Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Ah, Heather, my dear, I could use a little of your aplomb myself right now. I am proudest of the fact that I held it all together until I got back here to home... only to find out that the prescription for Humira that is supposed to solve all my problems was supposedly sent last Wednesday to the pharmacy at the facility an hour away that I drove to today.

No one told me this, so I didn't stop at the pharmacy, even though I walked by it during my rat maze journey to and from my appointment. I walked by it because they have shut down the main entry to the hospital and the primary care entry to the hospital, and there is no sign ANYWHERE on that *kitten* campus that says that, so you just keep traipsing around until you finally find a door that will open. Which is the emergency entrance. There was a sign there saying: No emergencies accepted, please go to: and an address.

I find myself continually amazed by bureaucratic decisions that make no sense whatsoever. Not sure why, I've dealt with them throughout my entire adult life. Still find the incredible stupidity just staggering. Had three people tell me, "Nope, I'm lost too."

So... I called the pharmacy from home, once I figured all this out... and come to find out they never got a prescription through for me at all anyway, so it would have done me no good to stop. So I've spent the last hour on hold for the doctor's office that supposedly sent the prescription that the VA never got. Finally got through to someone, and I have ZERO faith that she will actually get that prescription to the person who can fill it, so I also sent an email through their message system in hopes that at least one of them will get through.

Sorted a few other bits out with the doc while I was there in Fayetteville, so yay me. Now I'm going to go sit down and watch something soothing on the telly and cry in my iced tea and try to get rid of this headache from not saying what I want to say pretty much all dang day. It does no good to yell at underlings, they aren't the problem. It does no good to yell at underlings, they aren't the problem. It does no good to yell at underlings, they aren't the problem. It does no good to yell at underlings, they aren't the problem. It does no good to yell at underlings, they aren't the problem.

As Snoopy would say,
    om4d3mgfuxlf.png

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I'm exhausted just reading this. As many headaches as I get dealing with my healthcare "system," stories like this make me thankful I am not having to deal with the VA. Though, one has to ask if having the no-cost healthcare is worth it (notice I'm not saying free, because time is money, even if one is retired)?

Tina in CA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa,

I am glad that experience is behind you.

Good Grief, indeed.

Confession: I cried out of frustration and relief when I arrived home after navigating my brother through that first orthopedic visit at the university hospital in January. It helped to cry. I understand why some people do dry runs. I wonder how less capable people fare. (((Hugs for you)))

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    LISA ~ This is a probably stupid thing to ask, but, is there any way you could have them send the drugs to your local Walmart. That is where we get all of our. Every time we have a dr visit they ask us if this is where to send the drugs because this is where we have them on file. Of course, I have no idea how the VA works.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Even after 2 short naps still tired .. have my Cpap on and going to sleep.. will check in ,in the A.M.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I am so sorry for you and every other Vet out there. This crazy messed up system is not an appropriate way to treat people who worked for all the rest of us that did not join the military. I feel bad for you, but also pissed that this crappy system is paid for by my taxes.

Kim in N. California
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Lisa - I am so sorry for you and every other Vet out there. This crazy messed up system is not an appropriate way to treat people who worked for all the rest of us that did not join the military. I feel bad for you, but also pissed that this crappy system is paid for by my taxes.

Kim in N. California

Agreed. It should not be so complicated for vets to get care, no matter if they live in a city or the middle of the most rural area of the country.

Tina in CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Did my dumbbells! Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Hey ladies!
    Well son sent me this. So she's feeling better. I was proud of son and daughter inlaw, weathering their first illness hiccup, its always kind of scary.
    v2cmubvrem6g.jpeg

Regarding my middle sister she has a neuropathy issue regarding the sheaths that cover her nerves. She said with assistance, she was able to walk up the stairs to her doctors appointment. She hadn't been out of her basement in over 3 months. Being that there is only a 1/2 bath down there, it pains me to know she has no access to bathing facilities. Personally I think my niece and husband are keeping information on the low down, because if agencies are called, they will see that her care is not adequate. Then my sister will go to a facility where she can be cared for, the house repo'ed by the bank, and my niece, husband and 3 kids would be out on the street. My sister is being used, but I know she is stubborn and would not leave her house to go to a facility. Its a toxic situation all round.😢

Well my pickle juice fest put me in a bad way, go figure. But it tasted so good! So today keeping eating simple. I made some chicken broth, will have that and some chicken and rice in it.
    Hugs to each and every one of yas!
    Pip what's with the numbers?? You ok girlie??
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Don’t mean anything, just marking my spot

Gotcha, mark away friend.💖👍
    Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    The John Deere combine was a toy given to my boys when they were small, by my eldest sister, who worked at a John Deere dealership.👍😁

My girls had John Deere sets because my Dad did maintenance and helped build a John Deere shop. Sweet memories

Travey
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, legs up the wall, CI<CO,
    Bonus: Walk with Joe and the pack at HBC, 28 mins grooming, one load laundry, post office,
    Just one thing: back to bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 143.6, H20x5, active 4:29
    5: Turn a regular activity into a playful game today.
    6: Do a body scan meditation and notice how your body actually feels.

Prayers, please, for our nephew Troy, in hospital with a brain aneurism awaiting surgery.

Joe invited me to join him and the pack on a walk at the Harris Beach campground Monday morning. Misty, windy but good to get out. Kept to pavement so knee held up. Tumble is grumbling less at Gino and even joining in when he and Shadow chase around the yard. Gino still slips occasionally, when food is around, and has to be reminded that he is bottom dog. He went after Joe while Joe was transferring kibble from bag to storage bin. That was a NO. Joe hollered and put Gino outside to cool off and think about it. This is huge for Joe, usually he lets things go until they’re too far gone.

Lisa an entire bottle of pepto? :sick: WAY out there. Safe travels!
    Carla, we think Gino is “resource guarding”, could Harley be guarding his resource, you?
    Vicki ((hugs)) :cry: ((hugs))
    Julie we now have 3 dogs. Tumble is a 7 year old female Skye terrier, white with black points, we’ve had since she was 4 months old. Shadow is a 2.5 yr old black, female German Shepherd/Flatcoat/Border Collie/?? cross we’ve had since she was 8 weeks old. Gino is a 2.5 yr old black, male, standard Schnauzer/? cross we’ve had for 5 days. They’re all puppies to me ;)
    Michele
    Tracey thankful for your cousin’s good news.
    Heather “opportunity for spiritual growth” now that’s a positive spin worthy of KJ!
    Betsy keep us in your pocket as you go through these sad tasks.

Only thru pg 11 but my get up and move timer just went off so…

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Yup, Lisa, give 'em HELL!!! :p

Social media feeds can go viral, if you take the right approach. Start a petition. Join with others for change. Get on the radio, TV. Shake that tree!
    Love you. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO.
    Bonus: DDS, Freddie’s, post office, Azalea Park walk. Just one thing: back to bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 144.0, H20x5, active 3:07
    Active April
    6: Do a body scan meditation and notice how your body actually feels.

Lisa, what Kim said, in spades. And Tina. Hope Karen’s rX eases the headache. Too late for this but in future, would a hardcopy rX be possible? Then you could walk it to the pharmacy and stand there while they fill it? Walking my Xray orders to the imaging facility saved days of frustration.
    Michele that alligator is entirely too realistic! :astonished:
    Heather you may have started something with Lisa. All to the good.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.