WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- Your bill paying conundrum sounds like the black hole/abyss that my DH speaks of. lol Every once in a while he will get online to pay a bill, and end up spending hours "sorting things out". Soon that job will be mine. I will probably track everything on my agenda (paper and pen) and make payments from there. At least until I become more tech savvy.

Well, more of you I wanted to reply to; but the kids are swarming. They have had breakfast and are ready for activities to begin. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

One of my goals is to ensure that all our bills have up to date information and that we can both access them and pay them so that if something happens to one of us, the other won't be in the situation I was in back in 2018 when something did happen to one of us ... his accident.

So each time I deal with a bill, I try to ensure that we both know all their is to know about it.

M in Oz

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Super lovely photos Tina. How could you bear to come home!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather, It is very difficult. None of us was ready to return. That is one of my favorite places in the world. We've been 4 times now and are already planning a trip back.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Josephine the Ballerina - for those who remember, just got an email that Josie's scans are clear and she is in remission.

It's been a long haul for that little girl.

Celebrating!

Karen in Virginia

That is such great news!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Karen in Virginia - Such great news about Josephine!!!

Kim in N. Calif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Karen— I remember Josephine the ballerina very well. So glad she is in remission . She is a gift to your whole family. I am thrilled for all of you. ❤️😘❤️😘❤️
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Yay Josephine!

Well I didn't have any of the supper I made for my parents today, so that's a step closer to my goals. But I did have some candy instead. So maybe a half step.

And I made some progress towards my taxes. It should go quickly once I get my notes together.

Annie in Delaware

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did a rept circuit DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Tracy Long Longevity DVD

After exercise went to Sav A Lot since I wanted OJ concentrate and Greek yogurt so I could make pops, made them then got dinner ready then went by the pool. I REFUSE to go home white…..lol

I could wait until tomorrow, but it’ll probably be a busy day. I’m supposed to see a friend of mine (she picked up an IP for me for $30. Looked new), then since I’m up that way I want to go to Aldi, at night we’re going to play canasta. So I’m making chocolate chip muffins for Vince. Unfortunately, I have to make things from a mix (not from scratch like I usually like to do) since I don’t have a lot of the ingredients here. Like I just can’t see buying a big thing of butter just for one stick.

KJ – when you mentioned the dehumidifier, it reminded me of something I saw in the Aldi down here. Here...in FL….they were selling … get this….humidifiers!!!!!

Rebecca – I have no idea if you won or not. Just thought of you when they asked that question. To be honest, I didn’t even watch, I just heard it. I didn’t think a true nudist could wear a fanny pack!!

katla – good thoughts for your daughter and her family

Christine – welcome. If you have a problem with getting to know MFP, just ask here and someone will most likely be able to help you.

What good news for Josie!!! Thanks for sharing it.

Michele now in FL
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Not to much to report..
    Havr to get up early tomorrow to take Carmine to school she has had the last 3 days off. And im guessing will have friday off too as we will be getting snow ,sleet and ice...
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Karen - what wonderful news for Josephine and her family. So pleased for all of you.

Peaceful day today... so appreciate the days like this. The sleet/rain/snow started at 10 a.m. and continued all day, and I accomplished absolutely nothing except staying warm, reading, watching the telly. There are days where merely existing is enough.

Good night all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Katla49
    Options
    Michele— Thank you for your kind wishes for our daughter and her family. We are hoping it won’t be a bad situation. The adults have been vaccinated for a long time. I don’t know whether the grandchildren have been vaccinated. 🤞🏻⭐️ Keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞🏻❤️
  • Katla49
    Options
    (((Lisa))) — I’ve been watching the Weather channel and it seems that Arkansas is having a serious winter storm. I hope you’re safe and cozy at home, with plenty of food on hand so you don’t have to go anywhere.

(I watch weather for our adult children and their families, along with our friends here. )

Katla
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Stats for the day-

Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 1hr 34min 23sec, 656elev, 70aw, 15.9amph, 117ahr, 139mhr 25.03mi= 647c
    Strava app= 381c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 34min 24sec, 659elev, 70aw, 55arpm, 15.25amph, 25mi= 381c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stat- 16.11min, 39elev, 61aw, 14.9amph, 107amph, 127mhr, 4.01mi= 101c
    Strava app 56c
    Zwift stats- 16.13min 40elev, 60aw, 54arpm, 14.87amph, 4,02mi= 56c

Total cal 748

Didn’t go walking w/kirby and yogi since i knew i would slow them down and i didn’t think i. Would last 8miles. I stayed home and. Spinner instead, at least i was able to knock out 29miles out. We’ve come to the thought that this pain may be a hernia or appendix. We will c. Looked online and i don’t have all of the symptoms of an appendix issue but then again i didn’t have a lot of symptoms that go with menopause either. We’ll c what’s up. I’ve paid attention that i noticed it on the 7th of this month and has progressively gotten worse.

Go to the doctor!

My appendix pain wasn't "normal" either. I was in pain for a year before it was finally taken out ... and that was indeed the problem.

But hernia is a possibility.

M in Oz

My appendix also wasn’t normal. I too had pains for about a year before I was rushed into emergency surgery at 6 years old.
    My daughter didn’t have the “correct” white blood cell count to convince them it was her appendix, then 5 hours later she was in emergency surgery.

Good Luck Pip, hope you feel better soon.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Lunch walk ... I wanted to stay there for the afternoon.

kyfv2n6b3gwe.png
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Karen — YAY for Josephine the Ballerina!!! Congratulations for the whole family!!!
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    We had a pretty good day here. Therapy is always hard on Boyfriend and he spent the afternoon in bed. Still waiting to hear back from his job contact.

I went to get a blood test done that will see whether or not I have cancer and they hadn't sent in the order yet. (roll eyes) So tomorrow I will have to call someone and be annoying about it. I hate phone calls, so that's not the way I wanted this to go. Blah.

Also tomorrow is grocery shopping, and what with one thing and another today I haven't made the list yet. (sigh) ah, well. I will feel better tomorrow.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hi you guys,
    update: well at the garage where the scooter was stolen, the guy SAID they are going to pay for it. Still waiting for proof of that in writing. I had to go to the police station to declare it stolen. 2h wait outside in cold because they are doing renovation and have no waiting room for many months. Crazy day on Tuesday with that and other stuff. Yesterday was better.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Jjjjjj
  • Katla49
    Options
    ❤️