Too tired for comments tonight 😂

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday

Pax vobiscum 🕊
    ☘️ Terri
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Got up this morning and decided to call BK to see if they’re open. I finally had to call the manager who told me they weren’t opening until it’s brighter out – like 8:00. My first thought was “yea, now I can exercise!”. So I did Gilad’s Quick Fit Body Sculpt DVD. Stay tuned to see what tomorrow brings.

Today they’re supposed to get their deliveries which means the back door will be open, so I’m wearing my longjohns just in case. Really, I told the manager I’d call before I left the house. To be honest, I’m not rushing. Update: The guy was there and made his delivery even before I got there.

Barbie – love that meme!

Rebecca – if your son is leaving his car at your place, I’m sure you know to start the engine (at the very least) once in a while just to get the oil going. You might also want to drive it some, even if it’s around the block. This will help the tires, etc.

Barbara – I really didn’t want to take a chance with that can. It’s not like it’s that expensive.

M – congrats on finishing work

Penny – looking forward to your pics. You always posted such lovely pics. You can keep that snow...lol

Rebecca – sounding off here is certainly a lot cheaper than going to a therapist!

Ceramics is closed...boo hoo. So many things are closed. It's really not that bad, there isn't any black ice. Well, this is the South

vicki – I’m so sorry for your friend

minicooper – so sorry about your mom’s fall. How I wish we could see who “liked” a post!

Michele NC

Once we get it from the kid that's been working on it. He's had it about 5 years! But he says its almost done!
    ty1epbeyi3an.jpg
    Sadly my son let a kid work on it, when the job was out of his league.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Ginny in Ohio, yep I got it covered! I don't like the separation but I have learned many coping skills over the years. Yep I got this.💖👍
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Michele, I surely do appreciate you letting me sound off.💖👍
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Not much to add today..Dan dropped his laundry off for mom to do.. tomorrow is snow heavy ,then rain and ice so we shall see how it goes
    Dont know if Ill be able to get down to Homie tomorrow we shall see.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Iiii
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    Heading for Zumba- drank a cup of coffee to hopefully give me extra energy to keep up.
    Had home made ginger chicken with brown rice for early dinner-
    At 800 cal for the day. I will have a little snack when I get home.
    An hour before time to leave, dh told me we are going to meet up with Charlotte Stewart(Ms.Beadle from Little House on the Praire, Twin Peaks and some others) and her husband. We were supposed to meet up with them last week but Michael canceled. So, quickly made a batch of the cracker toffee to take up. Michael sells meteorite jewelry and my dh wants to buy more of it- He was going to do it before Christmas but Michael didn't get back to him. He will be setting up an Etsy store and dh wants to check it out first. Glad the toffee is quick to make. Just wanted to take a little treat for them.

Allie- looking forward to seeing pictures of your new grandson

Have a great evening ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    After work went to the dentist, then to Aldi. What is it? there seems to be a run on saltine crackers. Aldi was completely out, two different WalMarts that I went to were completely out(of any brand). I’ll need to stop at Food Lion so I’ll see if they have any

The sleep study: I finally convinced my doctor to let me take the in-home one since it was around the holidays and this could be done rather than waiting for an appt. for an in-house one. Well, the result is that I do have sleep apnea. Now he wants me to have a CPAP titration study done. I honestly don’t understand, you either have it or not. What additional information will this give them? What settings to put the machine on? And does it mean that I have to spend the night there? I really would prefer not to. The first place he sent me to wanted me to do the sleep study at the hospital. If you want to get sick, go to a hospital. I have no desire to go to the hospital, none whatsoever. So I went to the place where Vince goes. Why is he dragging this out? I went to see him in Nov and he sent the order then. Admitted, that was my fault – I gave him the wrong number. So I gave him the right number and did the sleep study at home. Now he wants ANOTHER study. Arrrrrr. I WILL NOT get one of those machines that looks like an elephant. I’ll freak out and rip it off, I know that. Vince has one where the tube attaches at the top of your head. I can live with that. So we shall see how it goes.

At BK the pickles come in this LARGE container. It used to be where Jerry would open the container in the refrigerator for me. Do you know how cold the refrigerator gets. Well, I asked him a while ago to put the container in the sink. He complained that it was heavy. So I spoke to the manager, told her that I wasn’t complaining, but maybe Jerry had a physical reason why he couldn’t do that. To me, it’s safer, there isn’t the chance of pickle juice on the refrigerator floor, someone slipping and hurting themselves. She said it was Jerry’s job and that she’d talk to him. Twice he mentioned to me that she spoke to him (he doesn’t know it was me who brought it up) that he really needs to calm down. Well, twice he’s left before I got to them. So what I’m going to do is do the pickles first thing. To me, it isn’t fair to the people making the sandwiches. They should be there for the customer, to give them service. So if I ask Jerry first thing in the morning, he needn’t rush to get his work done so he gets out before me. The only thing I can do is change my way of doing things, so I’m thinking that’s what I’ll do.

KJ – hope you dh feels better. You’ll find a solution to the insurance situation, I just know it. You are so resourceful

Margaret – good for you calling the fire dept. Fortunately, it wasn’t a fire, but I would think that it would have embarrassed the people so much that they wouldn’t do it again

Vicki – how can the warranty on the shingles mean nothing just because they aren’t making them any more? What does the insurance company say?

Rita – safe travels

Does anyone know if you can freeze white or red wine? I have some from the holidays and it just seems a shame to throw it out and lots of recipes call for white or red wine.

Ginny – good luck with the ct

Newcomer bowling tonight. While there one gal really wants us to go to this wine and beer thing this Friday. To be honest, I’m really not very interested. Maybe we’ll go later or leave early. Then she was strongarmed into doing a lunch so I feel we should go. I would want something like that done for me. Fortunately, it’s right in Hickory so even if I get out of work at 11, we can still make it. Honestly, I’ll probably get out earlier so I can get home to change.

Michele NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Ginny We started out at RV resort in Goodyear! We were there until last year. Then we decided that it would be cheaper to buy a condo! We love it here in Arizona! If you ever come here let me know!

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Michele … yes you can freeze wine. Some people say it changes the taste slightly but most people don’t notice and if you’re using it in cooking no one would notice.

KJ … glad hubby didn’t need to stay overnight in the hospital. NY has assistance in paying for health insurance based on income. I would think each state has something similar. Wish they made it simpler for everyone.

Blechy day today. Gray and depressing. I overate. Tomorrow is a new day.

Beth near Buffalo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    fo4arda1alkw.jpeg
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    The live-streaming link to the funeral went very well and I was able to see everything. It was a nice funeral, but such a whitewash. :o
    I am not having a funeral, but I do want my friends and family to gather for a dinner and a wake. I hope someone might make a speech, show photos and play music, in my memory. Please do me justice by showing me, warts and all! Do not do any airbrushing. :#
    My friend L made a good speech and there were other readings. But I'm glad I didn't make the 6 hr trek to get there. I love my friend L, but I was never keen on him. Let's say, ambivalent. He was not my type.

Afterwards I needed a drink, but I haven't overdone it by too much. Tandoori chicken for dinner.

Life is complicated. Love is complicated. I feel viscerally, umbilically linked to my friendl I'm sure she is getting drunk right now. <3 Cheers my darling!

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I know what you mean, Heather. It is difficult for people to be honest about people's failures after they have passed. I had a friend who had been estranged, but not divorced, from her husband. He was horrible -- literally drank himself to death by his 50s. They were both cheating on each other, and had a very unhealthy, destructive relationship. After he died, the obituary she wrote for him was total fiction -- about their true love and wonderful family together. Her sister called her out for it, but I also understood why she did it. She has a 15 year old -- who was 12 or 13 when his dad died, and perhaps it was good for him to remember the wonderful times they had together as a family, and to think that his parents, at least at some time in the past, loved each other.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    💕
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    zumba was rough- they are back to mandatory masks inside, even though there are only four of us(including the instructor) and we stay 25-50 feet apart. I didn't find out until I got there. By the time we were 3/4 of the way through, I was really wishing I had my inhaler with me. I made it through, but it was hard.

Debbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Pip - We are looking for a new Keeshond puppy, but there are no litters this early in the year. We will keep looking. Schooner was a mid summer puppy. We both still miss him. Perhaps we will find another summer puppy. Earlier would be welcome.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Flea - Yes, it's difficult to find the right 'tone'. If anyone is interested I watched a very good German series on Netflix, called The Last Word, about a woman who loses her husband and then becomes a funeral celebrant. Great dark humour, but with a heart. Subtitled.
    Perhaps I will write my own obituary. >:)

Had a drink or two last night and suffered for it in the night. Heart racing, head filled with my friend L's partner's face all night. That'll teach me! ;) For a while.

I will say that I have not heard such a strong Welsh accent for years, as the celebrant had. It was in Llanelli.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    Flea - Yes, it's difficult to find the right 'tone'. If anyone is interested I watched a very good German series on Netflix, called The Last Word, about a woman who loses her husband and then becomes a funeral celebrant. Great dark humour, but with a heart. Subtitled.
    Perhaps I will write my own obituary. >:)

Had a drink or two last night and suffered for it in the night. Heart racing, head filled with my friend L's partner's face all night. That'll teach me! ;) For a while.

I will say that I have not heard such a strong Welsh accent for years, as the celebrant had. It was in Llanelli.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Is Llanelli pronounced Klanekli? More or less?

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    rmjm597qdppo.png

This evening's bicycle ride ... and my new cycling/driving/walking glasses.

Machka in Oz