WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Barbie- just watched the holiday dinner video.. that was a riot lol
    Kim - so glad you have someone taking over your brothers arrangements.. will you still be taking care of your mothers finances? I wouldnt want someone i dont really know doing that..
    1 more day ,before I can go back to see Miles.. and you bet I will be wearing a mask for awhile..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    Options
    Helen - Congrats on your upcoming nuptials... I know nothing about islands but I'm sure someone will have good advice.

Machka - Love that image for Hope. I'm trying very hard not to hope for a resolution right now, as the disappointment has ranged from a shrug to scorched-earth devastation. What are you hoping for?

Rita
    - I think of you often. Vividly remember how you and your husband planned to hit the road in your RV. You have an adventuresome spirit, my dear, and a lot of stresses that you stand up under on a daily basis. You're as strong as they come... and when it's hard to be strong, just keep us in your pocket.

KatieBug - :'( It does sound as though a coyote may be the culprit for the kitten disappearances - I'm so sorry. As for the crack about your "older gentleman" husband, it didn't say "older couple." :smiley: People may think you're the "older gentleman's" golddigging, hotsie-totsie, trophy wife. :wink: Thinking of you while you walk through these steps with your dad.

Betsy - so pleased your son is there with you. I think of you each day, hope you're doing well--but remember, there is no timeline for grief. Take as much time as you need.

Kim - Thinking about you.

Third cup of tea uploading now... :smile: Third load of laundry in the wash. Damp and rainy outside, which Egg is thoroughly annoyed with every time I open the door for her. But, it's mid-60s, and gentle so far. Thunder boomers due soon.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I did six minutes of marching and about forty six minutes of yoga. Yay!

I stopped halfway through the second video because my knee hurt. It's better already, but it's in that tricky place where it needs more exercise but the wrong move will injure it. I'm trying to listen to my body but it doesn't know what it wants. But I have to remember all athletes go through tricky knee times. The ones who thrive are the ones who figure it out.

Tiger Woods came back to play in the Master's after that horrible car accident. If he can do that, I can manage a tricky knee.

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Kim, I am breathing such a sigh of relief for you!
    I guess I too would be a little suspicious, like Heather, but if you're feeling good about your brother's friend and it gives you reason to step away, then good on you.

Barbara, you keep snuggling. Those Tumble and Shadow snuggles will relieve you of your heartbreak sooner than you know. <3

Back to work Monday for me. Have a great week y'all!

Carla, in MN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I can't even give my hopes a voice in case a tiny part of my heart attaches to a shred of hope ... and then breaks if the hopes are dashed. M in Oz

Thinking of you, too, Machka.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Lisa, LMAO at the hotsy-totsy, gold-digging trophy wife comment, even more so when my autocorrect kept changing hotsy to horsy.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    One half of the old mobile home is gone now. They spent most of yesterday getting it stuck and then getting it unstuck. The second half is in the lower driveway and will be pulled out next weekend. Found out highway dept will not let them move it during the week because they block the roads and school buses can't get through. New owner is supposed to be over this week to clean up the site. Really wierd to see all that open space now but glad when it is done.

Kim - hope everything works out well. Glad you are being causious.

Dr. Katie - so sorry about the kitty. We lock our barn cat in at night because of the coyotes.

KJ - hope your easy day is just that.

Welcome to those who are new.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    ☘️ Irish Blessing ☘️
    May your troubles be less
    and your blessings be more
    and nothing but happiness
    Come through your door.

Debbie: it sounds like it was a very successful Comic-con.
    Dr Katie: 🥰 golddigging, hotsie-totsie, trophy wife

🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed my mental health day, but wouldn't you know it I was up when DH got up to go to work. Did not do much all day and that was nice.

I am caught up and looks like I wrote a book.

I keep my phone next to my chair at night as I end up out there most the night.

Annie--Hugs!!

Machka--I did not know honey came in different flavours. I thought honey was just honey.

Lanette--Yes we still have Oscar, that was my mom's dog. He is about 10-11 years old and still very active. He is part dachshund and lab. Then last fall our DBIL (thats not dear or even close) left his chihuahua at our house when he took off. She is about 4 and a pain, but DH says she is ours now and because she was a rescue we will not make her go somewhere else. She is slowly learning not to bark at everything and relaxing. But Jake was special and I do miss him a lot. Hugs for you and DH. My DH is the same with eating and I try not to get upset, but I hate wasting food and the dogs can only eat so much.

Indoor hobby--I will do some reading, knitting (mostly I do this in the car when going out of town), coloring, mostly play games on my phone and maybe watch some TV. I need to find something to do and stay off my phone.

Sue--We were not happy when Bank of America held our mortage. When we had to have the house resided the insurance company sent the check in our name and the bank. So we had to send the check to their main office. It took over 30 days to get it back so we could pay the company. Then a couple weeks later we got a check for the interst of the time they had the money. $.05. What a joke. I have kept it just for the joke of it. Anyway good luck and pray you get it worked out soon.

Kim--I do remember you talking of your brother several times.Sending prayers for you, his son and your mom. This is not easy anyway you look at it. He is making his own choices and not caring about anyone else. Please take care of yourself. Great news about Tim. I hope that he is honest and is a help.

Tracey--Hugs!

Barbara--Sorry to hear about Gino. You did your best and have to do what is right for him and you and your family.

Helen--Welcome this is a great place for support and freindship. Come often and get to know. Sounds like you are off to a great start. One day at a time.

Rita--Hugs and prayers.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND ,NE Where it does not know what season we are in. 50's today, 86 tomorrow and then back in the 50's. We could use rain really bad. <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Worked today and I was surprised at how much prep needed to be done. So I mentioned to one of the managers that they must have been busy and she told me that the other gal didn’t do much, she gave her two weeks’ notice. So that explains why there’s always so much that needs to be done on Mondays. She asked me if I could come in every other Saturday and I asked her if I could do Sundays instead. I told her that sometimes I lector at the church which isn’t a lie, but that’s usually at night. I think I’d like Saturdays to me. I bet they probably aren’t real busy in the morning on Sundays. I guess the next step is to find out when the gal is going to be leaving.

Annie DE – my biggest problem when I have people over is to get everything done at the same time. I do use my warming tray a lot.

Katie – you are such a wonderful daughter! Gold digger? Never. But hotsie-totsie...oh yea

Kim – I’m glad you have Tim to help you. Feel better fast

Had our last bowling of the season. I took pizza bites mainly because I really didn’t have time to make something. Ceramics tonight

Warm today but I think I’ll put on pants for ceramics because it’ll probably be chillier when we leave

Michele NC
    who is off to change into pants
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

.walk w/yogi- 1hr 8min 2sec, 107ahr, 131mhr, 3.5mi= 345c
    Strava app = 399c