Material Data Safety Sheets, like for posting in relevant workplaces), an FAQ, press kit, relationship to cancer, obstructionism from the dairy industry (where it's used widely without permits to treat various cattle health conditions) and more.

That stuff can sneak up on you, injure or kill in many ways. And there's so much of it everywhere . . . the level of public ignorance is shocking.

My son's biology teacher gave the class something from that site - 1 pager about what problems it causes. They were to write 4-5 sentence comments about to ban or not. I thought for sure the beans had already been spilled and said nice way to look at water and the fact it's all about dosage in so many ways (the ground, the air, your body). He didn't know and I ruined the surprise - oops.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »

My son's biology teacher gave the class something from that site - 1 pager about what problems it causes. They were to write 4-5 sentence comments about to ban or not. I thought for sure the beans had already been spilled and said nice way to look at water and the fact it's all about dosage in so many ways (the ground, the air, your body). He didn't know and I ruined the surprise - oops.

"DHMO is a major component of acid rain."

This site is brilliant. 😀
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options

That's hilarious! Presumably you've since had The Talk with him, i.e., how to be a skeptic? 😆

glassyo wrote: »

"DHMO is a major component of acid rain."

This site is brilliant. 😀

It is. I love it so much - so well done.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    I can think of two fitness items that everyone agrees:
    1) Breathing is important.
    2) water is important.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    boberg1239 wrote: »
    Every expert I have ever heard all agreed that people need to eat more whole real food and less processed food.
    Processed food is made in a factory/business and has a long list of ingredients.
    Avocado, tomato, banana, romaine lettuce all examples of whole real foods.
    Frozen foods are processed. All foods are chemically bonded and some have a long long list of chemicals in them.
    Unless you're growing your own vegetables, raising your own meat and pulling fruit off a tree, all foods are processed at some level with cleaning and pesticide.
    That's NOT saying eating more whole foods isn't a bad idea. Whole foods usually will contain less calories and more fiber lots of times. A balance of both is okay as long as you control intake.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,230 Member
    Options
    _Dan1985 wrote: »
    I can think of two fitness items that everyone agrees:
    1) Breathing is important.
    2) water is important.

Well akshually I've been reading some online research that says the effects of breathing are overrated and proposes intermittent breathing for maximum health benefit, there's an irrefutable scientific paper YouTube video (with a number of well sourced opinions from 4chan and Reddit). Just look at people who never breathe, they dramatically lose weight very quickly.

Wake up sheeple.

I have been practicing intermittent breathing for years. I think it's worth trying! I didn't see the scientific paper YouTube video yet; I'll have to look.

I found intermittent breathing helped me with weight management for a few years. I lost over 30 pounds. However, I think after a while, the body adapts, as I continue to breathe intermittently and still have gained some of the weight back.

I inhale only about half the time. I exhale the other half. I like to switch it up. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Maybe I need to inhale for 16 hours and exhale for eight. I heard that President Clinton didn't inhale.