Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Allie - a wonderful idea for your uncle! A way for you to be there. <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Did a Booya pilates DVD today since we’ll be leaving early for Daytona. The plan for tomorrow is to do a step DVD

pip – what kind of pain are you feeling? I’ve been feeling a pain in my left leg, the top of the leg. I’m trying to figure out what causes it to flare up. So far, it seems that if I’m sitting it flares up (which is a pain when you have to sit even for short times, like in a car), but what kind of exercise seems to make it hurt less? That part I have to figure out. Trial and error

LittleTea pot – welcome! Sorry about your injuries. You can and will do this and we’ll be here every stop of the way

badmmcfad – welcome

Michele now in FL
    who needs to get her food ready to go to Daytona
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I’m awake early and listening to rain on the roof. It feels cozy to be inside, warm & dry. I’m looking forward to a cup of coffee in a few minutes. 😊
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Ordered some groceries and food and treats for Alfie at Petsmart so have to pick both of those up today..
    Alfie being clingy today..might have to take him for a ride ..
  • Katla49
    Options
    Pip - Are you still experiencing pain? I hope you’ll get medical help if it still hurts this morning. <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hallo all. Coming back to life after my visitors. :o
    I had to collapse when they were done. Slept and felt cold. Sooooooo tired. Ate too much, drank too much yesterday, didn't sleep at all well. Now recovering.
    They are lovely people and spent nearly three hours driving through horrible conditions to get to us. <3 Good chat. Love them.
    I am relieved it's done and very happy to have seen them.

Spent the day doing my exercises and eating the remains of the haggis. Rang my friend G. She had just opened a box of old mementos belonging to her parents. In it was a letter of condolence I had written in 1982 when her sister killed herself. She said she cried reading it. Nice that her father had kept it. Next week it would have been her sister's 70th birthday. She has decided to visit the grave and take flowers. <3

Now chilling and watching TV.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Pip ... seek medical attention. You are very in tune with your body and this is not normal for you.

I'm here and I'm reading. Very complicated and busy at this time with my parents. Dad, bedridden in the assisted living apartment is maintaining and Mom is doing all she can at the skilled nursing rehab to get her broken femur to the point where she can get back to the apartment. My brother and I are preparing their home for sale, going on the market next weekend.

Beth near Buffalo

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, y'all,

Barbara AHMOD
    - Thank you for telling me about that national day to honor women veterans. In all honesty, I've never seen it before. Congrats on the NSV! Fitness can kind of sneak up on you... :)

Heather -
    Hope the ankle is getting better by the minute.

Welcome to those who are new, we're glad you're here!

Allie - glad news on the medical front has been better, and that you liked the possum metaphor.

All my favorite domestic sounds are swooshing, clanking, or gurgling as the case may be. Pulled all removables from the stovetop and put them in the dishwasher, then sprayed the entire stovetop with degreaser and left it sit. Last night was BLTs (well, BL for me, I wouldn't eat a tomato on a bet). No matter what you do, cooking bacon will cover everything with a film of grease.

Time to swap Corey's work clothes from the washer to the dryer and decide whether or not I want to go to Walmart. There are a few things I want, but honestly, nothing that I can't live without today. Cardiologist tomorrow morning, and x-rays once I'm done with him, then blood work. If I'm not too worn out from all that, I can stop at Wally-world on the way back. I think I shall do just that. Save gas, save the environment, save my energy.

Hope everyone has or had a peaceful Sunday.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

haha-tomatoes are my favorite veggie, as long as they are home grown. Many don't even make it into the house, eating them right off the vine, still warm by the sun. I have to plant mostly yellow/orange tomatoes because my mouth can't handle all the acid from the red ones.
    I look forward to them(and make sure they are planted in my best raised bed).
    I will hopefully be planting them in mom's greenhouse next weekend- need to double check and make sure she has the new potting soil for it.
    BLT's have always been my favorite!!
    Growing up we had the best- mom would be in the house frying up the bacon that we had raised, while dad and I would be out in the garden, picking tomatoes, lettuce and a nice big red onion. Can't getting much fresher than that

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    bd6wi4f4txjc.jpg

I love this! I took a screenshot of it.😁💖👍
    "Oh a Cats life for meeeee"!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options

Barbara AHMOD
    - Thank you for telling me about that national day to honor women veterans. In all honesty, I've never seen it before. Congrats on the NSV! Fitness can kind of sneak up on you... :)

Heather -

Allie - glad news on the medical front has been better, and that you liked the possum metaphor.

All my favorite domestic sounds are swooshing, clanking, or gurgling as the case may be. Pulled all removables from the stovetop and put them in the dishwasher, then sprayed the entire stovetop with degreaser and left it sit. Last night was BLTs (well, BL for me, I wouldn't eat a tomato on a bet). No matter what you do, cooking bacon will cover everything with a film of grease.

Time to swap Corey's work clothes from the washer to the dryer and decide whether or not I want to go to Walmart. There are a few things I want, but honestly, nothing that I can't live without today. Cardiologist tomorrow morning, and x-rays once I'm done with him, then blood work. If I'm not too worn out from all that, I can stop at Wally-world on the way back. I think I shall do just that. Save gas, save the environment, save my energy.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I agree with the grease film! Lee is famous for making up a steak (those little mini ones) with eggs (scrambled HARD) and the steak grease everywhere. And don't even get me started with the crumbs around our toaster....😂😂😂 When I am taking my vitamins, waiting for my coffee, I am flicking stuff in the sink, and thinking REALLY??😋
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I’m awake early and listening to rain on the roof. It feels cozy to be inside, warm & dry. I’m looking forward to a cup of coffee in a few minutes. 😊

Good morning friend! Cheers! (I know I slept in), its just a cloudy but bright day on my island.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Here's a little thought for the day. :)

bvpkywuqi787.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

wow- that is me for the past 30-40 yrs- actually, have always been like that. Just getting worse now. Need to work on it.
    THANK YOU
  • Whidislander
    Options

bvpkywuqi787.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Oooh I took a screenshot of this! Thanks friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    Options

Barbara AHMOD

Heather -

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I agree with the grease film! Lee is famous for making up a steak (those little mini ones) with eggs (scrambled HARD) and the steak grease everywhere. And don't even get me started with the crumbs around our toaster....😂😂😂 When I am taking my vitamins, waiting for my coffee, I am flicking stuff in the sink, and thinking REALLY??😋
    Rebecca

I don't have the stove mess from dh, because he never ever uses it- he uses the air fryer and the microwave and leaves crumbs EVERYWHERE and that is not as big of a deal as him not rinsing dishes- that is what irritates me. Seriously, how hard is it to run a bit of water into the dirty dishes- I have talked to him about so many times- put notes up above the sink, still does it daily. They sit there until he finally rinses them a few days later(because I am not going to scrub them out because he is too lazy to put water in them.) Right now, there is a bowl from his oatmeal from yesterday morning, sitting there. I washed all the other dishes but that can sit- I have scrubbed so many of his dishes. Last week it was my Tupperware bowls with his kimchee that sat in them, staining my containers. So irritating.

• dlfk202000
    Options

bvpkywuqi787.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Oooh I took a screenshot of this! Thanks friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I did that too- will be posting that one of FB.!! and need to print it for myself
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Well even though it is almost the end of February i can tell Spring is coming because,I went up to Petsmart and then tp Price Chopper and home and just that little bit of being outside has me sneezing up a storm geesh..
    I think i sneezed about 7 times in a row..
    I broke down and ordered an infant careseat for my car because if im going to have the little guy we arent going to stay home..at least some of the time anyway.