WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I miss having a dog. Our sweet old dog, Schooner, passed away 6 months ago. I miss him. I hope we will be able to get a new puppy soon. Maybe as early as June. ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, wii, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, livestream church, council mtg zoom
    Bonus: chat with P, message M, 75 mins dusting, vacuuming and sweeping.
    Workin’ on it: 141.8, H20x6, active 5:14
    Friendly February 2022
    20: Make a plan to connect with others and do something fun.
    21: Really listen to what people say without judging them.

Well boo. Joe urged me to look at the details of the winter storm advisory in effect from this evening through Tuesday morning. Convinced me to postpone my semiannual skin scan, with bonus TJ’s, Natural Grocers and Winco shopping. Even though I have studded snow tires and a very warm Idaho snow jacket, the poor visibility, freezing rain, and oncoming traffic on windy 199 could be a deadly combination. Disappointed, but feel I’d ignore guidance received at my peril.

Lisa fingers X’d for favorable results from cardiologist and Xrays. I’m with you on the raw tomatoes :sick:
    Pip do you have a fever? Is there an urgent care nearby? If it’s your appendix, time is of the essence., but you know that.
    When mine went bad, the doctor was able to persuade Papa to ok the surgery by asking “would you rather we operate first thing in the morning when we’re rested, fresh and calm? Or in the middle of the night under emergency stress?
    Beth ((hugs)) frosting your pbutter cookies with chicken mixture :laugh: but yes, a sign to take some rest. ((hugs))
    Debbie Kimchee stains in Tupperware? :cry: :rage::cry:
    Rebecca bon voyage and brava for choosing not to freak out and unhealthily hyperdiet.
    Alexandra sounds like Boyfriend can really step up in an emergency. Well done.
    Thanks Tina. Passwords changed. Welcome home.
    Barbie and Machka great shopping strategies. I’m not so disciplined but do try to limit shopping to once a week and early as possible in the morning.
    Michele enjoy your pickleball lesson!

Husbands and kitchens. I’m really lucky Joe cooks for himself as we eat on totally different schedules. He’s also excellent at doing dishes. Only annoyances, like KJ’s Tim, Joe is constitutionally incapable of wringing out a sponge, and likewise unable to clean out the sink strainer. While I wish we could have a garbage disposal, mostly I can cope with these, gently smiling.

Monday will be rainy and cold. Perfect day to stay cozy and warm inside, like Katla. Will write up the board meeting minutes and set Barbie’s 15 minute tax timer.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

No fever atall
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    The cleaners are here so my dad decided to go nap on the couch in the basement in the middle of my exercise area. No elliptical yoga or marching yet! Maybe I can do it later if I can get the groceries done sooner. Mostly I'm glad not to be alone during the pandemic but there are times when living together is inconvenient.

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Options
    Barbie - I am envious of your snow. We have rain, and plenty of it at the moment. :ohwell:
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie - I am envious of your snow. We have rain, and plenty of it at the moment. :ohwell:

Hoping the rain comes down this way. We haven't had any in too long- Had to start watering my plants in the barrels already.
    The weather report shows showers here but it is sunny, beautiful and cool/cold here now.

Got my friends pets and mine all taken care of this morning- a total of at least 16 cats and one big dog.-
    I will go take care of hers again tonight then they will be home tomorrow. They left Thursday to go to Vegas where their daughter is going to school for her 21st birthday.

Have my daycare girl all day today as there is no school

Zumba tonight- looking forward to it. We are trying to find more people for the class. There are only four of us plus the teacher most nights- sometimes one other lady, other nights, even less.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Had a long call with L who lost her partner. She rang me up crying because the sunny weather was reminding her of how much the two of them loved to sit on their patio. All the flowers coming up were ones he planted.
    I just listened. She has things planned to see friends and has booked flights to Portugal to visit friends there in March.
    Strangely, after she rang off my phone flashed up again with a jingly tone and her photo. She answered, but had not phoned me! Apparently she had gone indoors and said out loud, "Heather is so nice! Much better than that A..." :o<3 Clearly, Google had heard her and phoned me! :laugh:
    We had a good laugh! A is a mutual uni friend. She is inclined to have 'spiritual ' answers that can p... you off. Like, maybe it was 'meant' that the two sisters' partners died at the same time. :*

Still feeling under par. Hope for better tomorrow.
    Bea pick up day tomorrow. I hope my ankle will hold up.

Carol - It’s never too late. <3 These last couple of years are the best years of my life.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Kirby went to the gym, I’m home, feel bad for not going with him. Still going to try the bike to see if I can.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Short walk w/family- 48.26min, 39elev, 2.71ap, 80ahr, 92mhr, 2.19mi= 221c
    **at .31nu it was starting to hurt, at 1.31mi it was hurting like it was yesterday. Lt kirby go on and i started back, i found that if i walked backwards, it hurt less, stil hurt but hurt less, couldn’t even reach 3.0 walking pace.
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 24.05min 190elev, 82aw, 16.2amph, 121ahr, 155mhr, 6.51mi= 186c
    Strava app= 113c
    Zwift stats- 24.06min, 193elev, 81aw, 58arpm, 16.23amph, 6.52mi=113c
    *slow starting on the bike, i was able to stay throughout, pain there and manageable.

Total cal 407
  • Katla49
    Options
    I enjoyed yoga this morning. 😊. The class members include women and men ages 50+. There is a nice balance of yoga exercise and friendship. ⭐️