<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    I missed the “coworkers being half your age” topic. I used to work with a lot of people that were close enough to my girls ages that I felt old. In my job now, I’m looking at life differently. We have two residents that are 103, they both are so bright and so much fun to talk with. When someone dies at 90 now, I’ve found myself saying “they were young”. Life is all a matter of perspective.

Tracey in Edmonton

I missed it as well.

Where I worked previously, my work colleagues ranged from about 10 years younger to about 10 years older. That was all right - a good mix.

Where I am now, most are between about mid-20 and mid-30. I have always thought I was young at heart, but I don't really relate to this group. It's hard to describe - we're just in very different places and they've got an energy level I don't have.

I am looking forward to my next position ... back to the somewhat older age range. :)

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Annie- they have locked med boxes that can be programed to only opened at the time they are supposed to be taken.. maybe something like that for mom..
    Ohhh glass blowing.. up in New Hampshire when we used to go down to Hampton Beach there was a glass blower there for years and years and it was fascinating..
    Well im up and dressed and having a cup of tea before i go over to my daughters.. yikes..im going to channel my inner Kelly...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Our daughter flew home to Illinois a week ago and will be coming back along with her daughter. Granddaughter will show DH a different way to take care of his diabetes. I am looking forward to this. I think it will be a very good thing. Granddaughter will be teaching grandpa something new in his own diabetic care. ❤️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Lisa-I shudder at the idea of a whole bottle of Pepto Bismol. That just has a whole other set of issues.

Ginny - Yeah, I know. Both my closest siblings act like their brains have been stirred by a stick sometimes. For instance, my brother (the middle one in that picture) believes that since his sixth wife is a nurse, he's a medical expert. At the moment, they live in separate houses in separate towns because they're trying to fix their marriage. Wonder who his seventh wife is going to be? B) The man is a serial marrier. Remember that picture of my three brothers? Between them, they have thirteen ex-wives. My sister also divorced her fourth husband a year ago. Honestly, with seventeen marriages (and fourteen divorces) among four people, you have to start believing it's not the fault of their respective spouses.

Seriously, I do love my siblings dearly, but I love them even more from a distance.

Hope you get your sinus issues sorted! I really hate that feeling. Then again, I've never found anyone who liked it. Mucinex D, with an added decongestant, works wonders with me. I do use saline spray at night in the winter to combat the dry air.

Kim - I was very skeptical that the hamburger bun pan would work right, so I tried every possible shaping technique. Two I rolled out in a tube, then put them into the pan in a circular roll. Two I just squished with my hands, and two I rolled out flattish and put them in the pan. They all came out the same. I want to use the same pan to make a set of cinnamon rolls, see how that goes.

Heather
    - Isn't it wonderful how we continue to change as we get older? I believe I'm a much better person than I was a decade ago. I know my priorities are also incredibly different now. I like that part.

Ah, the dryer just buzzed, a load of towels from yesterday. Will snag those out and then hop in the shower. Not sure I'm ready to drive for an hour, but we'll see. Will leave here about 8:30. Not due until 11 a.m., but after an hour's drive, I have to find the VA hospital, then find the parking garage, then find the nearest bathroom, hopefully without a catastrophic accident. I have a colitis kit in my shoulder bag. If all goes well, I don't mind getting there quite early, and will take my Kindle with. Or my crochet. Or both!

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well first hurdle taken care off,poor Tracy left on tears.....Miles was fed,changed and dressed but tired.. so he pitched a fit ,but got him to sleep.
    Now for the other one.. thats a whole different story.. he is supposed to get himself up and dressed and get out the door for 7 :30 ,not stirring yet and im holding a sleeping baby.. im not going to say a word... and let him take the consequences.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa,

Sending my love and support with you as you navigate to your VA appointment this morning. The first time I took my brother to an ortho app't at our university hospital, it was such a logistical challenge. I could have used a pocket angel to guide me.

Karen in VIrginia
  • Machka9
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I missed the “coworkers being half your age” topic. I used to work with a lot of people that were close enough to my girls ages that I felt old. In my job now, I’m looking at life differently. We have two residents that are 103, they both are so bright and so much fun to talk with. When someone dies at 90 now, I’ve found myself saying “they were young”. Life is all a matter of perspective.

Tracey in Edmonton

I missed it as well.

Where I worked previously, my work colleagues ranged from about 10 years younger to about 10 years older. That was all right - a good mix.

Where I am now, most are between about mid-20 and mid-30. I have always thought I was young at heart, but I don't really relate to this group. It's hard to describe - we're just in very different places and they've got an energy level I don't have.

I am looking forward to my next position ... back to the somewhat older age range. :)

Machka in Oz

Found it ...
    eweadock wrote: »
    Because of the pandemic, I have not worked in person with any of my colleagues since joining the company last year. It is a remote position, and I have been quite comfortable working via video meetings (and wearing yoga pants daily). Next week we have an all-company meeting in Houston, in-person. I have a very short presentation to give in front of about 300 people, and find myself embarrassed and ashamed at the way I look. Never mind that in my early 60's, I'm likely one of the oldest employees, many are about half my age.

Understanding that I will only act and speak comfortably if I actually AM comfortable, I found some pants that FEEL like, but don't LOOK like yoga pants. Got some new sketchers that don't look like tennis shoes, either. I think the rest of my outfit is settled, as well.

Ellie, Albuquerque, NM

All the best on the presentation! And you're right ... if you are comfortable, you'll be able to speak much more comfortably.

I have a few dresses I really like and feel comfortable in. 3 in particular have been my go-to dresses when I'm assisting with training in my new job and 1 of them has turned up in a number of interviews. :smiley:

In fact, in January, I got 2 jobs. One is a 6 month position until July and when it is complete, I go to a permanent position. I wore the 1 particular dress for both of those interviews. I just feel really comfortable in it.

And speaking of age ... knowing that I was going to turn 55 this year was a good part of the reason why I decided to make a move out of my comfort zone and into these two jobs. I knew that if I didn't do it now, with every passing year my opportunity to make a jump like this would diminish.

Fortunately, this first job has given me the opportunity to work from home every 3 weeks. Like you, I love working in comfy clothes. :)

Machka in Oz

PS. Interestingly, all three come from the same place: https://www.jacquie.com.au/shop/en/jacquie and I've got several more from there which I'll likely start wearing in winter. For the first time in my life, I've found "my" store!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Allie: Good luck with your first day looking after Miles.
    Lisa: May you navigate you day with aplomb!
    Katla: It’s good that your family are stepping up to make life easier for you both

Having a restful day today.

☘️ Terri
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Machka9
    Options
    MACHKA I think younger I stayed more hour-glassy-ish (not extremely but more) It's DEFINITELY post menaupause that all goes to the middle. no doubt about it.

I'm not sure that it's worse for me appearances wise. I didn't like the thick thighs and calves, but I know health-wise (heart-wise) middle weight is not to develop! I am way less concerned about all that at this point than in my early days. Thank goodness!

It looks like you enjoy being hourglass- y (which is popular w the guys too right or at least some of them!) and you are right too!

I like the way I look ... most of the time. No point hating the way you look!

Features I like:
    I've got teensy tiny ankles - they're about the size of my husband's wrist. Even when the left one swells up, it's not huge.
    I've got slim muscular calves from all the exercise - especially the stair climbing.
    I've got heavier muscular thighs from all the exercise - especially the cycling

I have those things even when I'm really slim. Makes finding pants that fit me difficult which is why I often wear skirts or dresses. So much easier.

The top half changes quite a bit depending on my weight - comes and goes. I'd like to be more muscular but I'd actually have to work at that.

Machka9 wrote: »
    hi all,

spent about 35-40 slow on stationary bike this morning

Wishing good day to all.

Why slow?

M in Oz

I was trying to keep heart rate above 115 but I find it so effortful so now I try to keep it above 100 and often over 115.

Cause out of boredom I watch clips or a series or movie and then I'm thinking about the movie and not the exercise!

Better than nothing !

I hit 125 when I'm walking! But perhaps that's my heart.

Yep, better than nothing.

M in Oz

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Good luck Betsy! Baby steps. YOU GOT THIS!