WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, dog group, active 4:22
    Bonus: 40 mins grooming Tumble, reconciled bank accounts, BGBS
    Workin’ on it: 143.7, H20x5,
    Friendly February 2022
    23: Be gentle with someone you are inclined to criticize. Including myself.
    24: Tell a loved one about the strengths that you see in them.

Trying to reconcile Discover card statement but can’t find $0.24 discrepancy. Would normally drives me nuts, I balance to the penny every month. Today I’m just letting it go. Seems like the statement’s not all that’s “off.” :{

Machka “…In my head, I just need to pay a bill or send an email or log into a site and do one thing ... but as soon as I get started I discover a whole bunch of other things that I need to consider or do. . . “ sounds like me and cleaning or decluttering. One tiny step forward, whoosh! Big slide further back down the hill. And as for Joe, well, I haven’t even tried to involve him. He was a big help writing checks when I had surgery to repair my broken wrist in 2005, but has no interest in paying bills or accessing bank accounts online. I should try again.
    KJ :love: our arbor, drain spout, gargoyle, terraced container garden plan. A lot of work up front but oh the benefits you’ll reap! Ditto your “make like a bear” comment even though you (and Vicki) would laugh at our wind chilly c c c old coastal temps.
    Heather, yay for tech, boo for long lines, and back pain. Long ago a combination of getting caught in the rain in Brighton and HOT curry cured my flight induced bronchitis, hope it does the same for any remnants of your cold.
    Annie brava and ((hugs))
    Rebecca (and Michele) in their hands? Athena might like the Botan Rice Candy where the inner “wrapper” dissolves on your tongue.
    Debbie glad you have Zumba to get you out of the house. Sounds like both your ex and your current have anger issues. Hard to live with.
    Tina Oh, oh OOH those photos! Thank you so much for letting me enjoy without having to be that close to the shark. :laugh:
    Pip fingers Xd for Friday’s appointment. ((hugs))
    Sue our fridge is hanging in there but considering your wait times, think I’ll talk to the appliance guy Friday. As for being a good pioneer, not me! Too dependent on all the mod cons.
    Katla hoping your daughter and family are well or with only mild cases.
    Welcome @skinniesomeday Christine in KY.
    Karen rejoicing at Josephine the ballerina’s clear scans. Thank you so much for letting us know.
    Michele humidifiers in Florida? SMH. Like coals to Newcastle… ;)
    Lisa staying warm, reading and watching the telly, a restorative day. Are your gastro, cardio and pcp communicating with each other? And you?
    Tracey emergency appendectomy surgery, both you and your daughter, as children? How terrifying. Agree with you and KJ that mental comments count. ;)
    Alexandra “…hadn’t sent the order in yet” That happened to me too here. And as I’d been fasting I was good and hangry and not nice to the tech. Now I call the lab a day before to confirm they have the orders in hand. A nuisance but better for my temper and their ears.
    Julie augh! ((hugs))

Dragged my unwilling butt down to the port for dog group despite cold cold wind. Felt the better for it. Remember this Barbara, activity IS the rx.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

She's pretty finicky! I used to buy that candy because they had cute stickers inside, plus the boys thought it was magical. 🙃😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Rita - sending love and hugs. And thank you for posting a review on Amazon. It is more important than you know. <3 The truth is, we are all human, and go through the same 'stuff '. I think it important to know we are not alone. There are so many women out there to give support. Lots of love and strength winging your way across the ocean. <3
    Thanks for posting. I appreciate it.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Woof Im tired but still one more errand to run,take Carmine down to the guitar lesson and aftwr that home...
    Tomorrow is supposed to be a mess so im staying home..
    I did get most bills paid today whick makes me feel good..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Another placid day in progress. Of course, "placid" always makes me think of a cow. Moo. 🐮

Definitely not a bad thing--I like cows. Especially Jerseys. But I digress.

The surcease of pain is a glorious thing. However, this is my 8th 9th round on these same antibiotics. They kick in about five days after beginning, help me feel better, then about four or five days after the two-week cycle of antibiotics is complete, my system starts regressing again. Ah, well, I'll enjoy feeling good while I can.

I actually did two minutes on the elliptical this morning, too. That's when it started feeling like I had 100-pound weights on each ankle. Anemia, most likely. I'll be seeing my old primary doc again on March 7, and I'll work with him to get that fixed.

The crews Corey's working with have been out clearing ice off the sidewalks and parking lots of the hospitals and clinics. Apparently, he shoveled ice off the walks for six hours straight. He is going to be so sore tomorrow!

Rita - It's good to see you post. I'm sorry you're struggling, my dear. You'll make your way back to fitness now that the weather is turning beautiful where you are.

Julie - Glad to see you!

To the new ones, welcome, stay with us and you'll find one of the best support systems I've ever had. To those in need of hugs, please accept mine.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I agree with your thoughts about this group of women. This group has been an amazing source of encouragement and wisdom. I am so happy that I found it.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    This evening I've been keeping the spirits up of my friend G in the Emergency Room. She's almost ready to go home. Knee feeling better. It's very scary when you live alone. Luckily she is in York, with a lift, because her apartment in Southsea is three floors up a stone staircase. I have told her she might want to reconsider that situation.
    Getting old is no fun at all.

Heather in Hove, grateful. Xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Brother home from his surgery his head bandaged up.and in pain .. im hoping the surgery worked because if it didnt he will be blind in that eye..
    Staying in tomorrow as we have crappy weather coming in,think its what Lisa had in her area..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hello ladies ...

I know we're probably all feeling a little unsettled and edgy about recent political situations and sometimes it helps to talk about it.

If you'd like to talk about the situation in the Ukraine or other situations that might be deemed "political", we've got a Women Ages 50+ Group. You can click on the link below to get there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123702-women-ages-50

If you haven't joined the Group already, I think there's some way to apply for that and one of the admins will accept you.

Once you have access, that Group will be accessible through your Groups link in the right sidebar.

2t0nt9t4t779.png

Let me know if you have any troubles with this. :)

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

housecleaning etc- 1hr, 47min 43sec, vacuum some, sweep front entryway and front patio, laundry, fold and put away, wash down back patio and put back furniture back together = 499c

I’m just glad I have the appointment tomorrow. I am taking an overnight bag in the car just in case I have to go to emergency.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Reading through my old love letters has sent me into a bit of a spiral.
    It will pass, but, oh, what a first class idiot I was. :o:o:o Plus a b...h. :s
    Glad I am not that person any more. I sincerely hope.
    Humbling.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I don't think I kept any of that stuff. If I did, they might be in the boxes in the office and I'll get to them one day ... and shred them.

For me, those chapters of my life are closed. Occasionally, something reminds me of someone from my past and I'll have a little reminisce ... but I don't think there's anything that other people would care about or need to care about.

M in Oz

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    pip the pictures are great!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did Tracy Long longevity DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to use the stairstepper and the the rowing machine.

M – the reason I go to the store down here so often is because I don’t want to have a lot of food at the condo since I know that we’re not going to be here real long. So, therefore, I go to the store as we need something.

After exercise I went to WalMart to get a few things. There’s another shortage of saltine crackers! In a few I’m supposed to go to the home of a friend of mine who picked up the IP for me. But first I want to stop at Publix since if I go before Sunday, I get a bouquet of flowers for free. I figure I’ll take them to Marge to say “thank you for picking up the IP for me” Update: the flowers cost me all of 49 cents.

Alexandra – I do hope it isn’t cancer. When I go for a fasting blood test, I usually have something in the car for me to eat the minute I get out of the office.

Last night I took a walk around the parking lot. I’ll probably do that Saturday (there is a pot luck dinner tomorrow at the condo), or maybe I’ll go across the street and get this cat spray that we use when Lexi has an accident. Poor girl, sometimes just can’t make it and sometimes just doesn’t remember where the litter box is, sometimes I swear she farts and some poo comes out.

Went to my friend’s and got the IP. It’s a 3qt (I thought it was bigger, but that’s big enough for down here). I can’t see the condensation cup so I’ll have to look online to see if I can get another one. Went to Arby’s for lunch because I wanted to see which mustard they have. I have one from an Arby’s that’s a spicy brown mustard. Unfortunately, the only kind they have in individual packets is the regular mustard. Just had the grilled chicken salad only without the bacon or dressing. Then Vince & I went to WalMart then to Aldi, then I went in the pool. Canasta tonight. Update: I had to order a new condensation cup

pip – you certainly have an eye for decorating.

Michele now in fl
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Pip—Your home is lovely and welcoming. I hope your appointment tomorrow goes very well. ❤️

Katla
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Pip - I love your patio. It’s beautiful. Hope you feel better soon.

Tracey
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Pip, nice patio. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Tina in CA