April 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,962 Member
    Options
    Nice run @Scott6255 . I love fartleks. I hope you don't sneeze, or cough!

Glad you had a good run after having to make yourself get out and get started @kgirlhart . It often happens that way.

Great running @martaindale ! Enjoy your recovery run.

That is too early for me too @RunsOnEspresso . You did great.

@Mari33a Nice that you are doing what you can when the week is crazy! Some days need to be longer than 24 hours.

Glad to see you back @7lenny7 ! Smart to DNS this weekend's ultra. Better to take care of yourself. I hope your feet get completely back to normal soon. Kody is adorable. Glad he is still doing okay and wanting to hunt. That sandlot marathon looks "interesting." I think the cold and snow would do me in. Looks like there aren't many people who participate. I guess it would be harder if there were a lot. And, yes, @AlphaHowls would fit right in.

I'm with you @shanaber on 10am being an early run! :lol: Yeah for meeting your goal already. I hope you get good news from your ortho next week. Slowing down may be the key for you right now. You are doing great to get out there when your arm hurts so much.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I used to run after work in winter and 8ish pm in the summer when I was single. 🀣

10 am is great, in winter. I would die in summer. I tried a few times to go later lastt summer once I acclimated and it was too hot to do more than 2 miles.

Work and commute also means I gotta get it in early. I don't like it. I'd rather sleep but πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ I feel like when I run before coffee my pace suffers.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    4/1 – 5.41 miles
    4/4 – 4.21 miles
    4/5 – 5.37 miles
    4/6 – 4.56 miles
    4/8 – 3.17 miles
    4/9 – 6.32 miles
    4/11 – 5.02 miles
    4/13 – 5.76 miles
    4/19 – 5.07 miles
    4/21 – 5.23 miles
    Total 50.10/90 miles

I had the hardest time getting out of bed this morning. Mornings like these make me glad I have the accountability of meeting friends to run with plus the goals and support from you all!

Welcome back @7lenny7! It’s so good to hear about Kody. He is so handsome! You can tell he is happy out in the fields. Sorry about the foot issues. That was very generous of you to volunteer your weekend at the Zumbro Endurance Run. Sounds like fun. I remember reading about the Sandlot Marathon when you were considering it before. I had completely forgotten about it!

Good to see you too @noblsheep – We’ve missed you!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    10 am is great, in winter. I would die in summer. I tried a few times to go later lastt summer once I acclimated and it was too hot to do more than 2 miles.

Work and commute also means I gotta get it in early. I don't like it. I'd rather sleep but πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ I feel like when I run before coffee my pace suffers.

I feel you! If I had my druthers, I would prefer to run around 9-10 am, after breakfast. But, work and weather keeps me early. Once the sun comes up, it is just painful. I also get up 45 mins or so before I run so I can get a touch of caffeine. Otherwise, I will get a headache on my run as my body realizes it never got its morning caffeine bump. I have shifted to verb bars, which are small 90 cal bars with an espresso worth of caffeine in them. Then I can also have some water. Seems to take me less time to get out the door and my stomach likes a touch of food before I run.
  • martaindale
    Options
    April totals: 68.5/100 miles

4/1: 3.2 miles
    4/2: 6.5 miles
    4/3: 3.2 miles
    4/5: 4.1 miles
    4/6: 4.3 miles
    4/8: 3.1 miles
    4/9: 7 miles
    4/10: 3.1 miles
    4/12: 5.1 miles
    4/13: 4.7 miles
    4/15: 5 miles
    4/17: 8 miles
    4/18: 3 miles
    4/19: 3.1 miles
    4/20: 5.1 miles
    4/21: 3.1 miles

Recovery run this morning. Kept it really easy though I'm not sure I could have mustered anything faster even if I tried. My legs were so tired! This was my 5th day in a row running and I felt it. Rest day tomorrow and I have a massage scheduled. And it was officially summer weather at 73F with 98% humidity. Boooo! I have a 5k time trial on my plan for this Saturday. I will try, but I don't have high hopes for a good time with the weather like this.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @martaindale At least if you have a slow 5K trial and the weather is better the next time, at least you know you will show some improvement!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

I feel you! If I had my druthers, I would prefer to run around 9-10 am, after breakfast. But, work and weather keeps me early. Once the sun comes up, it is just painful. I also get up 45 mins or so before I run so I can get a touch of caffeine. Otherwise, I will get a headache on my run as my body realizes it never got its morning caffeine bump. I have shifted to verb bars, which are small 90 cal bars with an espresso worth of caffeine in them. Then I can also have some water. Seems to take me less time to get out the door and my stomach likes a touch of food before I run.

I usually have just enough time to eat a honey stinger waffle, take a few sips, change and head out the door. I always try to opt for more sleep πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @kgirlhart I'm with you on not being able to get up and out the door. I, too, have to take time to wake up, have a cup of coffee, go "potty," and then get dressed and out the door. I might be more tempted to get up early if there was a good place to run at that time of day, but I don't think I would want to run on the treadmill and outside on my road just doesn't feel like an option. If I can get out the door by 7 or so during the summer, I'm okay. That I can do. Good luck with your 10K tomorrow. Racing in those winds won't be fun, but hope you can enjoy the experience.
  • martaindale
    edited April 2022
    Options
    REST DAY!! I need this so bad! I have a massage booked after work and then happy hour with a couple of friends. I was supposed to go climbing last night but my stomach was grumbling and I really didn't want to have issues 30ft in the air! So, I stayed home and that was nice too.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @Scott6255 I looked up what the intercostal muscle is and I don't think the yoga posses that helped my back (lower back) would help for that. 100% humidity sounds awful. I'm not looking forward to that part of summer.

@quilteryoyo at the Sandlot Marathon there were only 15 in the full marathon and 18 in the half. There were four full field available and three were being used so the course congestion wasn't bad at all.

@kgirlhart have a great race Saturday!

@martaindale you really know how to have a good rest day!