January 2022 - Accountability Month

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    I keep eating WAAAAAY over my calories. I have an inner dialogue in my head all day to not eat, but when I start feeling stressed, I eat. I know I have to find a way to change this cycle that I have been in for several years now. Back when I was walking daily, I kept the stress at bay, but once I had my hamstring injury and now the foot issues, I fell back to comfort eating. I gotta brainstorm some stategies.

Brainstorming here, for more positive ways to deal with stress:
    - bubble bath with candles and a book, soft music
    - plan to get together with a friend weekly
    - schedule a mani/pedi/massage monthly
    - journal your thoughts/stress
    - take up boxing or some other 'aggressive' type of exercise that won't hurt your leg/foot

Just some thoughts, maybe it'll jog a great idea in your mind. Hang in there, I know you'll figure it out. Injury recovery is so hard when our favorite stress relief is exercise.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,803 Member
    nikkit321 wrote: »
    Food for thought:

Several of us are struggling, several of us are making progress with goals. Keep in mind that we don't fail unless we give up, and this thread helps with accountability and motivation to keep going. I've also noticed a couple people's numbers are where I wish mine were, and they would like to be where someone else is. Regardless of your scale number, it's exactly where someone else wishes they were. Stay positive - we'll get there!

Someone mentioned brain storming for stress relief ideas not involving exercise, due to an injury. What's your recommendation?

@nikkit321 Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement. I needed it today especially!
  • BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    @nikkit321 - Your words ring so true. Thank you!