WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Debbie— Cherry tomatoes are a favorite snack. Yum! I grew a cherry tomato plant a few years ago that was huge and prolific. I encouraged our neighbors to eat as much as they wanted. It was overwhelming. Last summer I planted a couple of smaller cherry tomato plants and ended up frustrated. The plants I bought were dwarf cherry tomatoes that didn’t produce more than 2 or 3 tomatoes. Part of the problem was too much shade. This year I’ll skip it and buy the cherry tomatoes at the grocery store ready to eat.

I have been successful growing blueberries at home. We love them. Unfortunately the deer love them too. I solved that problem by covering the blueberry plants with large nets. WIN! I freeze the blueberries and we enjoy defrosting them to eat on top of the cottage cheese that we like for breakfast. YUM!
  • Katla49
    Options
    Rebecca - Amtrak is fun. I hope you’ll be able to enjoy a trip to visit your sister and cousin. ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,722 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip - Are you still experiencing pain? I hope you’ll get medical help if it still hurts this morning. <3

Never really hurts much in the morning but I was waiting for it..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,033 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie— Cherry tomatoes are a favorite snack. Yum! I grew a cherry tomato plant a few years ago that was huge and prolific. I encouraged our neighbors to eat as much as they wanted. It was overwhelming. Last summer I planted a couple of smaller cherry tomato plants and ended up frustrated. The plants I bought were dwarf cherry tomatoes that didn’t produce more than 2 or 3 tomatoes. Part of the problem was too much shade. This year I’ll skip it and buy the cherry tomatoes at the grocery store ready to eat.

I have been successful growing blueberries at home. We love them. Unfortunately the deer love them too. I solved that problem by covering the blueberry plants with large nets. WIN! I freeze the blueberries and we enjoy defrosting them to eat on top of the cottage cheese that we like for breakfast. YUM!

get something like Sweet 100, Sungold or something like that- the sungold are great but the do tend to split when you pick them. They are pretty yellow/orange and really produce. Sweet 100 are reds, good producer and don't split as much.
    I won't buy store bought tomatoes when they are in season.(rarely do even out of season)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Pip - it's so unlike you to have persistent pain or other health problem! For you to mention it seems significant.

Karen in Virginia

Your post is the first time I’ve used the “insightful” button.

In the morning it doesn’t hurt, when I start walking the pain is there but nothing to complain about, yesterday I kept track and it was about mike 3 of walking was when it was bad., I couldn’t get past a 3.0 pace walk which is not fast for me. At a stop light it would slow down. It’s not my stomach that hurts it’s the side of my stomach and mostly on the right side only. In the front part, not the back.

Have you had your appendix out?
  • Katla49
    Options
    I’ve had Sweet 100 tomatoes and they’re wonderful. The plant was HUGE. I gave away many tomatoes. I don’t plan to grow any tomatoes this year, but I could change my mind.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes, especially cooked tomatoes, taste metallic to me.

But fresh raw ones aren't too bad with lots of salt.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Feeling yucky
    Took some cold meds and am going to bed early.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    :)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, dog group, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO
    Bonus: 52 mins grooming Tumble,
    Workin’ on it: 140.7, :laugh: H20x6, active 5:14
    Friendly February 2022
    12: Focus on being kind rather than being right. Ah, yes.
    13: Smile at the people you see and brighten their day.
    14: Tell a loved one or friend why they are special to you.

This morning, inbox messages from shortly after midnight back to Jan 1 year all moved to trash. Suspicious timing with the creepy FB cover pic change. Now I’m afraid to back up my system or work on taxes. Pfaugh. Copied most recent files to the older external hard drive then took the laptop to the pc guy for “tuneup” and cleansing. He’ll work on the microphone/Zoom problem at the same time. Then this morning got an email alert that my social security number was found on the Dark Web. Went to Experian and entered a free one month fraud alert. Using Joe’s laptop for now, wireless turned off and connected via ethernet. Double Pfaugh.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

This sounds like someone has your email password. I’d change that immediately.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Options
    (((Pip)))— Thinking of you and sending good wishes. ❤️
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    pip - right side? Appendix... ?? Gall Bladder is on the right also... I am not a run to the doctor gal, but that is one that might just be worth a call to an advice nurse at least....

Kim in N. California
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)I love tomatoes. I buy a package of plum tomatoes from QFC every week and keep them on the counter and snack on them like I used to snack on M&Ms A perfect way to get more nutrition and deal with the munchies.

:) Probably the smartest thing I did when the pandemic started was to create a plan for organized, regular, and intentional shopping. At first we went to the grocery store once every four weeks with a carefully curated list. Later we switched to weekly trips for curbside grocery pickup. We go to Costco every few months at their early senior hours and quickly get what's on the list and get out quickly. We buy a few things that aren't available in either of those stores online to be delivered to the house. There is no such thing as "running to the store for something we forgot". If we forgot it, it has to wait til the next scheduled order. We buy pet food and supplies from Chewy online to be delivered to the house.

:) I finished watching the figure skating at the Olympics--all while riding my exercise bike so I was active while watching TV. In my next life I'd like a different body and figure skating lessons starting at age 3.

<3 Barbie in NW WA