• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,079 Member
    Options
    Ginny thank you!

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Anne DE – I, too, am impressed how far you have come with your exercise.

Rebecca - watching Family Feud and the question is "where does a nudist carry their car keys". Can you answer this?????

Michele
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Thinking of you and the the challenges you face. Be safe. I hope for good health for sll of us. ❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    Love the freedom of working from home!
    Couldn't resist getting in the water. 🙂

xgmw2bvz8iic.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    After exercise stopped at the dollar store to get mats for the cats and a sympathy cared. Went to a store today and sold some crystal we had from MIL. Got $8. Not bad,I wasn’t even expecting that much. So I promised to give the guy this piece of Lenox that I have. First went to the church’s thrift store, then out in the sun by the pool. Stopped at Ace Hardware to get a few screws that Vince needed for the fix for the threshold.

Michele
    who is going to go

You do like your shopping! :smile:

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,620 Member
    Options
    slb7wkz95nr3.jpeg
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, active 5:32
    Bonus: 43 mins grooming Tumble, 70 minutes filing and decluttering
    Workin’ on it: 143.1, H20x6,
    Friendly February 2022
    22: Give sincere compliments to people you talk to today. Happy birthday, Papa.
    23: Be gentle with someone you are inclined to criticize.

Blustery, cold but beautiful blue sky and sunshine. Grateful for the wood burning stove, the heat really sinks into my bones.

Lisa “. . .tremendously closer to this group. . .” likewise. Barely know my half sisters, didn’t meet til I was in my 40s. Only other family left are cousins in the Midwest. Feel closer to these gals than my new friends here in Oregon. Grateful to you all. ((hugs))
    Allie ((hugs))
    Vicki what Carol said. Brr!
    Beth ((hugs))
    Machka I cannot imagine tolerating appendix pain for a year. You are made of stern stuff!
    Michele, I’m just glad Vince didn’t try with a “bigger hammer” :laugh:

Pooped out again on taxes and minutes. Did invest over an hour filing/decluttering. Probably another hour’s worth still to do. [‘sigh]

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka I cannot imagine tolerating appendix pain for a year. You are made of stern stuff!

Lighter, lovelies!
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

It wasn't severe pain. But they didn't know what it was. They sent me for heaps of tests and couldn't figure it out. One doctor was convinced I was making it up for attention.

Finally a surgeon decided to take me seriously and did a general surgery ... he cut me open from my belly button down to have a look around.

Turns out it was retrocecal chronic appendicitis - the appendix was elongated and twisted back on itself. When they did the tests and caught sight of it, they only saw a tiny bit of it and it looked normal.

Unfortunately it left me with quite a scar. I will never have a flat stomach and I wear garments to kind of smooth things out.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Pooped out again on taxes and minutes. Did invest over an hour filing/decluttering. Probably another hour’s worth still to do. [‘sigh]

Lighter, lovelies!
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

I'm trying to take care of some paperwork. I've got a list of things and thought I'd start working on them one by one.

First one: paying a bill. You wouldn't think that would be difficult or time consuming. Took me 3 days to get it done!! Paying the bill was relatively quick, but once I got partway through I realised that things needed to be updated in the account and I needed to involve my husband who couldn't remember ... etc. etc. etc.

Second one involves a bank account. Eventually I might like to close it. But meanwhile, I'm on Day 4 of trying to get something sorted with it.

It's no wonder my Things To Do list never reduces!

In my head, I just need to pay a bill or send an email or log into a site and do one thing ... but as soon as I get started I discover a whole bunch of other things that I need to consider or do.

Machka in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,079 Member
    Options
    Michele thank you! I'm getting stronger!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Not much to report, Tracys dad my ex is in a depression funk,remember i told you he has mental health issues anyway it is supposed to get up to 65 today so Tracy is going to take a walk with him and Miles and spend some time with him which is good
  • Machka9
    Options
    bztk6odizo05.png

If books and bicycles were in the mix here, I could stay there for at least a month ... maybe longer!

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Happy Wednesday! I am pressed for time every morning to reply to posts; but I do read them all and mentally comment. Does that count? lol
    Beth- Sorry to hear of your basement issues. Spring/snow melt seems to be the litmus test for our basements. If you can get your hands on a dehumidifier those help immensely! This spring, I will be building a couple of arbors at the corners of my house (where the downspouts are). My plan is to shorten the drain pipe to the height of the arbor (that will span the walkway around my house). Then I will run a length of pipe over the top of the arbor and attach ceramic gargoyle water "dispensers" to the ends, sending the water onto the hillside that slopes away from my house. Eventually, I will probably put some sort of container or container garden there to use the run off water. The foundation of my house is surrounded by sand (we are in a dune) so drainage isn't a real problem, but the ice build up on the walkways and driveway is an issue in the winter. Hoping this will alleviate that.
    Lisa- Sorry to hear of your brother; hugs on the family stuff. Family is HARD. I am glad you are getting some answers on your health issues. Although you don't seem to have the answer to your big health question; little answers are good, because that means they are still looking. Sometimes I feel like our health, as we age, is like that home repair job that appears to be an easy one, but as we start tearing things apart, we find more and more wrong. Ugh. Hugs to you, friend!
    Annie- Sending you hugs to let you know you are not alone on the struggle bus with food choices. February and March are hard months for me. I feel very tired of the cold winter and at times feel the need to make like a bear and eat and sleep until spring.
    Heather- First your ankle and now a cold! Hope you are feeling better soon! I am sure Johnny misses you on his walks and during his time with the kids.
    Tina-Your trip sounds wonderful! Glad you were able to get away. I recall when your DH got sick, you were worried about possibly having to cancel; glad that didn't happen. Post pics please; so I can live vicariously through you!
    Machka- Your bill paying conundrum sounds like the black hole/abyss that my DH speaks of. lol Every once in a while he will get online to pay a bill, and end up spending hours "sorting things out". Soon that job will be mine. I will probably track everything on my agenda (paper and pen) and make payments from there. At least until I become more tech savvy.

Well, more of you I wanted to reply to; but the kids are swarming. They have had breakfast and are ready for activities to begin. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,620 Member
    Options
    Tttt
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3