Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    My eye allergies are making it very hard to read or type. Going to ENT in a bit. Maybe he can help.

Laters ladies!
    RvRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Speaking of glass blowing. I used to work in a glass bottle factory in my younger years. Did that for 22 years! So interesting to see how they are made. It always fascinated me even though I was there so long! The guys who worked where the glass was 2000 degrees and melted used to occasionally play with the liquid glass and make ashtrays and glass bubbles. So cool and cooling time and temp were very critical to prevent making the bottles too brittle.

RvRita
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Lisa--Your rolls look wonderful.

Michele--My son has their TV mounted on the wall and the cable box connects to the bottom of the TV.

Betsy--You are doing so well. Pray all goes well on your outing on your own today.

Lisa--Good luck on your trip today. Pray you find all the places you need to and the "kit" can stay ready for another time.

Allie--You have this with Miles, as for the boy, I agree let him get up on his own and if not then he can face the outcome. That's why they call it tough love. Been there with our boys.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE where we could use some rain, any rain, just some rain. Wind blowing 50 miles an hour all day. <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well all went well,Tracy only was there for orientation for a couple of hours.. tried the bottle and didnt really work and he cried himself to sleep poor guy.. but he slept for an hour and a 1/2 even after mom got home... so now she is just waiting to see what hours she will be working..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Happy Tuesday! Well, I woke up this morning with major sinus pain. Figures. Oh well, if we don't take the time to rest and recover; our bodies will MAKE us rest and recover. I should know this, by now. I am taking DayQuil today, but I am thinking I will have to "upgrade" to Mucinex. I was hoping to avoid the hard stuff (Mucinex) and get by with a little less med. But my sinuses just respond better to it, I guess. I can't remember who was talking about Mucinex and neti pot (Ginny maybe?). I use either a medicated nasal spray or saline spray along with Mucinex. It just kicks the infection quicker.
    I did some cooking yesterday. I made two batches of brown/wild rice blend, added garlic, green onion, ginger, soy sauce, carrots, and egg to make fried rice. Then I made a double batch of chicken soup. No noodles or chicken. Just chicken broth with carrots, garlic, and green onion. It is almost as if my body said, "Oh, chicken soup! We can get sick now!"
    Lisa - I would like to take this moment to say, "Nice buns!" B) I wonder if the ones on the left rose so high because they were in a pan that made them heat more evenly? I am not much of a bread eater; but I do like making different breads. And I love the smell of bread baking. They really look soft and lovely.
    Machka - hmmm...a body part (of mine) that I like... I like the small of my back, my shoulder/collar bone area, and well, my butt profile. lol Those areas seem to have held up nicely, as I have aged; I am sure it is due to the bending, squatting, and lifting that I do daily. My ankles have not held up well, due to weight gain and injury. Do your ankles ever come back, after weight loss?
    Allie and anyone interested in babies- There is a documentary series on Netflix called Babies. I know I have mentioned it before; but it has two seasons and is absolutely astonishing the amount of information that has been learned in the past 20 years about children under 2 years of age! For instance; breastfeeding. Did you know, that until 20 years ago doctors and scientists had NEVER done a study on breastmilk!? Babies first food, a food/process (breastfeeding) that has been around for millenia and people knew nothing about it! So much info on this in the "food" episode of season 1. But they cover movement, sleep, memory/neuro connections, language skills, etc. SO much good stuff. Really worth a look. Every time I watch it, I pick up something new; or something I can relate to a child in my life. Good stuff.

Well, that is all that is in my brain. I think I need a nap. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Picked up Bea. Lucky again with the weather.
    While I was sitting on the bench waiting for Bea to climb the trees, I ended up in a long conversation with a woman whose kid was playing football. :D Good chat.
    Back at the house now. The two big ones have gone off to swimming, complete with flippers. We have Bea until her mum has finished with her clients, Zooming in the shed. She is going up to London to take a clinic tomorrow and must take a LFT. None to be found in the pharmacies. :o So I found one in my house and have brought it over.

Good news. DH got an email this morning, inviting him for his second booster. He has booked it for tomorrow afternoon. Hooray! Now I feel less guilty about going up to London at the end of the month.

Our early Sunday morning breakfast babysit has turned into an overnight. DH is at cricket until lateish, so my son is bringing them over with fish and chips, and they can watch their favourite programme. Then I have a pancake gluten free breakfast planned. 😋
    My son and DDIL are taking part in the bike ride before the marathon. On the actual route. Then they will pick them up after 9 am.

I'm so happy about John's jab!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    The John Deere combine was a toy given to my boys when they were small, by my eldest sister, who worked at a John Deere dealership.👍😁
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Sitting in the line to pick up Carmine with Alfie in tow.. he loves the car rides.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    GINNY, I know that for me some foods definitely give me sniffles etc.
    I can eat dairy in small doses, BUT in pollen season, I really tend to avoid it. I at nothing till 4pm yesterday (poor planning) when I had a small banana and a full fat fruit yogurt. I started sniffling as I was eating the yogurt. I have experienced this many times, even with a dollop of milk in my coffee! I can manage with some cheese in the non-pollen season though! Gluten which I avoid now also gave me throat and nose stuff. And occasionally, but rarely, drinking a glass of wine also provokes similar reaction.
    You don't think it might be related to some new allergy, sensitivity or intolerance?
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    MACHKA I agree it's good to like one's body. I'm fine with mine overall.
    Now losing is more about health. When I was younger it was more about appearance and also balanced well-being I thing.

So I have been very tired of late. I have gained about 17 pounds in 5 years. That's about + 15% that I'm carrying around every day. I think that is what is tiring me. it's more tiring to walk around. I'm not really much more muscular... So presumably if I lose at least some of this I will be less tired. Generalists have tended to say I was not overweight since I was just at the top of average BMI, and it could be worse. no point having a complex for no reason. Now I'm at 25.5 BMI. Not easy though, as some of us have seen.

Height
    I lost an inch more or less over the years. As a young teen I was 5 2 then went up to about 5 3 and am now back down to 5 2.
    "on average, women lose two inches of height between ages 30 and 70. By age 80, that number is three inches"

Two inches ! by 70! that's a lot!

I'm not crazy about that! I liked the extra inch. it brought me closer to average!
    But it's hardly the worst thing in the world. In France and also in the USA average female height is 5'4" so I was quite close to average here and I guess in the USA too, all told.

It must be good for women who feel they are too tall. I don't think it's SO common but I had an acquaintance that was about 6 feet back in the day and was uncomfortable with that at the time.

So losing an inch means my BMI goes up at same weight. But also I gained weight.

Hi everyone!

Food today
    protein cereal, Cereal-soy yogurt soy milk frozen berries
    3 dried figs
    coffee machine soup (light)

crackers with 50g smoked salmon
    about 1 tsp butter
    miso
    frozen spinach
    1 tofu thing (maybe called a tofu burger? rather light)
    2 small/medium size apples

Soy yogurt cereal berries seeds about 2 tsp maple syrup
    Kombucha

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    Well son sent me this. So she's feeling better. I was proud of son and daughter inlaw, weathering their first illness hiccup, its always kind of scary.
    v2cmubvrem6g.jpeg

Regarding my middle sister she has a neuropathy issue regarding the sheaths that cover her nerves. She said with assistance, she was able to walk up the stairs to her doctors appointment. She hadn't been out of her basement in over 3 months. Being that there is only a 1/2 bath down there, it pains me to know she has no access to bathing facilities. Personally I think my niece and husband are keeping information on the low down, because if agencies are called, they will see that her care is not adequate. Then my sister will go to a facility where she can be cared for, the house repo'ed by the bank, and my niece, husband and 3 kids would be out on the street. My sister is being used, but I know she is stubborn and would not leave her house to go to a facility. Its a toxic situation all round.😢

Well my pickle juice fest put me in a bad way, go figure. But it tasted so good! So today keeping eating simple. I made some chicken broth, will have that and some chicken and rice in it.
    Hugs to each and every one of yas!
    Pip what's with the numbers?? You ok girlie??
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Don’t mean anything, just marking my spot
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well im beat.. think a little snooze is in order.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather - I admire your change in attitude towards others with troubles. You have inspired me to pay attention to my own attitude. Am I kind? Am I fair? Thank you!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa— I hope your appointment at the VA is positive and is fair. I hope it goes well for you. ⭐️❤️⭐️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Lisa -I am not at all chilled when it comes to f..k ups. No, not at all. They are paid to do a job. They should do it. I'm a stickler for professionalism.
    Your VA system does seem appalling. I am actually lost for words.
    Can you go higher up? Sometimes that works. We have had success with that.
    Otherwise it's just the squeaky wheel approach. Boring and time consuming.
    My condolences.

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx