Welcome to the newbies.

Minicooper, hope your mom is doing OK.

Lanette, so good to hear from you!

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies.

I'm just trying out the community to see if will help me with my weight loss resolution. It was great to see this discussion and I hope to make some friends here.

I'm in Texas and we are having our first winter day today. So I'm curled up on the couch playing on the computer.

I am recovering from back surgery (hopefully last) I had in September. I just got doc approval to start walking without my walker, so I'm encouraged that I might actually start losing weight.

Happy belated New Year to everyone

🌞welcome I found this thread a long time ago and it helped me lose the weight I wanted to and create new healthy habits. I hope you will come back. I had back surgery five years ago and remember the challenge of getting back to walking gradually
    😻Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Worked today then volunteered at the Green Room. We were slow at the Green Room, probably a lot of people are waiting to see what the weather holds. Went to WalMart, boy are they out of a lot! There was absolutely no apple juice, no peas and carrots, and the only cookie dough was this really expensive stuff so I’ll make some for tomorrow night. I can make it much more cheaply. This lady at bowling wants us to go for this beer and wine thing. Really, we’re not that interested, but we will probably have dinner and I’ll take some cookies and brownies with me. Have the brownies in the oven right now.

Beth – thanks for telling me that you can freeze wine. I think that’s what I’ll do with what I have left over rather than throwing it out

I’m going to try to get to the gym tomorrow after the soup kitchen and do some HIIT.

M – no, I didn’t ask the MD. I saw him in November. Guess I’ll just do what I have to do. I’m just sounding off here, that’s all. Congrats on the new job. There’s always a learning curve (what works and what doesn’t)

Allie – even if I were to have enough hose, just having something over my nose would freak me out. I had a bad experience when I was little, and something over my nose still to this day freaks me out. If ever I have to have an operation, I always tell the anesthesiologist to make sure I’m asleep before they put anything over my nose. I’ll have to ask the respiratory doc about the inspire

Everyone who gives their cat/dog any kind of flea med or anything, we get our Revolution from Sierra Pet Meds. Much lower in price. It’s shipped from Australia, but it’s just as good as you can get here. Actually, I think it might even be made in the USA.

While I was at the Green Room today I was surfing the net and found that you CAN make popcorn in the IP without oil. I just might give that a try when we’re down in FL. Last time we were there I found this IP at a thrift store for $30 so I had a friend buy it for me and I’ll get it from her when we go down this year. For some reason I didn’t get it last year but called her and asked her to pick it up for me.

Lisa – love your obit!!!! ROTFLMAO

cathy – welcome!

Vicki – unfortunately, the second you cough or, heaven forbid, sneeze, you are expected to have a COVID test. Sad, isn’t it?

Minicooper – neither Vince nor I are drinkers. Which is why I’m really not looking forward to this beer and wine thing tomorrow. Just that one gal asked us to go. If we leave early, I don’t have a problem in the world with it. Fortunately, it’s at a place near our house.

Lanette – (((HUG))) So sorry about your walking friend

cpblondie – welcome!

Brandy – happy birthday! When is it?

Now making chocolate chip cookies for tomorrow. After the Green Room today I come home and Vince has a lot of lights (Christmas) that are incadescents which he wants to donate.

Ginny OH – glad the ct was positive. Sorry you can’t get the Synthroid but need a generic. Yup, the only thing you can do is try it and if you have a reaction, the MD petitions. Hope you don’t have a reaction, but it would be good if you can get the Synthroid. Medicare!!!

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)Lanette, glad to see you posting again. Sorry to hear about what's going on with your husband. You have a lot of work to keep up with your property. Good luck. I hope you'll stop in here more often.

:)Michele, if you don't want to go the the wine and beer thing, why don't you just decline the invitation?

:)Lisa, I love your writing about your last wishes.

:) Neither Jake nor I want any sort of funeral or memorial. We plan to have our bodies donated to Medcure and then cremated when they are finished with us.

:) We use Revolution to deal with fleas for Sasha and Bernie. Bessie has many health issues and the vet recommended Bravecto. It's all pricy but our pets are important to us and we don't do most of the recreational things that other people do so we have the money for the pets.

:) I saw my doctor today for my annual visit. Meds are working for osteoporosis and high cholesterol. She froze off a couple of spots on my face that might be pre-cancerous. The worst part was all the sitting I had to do. I don't sit well.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie and Lisa - Regarding last wishes--DH & I got married in a whale lookout tower at Cape Perpetua on the Oregon coast more than 50 years ago. We were still college students then. Both of our families were there and our two best friends were witnesses. We plan to have our ashes scattered from there when the time comes, and the ashes of our beloved dogs with us. Our daughter has agreed to help do this for us.
    We are hoping that the time doesn't come any time soon and are also hoping for many happy years between now and then. :wink: :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: 142.4, Joe, readings, BP, BBB, nail trims, mfp50+.
    Bonus: mise en place gf vegan lemon cookies, called Chetco for email of Joe’s labs, tests and appointment summary, baked lemon cookies, veg prep
    Workin’ on it: H20x4,
    Happier January 2022
    21: Try out something new to get out of your comfort zone. Winter vegs with hummus, bake vegan gf cookies.

Not even totting up active hrs, CI<CO yet, will do tomorrow. For now just checking in with you all in hopes I can get to sleep.
    Just watched Time to Die with C and T. A heck of a lot more action, shooting, car chases, and explosions than my normal before bedtime fare. ;} Hoping cocoa, biscotti and chat will restore my equanimity ;)

Heather I can just see you as Piaf!
    Lisa “googly eyes?” Laughing at death. Bravissima!
    Welcome @Cathyisback2319 Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Vicki hope no one tries to crash the funeral. Glad you have grands’ birthday parties to cheer up after.
    Carol hope you get good help at your appointment on the 3rd. My new eye dr’s office called today and postponed my appointment to the end of April [sigh].
    Lanette so glad to see your smiling face. ((hugs)). So sad to hear about your DH’s troubles. (((hugs held extra long))).
    Betsy good to see your smiling face too!
    Debbie “. . . better for mom- she had more one on one time when my cousins got here plus she had something to look forward to a few months later. “ VERY well done.
    Mary sorry your trip has to be shortened, but glad you’ll be able to drop presents and meal off.
    Likewise welcome and @cpblondie67 in TX! Many here don’t do the “friend” thing, just keep connected here on this thread.
    Julie that is a beautiful cake!
    Allie I prefer the old shows too.
    Margaret prayers that the meds work your nephew’s wife, and soon.
    Welcome @Brandywismer Brandy in WVa and happy birthday!
    Katla thanks for your good thoughts for my SIL. Yes she’s in Boise and yes the ER at St. Luke’s was excellent when I was there (3 times for broken wrists, once for pneumonia.) Don’t know why the long wait for an MRI now but can only guess its shortness of staff. Covid is absolutely rampant there ;{ Whooshing good Keeshond thoughts to you, that you find the right breeder soon.
    Ginny I hate that your insurance company can just stop covering a medicine that has kept you heathy for 25 years. Are you planning to try the generic while you still have the 90 days supply? That way if it causes issues you can go back to what works while the doctor fights it out with the insurance company. Fingers X’d!
    Rebecca toes hurt too! Owww!
    Michele “left over wine” a problem I’ve never had ;)
    Barbie glad the annual went well. I dislike it when the doc freezes those spots, but I dislike having skin cancers surgically removed even more!

Well, thanks loves. You’ve calmed me down enough that I can sleep. Hope no nightmares. Honestly if the next girls’ movie night isn’t a chick flick or Disney, I’ll decline.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    zx2jhop95gzj.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    Long days.
    Yesterday left home 7:30am. Home 6pm. 10.5 hours ... and had my mask on almost the whole time.
    Today: 7:30am to 5:30 pm. 10 hours ... and had my mask on almost the whole time.

Part of the reason my days are so long is that my schedule has changed with this new job, and I'm trying to figure out the best buses. Right now, none are particularly good. Evidently the whole bus schedule is going to change shortly and I'm hoping something works then.

Meanwhile, yesterday, we went for a bicycle ride after work and I thoroughly enjoyed the air blowing in my face!! Fresh air!!

Tonight is Friday night and I won't have to wear a mask (much) over the weekend.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Michele - A lot of people freeze wine in ice cube trays. Then you can tip them out into bags to use when needed. I never have wine left over!

Saga pay day today. :o:* I will be ringing on the dot of 9 am. I have been gradually feeling more like going now Omicron seems to be fading. DH is still not keen, as he got used to me not wanting to go. A girl can change her mind! >:) He will go along with whatever I want. <3

We kept our heat on last night because it was predicted - 2 °C. It wasn't. Woke up to no frost. Oh well. It was nice and warm though when I went down to make our cup of tea. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    edited January 2022
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)
    :) We use Revolution to deal with fleas for Sasha and Bernie. Bessie has many health issues and the vet recommended Bravecto. It's all pricy but our pets are important to us and we don't do most of the recreational things that other people do so we have the money for the pets.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

We use Revolution for Rhody too. :)

https://www.petbarn.com.au/revolution-blue-for-2-6-7-5kg-cats

zjidcymva1id.png

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    even if I were to have enough hose, just having something over my nose would freak me out. I had a bad experience when I was little, and something over my nose still to this day freaks me out. If ever I have to have an operation, I always tell the anesthesiologist to make sure I’m asleep before they put anything over my nose. I’ll have to ask the respiratory doc about the inspire

Michele NC

You wore/wear face masks over your nose, right?

• Machka9
    Options
    iu0nnvs9h9a8.png

AND

22g00p75v540.png
  • Machka9
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Today's walk ... walk, not ride.

fimah37f70d5.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,119 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Morning all. Just popping in briefly.

Machka: 😍 the sleep shirt fitting. And I’m sure you will soon figure out you new processes
    Lisa: 🥰 your obituary! I have written several obit poems. Must get a 💀 Box of Death 💀 organised.
    Lanette: It’s good to see you posting again. 😢 DH’s decline. *Glitter* gets everywhere.

Time for me to get up and move.

Love

☘️ Terri

Page 48
  • Machka9
    edited January 2022
    Options
    *Glitter* gets everywhere.

Time for me to get up and move.

Love

☘️ Terri

Page 48

Yeah, it's certainly not declining!!

• Machka9
    Options
    Funny, I was thinking today that once again, I am out of comfort zone. I've lived a whole lot of my life outside my comfort zone. Sometimes it has been my choice. Sometimes life steps in. This time, I think I was in my comfort zone, but feeling restless.

qupmsghpcfor.png

4d8k0my27yqp.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Paid the Saga balance. :o:o:o The stress was so great I decided to not go back to my exercise regime, but to go out for a walk instead. I went further than usual, down to the Peace Angel. Beautiful day.
    Came back and found it hard to settle, so did my writing on my phone. I find it less intimidating than a Word document. :p Managed to get 250 words out.

Going to ring my friend L this afternoon. She has had her sister staying plus a friend, but they are all departing this morning. We've scheduled a chat for 3.45 pm.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Came back and found it hard to settle, so did my writing on my phone. I find it less intimidating than a Word document. :p Managed to get 250 words out.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

How do you write on your phone?

• cityjaneLondon
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Machka - I have an app. WriterP+. It's very basic. Unfortunately it doesn't upload to Dropbox, so I copy and paste it into my email and send it to myself. I find there are times when I'm not in the mood to open my laptop. Also means I can do it anywhere, anytime.
    I also use Notes app for poetry, ideas, quotes etc.

Heather UK xxxxxx