WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,096 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @broadway41
    Hi Helen. Fellow Brit here, from N Ireland. You are very welcome. It’s a busy group. Jump in when/if the spirit moves you.

Barbara: Sad for both you and Gino. You had to do what was right for your existing family dynamic.
    Machka: I used to be indecisive, but now🤔 I’m not so sure. (🤦‍♀️Couldn’t resist that old chestnut)

I use Duolingo to help with my Latin. The free version (I prefer not to pay for apps) I regard it as productive time, which is also relaxing.

MFP is being a pain at the mo! I’ve reported it to tech but no reply as yet.

IKEA visit yesterday was very pleasant. My younger girl and I do this this regularly, it gives us time to chat.

I’m going to visit my elder daughter this afternoon. The granddaughter is home from Oxford for Easter, So it will be great to see all three grandchildren for once.

We are planning a family picnic on Good Friday. Going out for lunch with elder girl and granddaughter on Tuesday, and then we’re going to look at new iPads. It’s my birthday next week, and I’m looking forward to replacing my cranky old machine.

🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Hi Helen! I'm from Brighton and Hove. Not far away. I've been on here for years. Next August will be my 10th anniversary. :o I lost 57 lbs when I first joined and have kept off nearly all of it. I need to lose a few pounds again, and an up-coming cruise in June is my motivation. B) I've recently trimmed off a bit, but I've plateaued again. Back to smaller portions and fewer carbs.

Kids still here. It's all gone wonderfully, but I found cooking 13 pancakes a bit of a trial. They were a huge success though! :D As usual I was awake at 4.30, came downstairs st 5.45 to read. Kids were great and stayed in bed reading until 7. <3 DH is playing board games with them now. Parents will be arriving any minute to pick them up.
    DH is taking Max out for a 'walk' on Tuesday morning. School has been difficult and a 'playdate' didn't go well. DH is just the person for a confidence boost. Maybe they will have lunch out. <3

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    (((Barbara))) — I am so sorry that Gino was not a safe & predicable pet. He was not like your sweet good dogs. 😢
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,096 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Heather: Good grief! 13 pancakes! I found doing six on Pancake Tuesday quite enough. Glad it went well. Johnny is a godsend to you and the grands. And the parents, of course. Your regular habits will get off that plateau.

Later …
    I’ve just done a short 15 minute walk/jog, and Fitbit logged 8 minutes at peak effort.

Tried to post a photo from Wed outing!

MFP just crashes AGAIN!!! Had to log back in.

Photos still not uploading. Aw well… never mind.

☘️ Terri

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Barbara- so sad about having to take Gino back.. it must have been such a let down..but you have to consider yourself,Joe and the other pups safety..hopefully he finds a good home..
    Helen-Welcome ... hop right in..we are a chatty group and you'll get to know us all eventually.. I live in Connecticut am divorced twice ,2 children a boy and a girl..2 grands am on disability have gained and lost and had 2 open heart surgeries that have slowed me down ,but haven't taken me out lol
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I am so relieved. On Tuesday, DSIL came in from the shed and said she would like us to all get together on Easter Sunday. I must have looked a bit shocked (I was surprised) , and felt I hadn't responded enthusiastically enough. I confessed to my son yesterday that I was panicking at the thought of having to cook Easter Sunday lunch. :#:o>:) He said we could do anything, so we have fixed on our favourite local Persian. Phew!!!! We will split the bill. Afterwards we can go down to the seafront and get ice creams from Marrocco.
    If I had volunteered Sunday lunch for 7, I would have spent the week getting neurotic. Edie is gluten free, Bea is cow dairy free and doesn't eat much protein, son is keto, DDIL is fussy about meat. Noooo fun.
    Let Shandiz take the strain. :p

We did manage to get to our machines after the parents left with the kids at 11. I got 500 done. Will do 350 this pm. A miracle, as I had been awake since 4.30.
    DDIL's times were good at the race. She does hold some women's Strava records for certain stretches of road. Not bad at 42.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,914 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, great decision to eat out instead of cooking. The last time I cooked for guests was Thanksgiving a few years ago. Now we meet friends at a mutually agreed restaurant and we can all eat what suits us.

:)Helen, welcome. We interact on this thread and many of us had gotten to know each other well but reading here every day and posting often. I am happy to meet you.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I seem to be coming down with a stuffy nose. I hope not. 🙏🏻
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Barbara – oh, how heartbreaking for you and Gino! Maybe he needs to be in a house where he is the only dog? You gave him a loving home while you could. When we got our first cat he “following my daughter home from school” (the fact that she was feeding it had nothing to do it with it…..). We tried everything to find the owner to no avail. So one day while the kids were in school I took him to the SPCA. On the way home I felt so bad that I went and got him back. I know how you felt because I felt so bad and was crying so hard.

Did an Ab Burner DVD and then a Leslie Sansone You Can Do It Abs DVD. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise but we do have bowling in the afternoon and then ceramics at night. This is the last bowling session of the fall so they’re having a luncheon. I always take my own lunch since all they have are hot dogs and hamburgers. I can’t remember the last time I had a hot dog and it’s been years since I’ve had a hamburger. My stomach just gets upset when I have one. People do bring something and I’m sure someone will bring cheese so I may have some of that. I’m going to take pizza bagels, mainly because I won’t have time to make something. Plus...I think this will go over.

Helen – I hope you come back often, we have members from all over. Lots of support here too

Heather – for some reason I don’t make pancakes. But waffles...now that’s a different story. Agree with barbie about eating out. I just couldn’t bear the idea (or leftovers) of Thanksgiving and Christmas so we used to go out for Thanksgiving. Now Jess has decided to host it. Thank goodness.

Betsy – how I miss the water aerobics! But the class is in the morning and I’m working. How great that your son is helping you so much!

When I log in, MFP always takes me to some place (not where I left off). So it helps to post occasionally so I know that I have read up to my post.

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    (((Rita)))
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Rita thinking about your struggles. Hope you are feeling okay. Hugs!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Hugs to everyone, on this rainy Sunday morning!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa