WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Rebecca--Pray you and Lee are feeling better today. There is a lot of just plain flu going around now. Good thing is it only seems to last a day or two at the most.

Beth--Sorry to hear about the water in your basement. Hope it drys out without any mold. That is always my biggest fear.

Lisa--Glad your lung scan was clear. I understand what you mean about not being close to family. I send birthday and Christmas cards to my siblings but usually do not hear anything from them. It is sad, but that is what it is. I keep sending so the door is open, maybe someday I will feel comfortable to stop.

Allie--Sorry for the loss of your uncle.

Well it is -25 wind chill here today and so glad I work inside.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    VICKI ~ I can't even begin to imagine the cold you have in NE!

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,020 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I’m starting the day on the lazy side today. Right now I’m lingering in bed, something I haven’t done in a long time. 😊

:) Enjoy this now because when you get your puppy, he/she will want to go out first thing and there will be no lingering in bed.

the best thing we did when we had our first dog was to get an electronic dog door. That way, she could go in and out as often as she wanted(but no critters could come in) and I didn't have to get up during the night to let her out/let her in. For some reason, I was the only one in the house that could hear her scratch on the back door(same thing when son was a newborn, dh never heard him, even with him laying right next to him)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
    P
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    I logged all my binge foods and it came out better than I had anticipated. Still a bit in credit. Phew!
    Renewed determination for the rest of this week. :D
    Still feeling a bit off, but progress is being made. Better than last night. Cough improving.

I've ordered all the presents for Bea and her mum as their birthdays are while we are away. Bea is mad about monkeys, as that was/is her comforter, so I've got her a t shirt with monkeys 🐒 🙈 🙊 🤣 on it. I've designed a card on my app, so will have to print it off.

My friend K has just arrived back from South Korea after a couple of months with her newborn twin grandsons. We have scheduled a phone call for Saturday morning at 11. I can't imagine how much she is missing her beloved son etc.right now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Beth -basement woes are all you need!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Stats for the day-

Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 1hr 34min 23sec, 656elev, 70aw, 15.9amph, 117ahr, 139mhr 25.03mi= 647c
    Strava app= 381c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 34min 24sec, 659elev, 70aw, 55arpm, 15.25amph, 25mi= 381c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stat- 16.11min, 39elev, 61aw, 14.9amph, 107amph, 127mhr, 4.01mi= 101c
    Strava app 56c
    Zwift stats- 16.13min 40elev, 60aw, 54arpm, 14.87amph, 4,02mi= 56c

Total cal 748

Didn’t go walking w/kirby and yogi since i knew i would slow them down and i didn’t think i. Would last 8miles. I stayed home and. Spinner instead, at least i was able to knock out 29miles out. We’ve come to the thought that this pain may be a hernia or appendix. We will c. Looked online and i don’t have all of the symptoms of an appendix issue but then again i didn’t have a lot of symptoms that go with menopause either. We’ll c what’s up. I’ve paid attention that i noticed it on the 7th of this month and has progressively gotten worse.

Go to the doctor!

My appendix pain wasn't "normal" either. I was in pain for a year before it was finally taken out ... and that was indeed the problem.

But hernia is a possibility.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    The sun is shining and looks beautiful. Outside temperature is 55 degrees Fahrenheit, and not windy. It will change but it is very pleasant now. 🥰

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Puppy potty training will be a challenge. Every puppy we’ve ever brought into our family eventually learned the “does and don’ts.” We’re both experienced puppy potty trainers. We do expect mistakes from baby dogs. 😘
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did a Strength Training DVD today then took a walk around the parking lot. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Rept DVD.

After exercise stopped at the dollar store to get mats for the cats and a sympathy cared. Went to a store today and sold some crystal we had from MIL. Got $8. Not bad,I wasn’t even expecting that much. So I promised to give the guy this piece of Lenox that I have. First went to the church’s thrift store, then out in the sun by the pool. Stopped at Ace Hardware to get a few screws that Vince needed for the fix for the threshold.

Mailed a sympathy card for a friend of Jess’

Lisa – I’m so sorry about your brother. I always look forward to your posts. You have such a good way with words and have such an interesting life. Good luck with the blood work

Allie – so very sorry. Glad you sent him those videos, I’m sure that they made him happy

Rebecca – sometimes I have soup for breakfast so having it at 9 isn’t weird at all….at least not to me

Beth – so sorry about the lady at your church.

Vince tried and tried to hammer out to pin from the door hinge to no avail. This morning he looked at it from the outside and, sure enough, there is a set pin in it. Took that out and the pin came right out

Need to have dinner. A neighbor called & asked me to play cards at 7.

Michele
    who is going to go
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Well I ate all my calories for tonight then I kept eating. I made pork chops for my parents and I ate one instead of sticking to water. Now I will be exercising on a full stomach too. I know better. And the pork chop wasn't that great anyway. Oh well I can do better tomorrow.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Stats for the day-

Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 1hr 34min 23sec, 656elev, 70aw, 15.9amph, 117ahr, 139mhr 25.03mi= 647c
    Strava app= 381c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 34min 24sec, 659elev, 70aw, 55arpm, 15.25amph, 25mi= 381c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stat- 16.11min, 39elev, 61aw, 14.9amph, 107amph, 127mhr, 4.01mi= 101c
    Strava app 56c
    Zwift stats- 16.13min 40elev, 60aw, 54arpm, 14.87amph, 4,02mi= 56c

Total cal 748

Didn’t go walking w/kirby and yogi since i knew i would slow them down and i didn’t think i. Would last 8miles. I stayed home and. Spinner instead, at least i was able to knock out 29miles out. We’ve come to the thought that this pain may be a hernia or appendix. We will c. Looked online and i don’t have all of the symptoms of an appendix issue but then again i didn’t have a lot of symptoms that go with menopause either. We’ll c what’s up. I’ve paid attention that i noticed it on the 7th of this month and has progressively gotten worse.

Go to the doctor!

My appendix pain wasn't "normal" either. I was in pain for a year before it was finally taken out ... and that was indeed the problem.

But hernia is a possibility.

M in Oz

I have an appointment on Friday morning
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome back. The trip was glorious and none of us were ready to come home. We are planning a trip back already. They have wonderful food at that resort and I feared I would gain a ton of weight. We all felt like we were always eating! It was all freshly made food and there was just so much of it. I decided not to weigh myself for a while. It’s depressing enough to have to come home without getting depressed about weight. My friend gained 3 pounds. We are not eating dinner for a week or more and are eating light lunches. Hopefully, that will help.

We did quarantine for 2 weeks before we left and didn’t know until the day before (when we got PCR test results) if we were going to go. Thankfully, we all tested negative and on the plane we went. Getting a test to come back from there was a bit cumbersome, but worth it.

Allie-Sorry about your uncle.

OMICRON note - When the mister got COVID, it started like a cold. Sore throat, stuffy nose, headache. He tested 1 day after symptoms and was negative 3 times. When he tested 4 days after symptoms started, he tested positive on both PCR and Antigen tests.

The timing of the test likely matters significantly. It was like a severe cold. We kept our distance from each other and somehow, I escaped getting it. Though, another theory is that I had it and gave it to him, but didn’t notice symptoms.

Beth-What a rough time. Hugs to you.

Lisa-Yay, no lung issues. Fingers crossed on blood work results

Rebecca-Hope you’re both feeling better.

Debbie-I think men sometimes (often times) pretend they can’t hear things in the night because they are too lazy to get up and check. Plus, they know the woman will do it, if they can wait her out.

It’s a stay inside kind of day.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,795 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the condolences for my uncle ,he was a wonderful man,we didnt get to spend as much time as we wantef together but the time we did spend was special..i am glad o sent those video's even though he couldnt see them he heard my voice and as explained the pictures and he smiled.. and that was my way of saying goodbye.
    Like I said it is my belief that his brother was right there to greet him when he passed.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Iii