• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    <3

Lisa - the tornado chaser Reed Timmer was just "running after" a tornado east of Ft. Smith. You getting any wind there?
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Wow Lisa! Stay safe!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Thanks so much for letting me have this outlet, and validating some of my concerns… To everyone with challenges and needs for a hug, I am thinking of you right now…but just sucked so dry I have not had time to comment on every one’s needs

But did just read --- Lisa so glad DH is home safe!

Another chapter….
    Well a DNR is signed and all sections are explained to my brother, his son, and his girlfriend. Brother has an appointment with a doctor on Wednesday morning with Tim in attendance, as he now has medical authority to act for my brother.
    All of the decisions around funeral/cremation/ burial/ash spreading have been made. And with one minor change all the decisions were the ones that Kyle (my nephew) and Mom had already discussed and agreed on.
    All the other bits and pieces are started including a will….. it is exhausting but so good.

Smiles Kim in N. California

Kim, so happy for you and your family. Tim showing up at this time to help out is wonderful. What a relief! ((((hugs)))) :)

Lanette
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Kim- as my grandpa used to say praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.. Im glad thats off your plate and you can breath a sigh of relief.
    Lisa- Holy Smokes glad Corey was able to get home safely.. do you guys have a tornado shelter ?
    Ive only heard a tornado siren a couple of times and it scared the bejesus out of me,we were in Indiana at a Bob Evans restaurant when one went off,but luckily that one was pretty far south of where we were, and then we had our 2 granddaughters out in Menomonie, Wi and all of a sudden the rain starts going sideways and hailing and we drove under a bank drive through and I dont know if that was one or not but wowza .it was bad enough
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Lisa – glad Cory is safe. How scary!

Worked on Smurfette in ceramics. Just have one more coat to do on her, the dots on her dress, clear glaze it and then have it fired. Next is Smurf. He’s going to be a challenge since he’s holding a banjo and it should be interesting making those strings. Wish there was a fairly easy way. Also took my sandollar placque and picked out the colors. I really should do Smurf next. I’m not really looking forward to those strings.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Kim - HUGS for you during this time. It's one thing when someone you love dies, but quite another when someone you have very ambivalent feelings about dies. Grief is so weird and unexpected. It is never simple. Be very, very good to yourself. Trust yourself.
    I've had some weird griefs over the years. Some I felt very ashamed about at the time. Now I know that human emotions are darn complicated. We are complicated.
    There is often relief in grief. Often lots of anger. Whatever it is, it is a huge change to our lives. Love you as you navigate this sea with its peaks and troughs. I'm glad our broad shoulders and deep experience on this thread are here to support you.
    <3<3<3

Betsy - Thinking of you. <3<3<3 Sending (((HUGS)))

DH is having a 'playdate' with Max today. The weather looks a bit iffy, so I don’t know what they will be doing. Play it by ear. The two girls are going to Art Class at the top of our road. Both are very talented in that direction, but Bea is exceptional for her age. It is a part of her. <3

Love to all. Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

[/spoiler]
    So I realized that there is so much in my head that I have not shared. While Tim is taking the lead especially when it comes to conversation with my brother. I am handling all the financial issues and all the communication with my mom, a half nephew, and a few other items… So I am still heavily involved. And still pretty stressed out. I am also working really long hours so when I do need to take time off it is not going to impact my business as much. [/spoiler]

Smiles Kim in N. California

Whenever you can remember to take time for yourself. A nap. A run to burn off frustration. Colouring. Something that is just for you.

Also (and you don't have to answer this) ... are you able to hand off the financial and communication stuff to someone else?

I love my family (parents, brother, and all) but I doubt they would want me involved in all that. They lead their own lives.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    Options
    Kim: (((Hugs))) Mixed emotions are understandable, under the circumstances, and grief takes many forms. Just hang in there. This, too, shall pass, eventually.

Lisa: WOW!!! Just WOW!!!

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »

Machka--I did not know honey came in different flavours. I thought honey was just honey.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND ,NE Where it does not know what season we are in. 50's today, 86 tomorrow and then back in the 50's. We could use rain really bad. <3

Honey flavours depend on what flowers the bees have around them.

In the case of my daughter-in-law, they live near the top of a small mountain covered in blue gums ... not surprisingly, her honey tastes like blue gum flowers. It's a very flowery honey.

Manuka honey comes from manuka trees which are a type of tea tree. If you've smelled tea tree oil, you'll know it is quite a strong almost antiseptic smell (or at least, it smells that way to me). The honey is strong and delicious, less sweet than some of the others and not flowery, with a long pleasant after taste and just the tiniest hint of that tea tree smell.

Leatherwood honey is quite different from other honeys I've tried. Not overly sweet. A bit woodsy. Apparently it is less acidic which might explain why I want to call it "mild". The taste is quite prominent so it's not mild in that sense, but I find it less zingy than other honeys. It comes from leatherwood trees.

If we're able to harvest honey next year, it will likely be rather flowery.

A common flavour in North America is clover.

But you've got to be careful with supermarket honey because some manufacturers do things to honey to cheapen it such as adding stuff like corn syrup.

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    Options
    Machka: I always look for one that says pure honey. We have a friend with beehives, but she doesn’t have much spare honey. 😂