• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    2ooqt7rrs2w1.png
  • Machka9
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Would love to join your group, I am in my 50's, live in ND and would love to have like minded friends with open diaries who log on a regular basis. It's a new week, 7 days of endless opportunities, choose wisely!
    Kari-Kindred Spirit in ND
    I'm new too. Kinda. I was once
    a member. I am 52 now, have two sons am trying to get back into good shape again. I gained like 4 sizes after looking my best. I really want to lose these extra inches and feel good again.

Anyone interested in a supportive friend here, I'm good at showing support. We can do this.
    faithcreek wrote: »

I Love this @Whidislander!

Hello I am jumping in. I am over 50 with 10/12 pounds to go, a restarter on MFP, love to garden and be out in the yard. Of course this isn’t me but.. I can dream. 🙂 fc from az

Hi ... I'm also in my 50s. :)

And I've recently discovered, to my surprise, that I like gardening. By recently, I mean, just a few months!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    rsnsza wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I am new to the MFP community and found your group today. Wanted to post a quick intro since I will be bookmarking this thread.

I'm Renee, 51 yo, happily married almost 19 years to Chris, 46. We live in Central Virginia, no kids.

I used to be on sparkpeople before it shut down and had great success there with tracking and workouts. Started at 319 and ended at 152. Ultimately decided that was too low for me, but I am currently 7 pounds in to losing 25 I picked up while not being careful enough on meds. That will put me in the low 180s, where I was happiest.

I can't go back to read the full month at once, but will look forward to getting to know you going forward. I am very dedicated to my health and will be a permanent fixture on MFP. I don't know how to send friend requests, but if anyone wants to reach out at any point, that would be welcome.

Happy Easter!
    Renee in central Virginia

Well done on the loss!
  • Machka9
    Options
    rsnsza wrote: »
    katkearro wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

In the past I have set myself so many goals that I simply do not meet, so I have decided to be a little kinder to myself.

My goal is to simply be mindful. Consider what I eat and why; listen and love my body and live in the moment.

Thank you Barbie for a place to share our thoughts and feelings,

Kathleen in AB CA

Hi Kathleen, love your post! I lived in Alberta for 9 years, both Calgary and Lethbridge. Both my husband and I are dual U.S/Canadians. We're in Virginia again right now to be closer to my mom.

When I get off my phone and onto the computer, I'm right clicking that image. Thanks for sharing!

Renee in VA

Hello fellow Albertans. :)

I lived quite a chunk of my life in various parts of Alberta. :)

But now I'm in Australia.

Machka in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    <3

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Betsy enjoy your lunch. You don't have to be charming or even speak up, just going is a big step. Take care.

Carol brava for trying the hearing aids! My father has them. My only tip is that some dogs love ear wax, so they will chew on hearing aids. Be careful where you leave them.

It's lovely to have so many new people! It's a beautiful spring day here, and I am stuck resting my bum knee. I quit my knitting, and I don't read much anymore, so there are days when I need a new hobby. I do meditate and study Buddhism a little. I loved yoga until the lunges got me. I'm expecting some thyroid blood work results soon. Until then I will likely take another nap.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,107 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Tech is great when it works. When I switched on my iPhone this morning the screen had frozen. Spent several frustrating hours trying to sort it out. I’ll spare you the details. Finally found a work round via Google. It was so simple! Should’ve googled it right away and saved myself a lot of angst.

Didn’t fix my present diffs with MFP. I’m still trying to get all the info they asked for together this afternoon.
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    sitting here waiting to hear from one of my best friends(we have been friends since junior high) . Her little grandson who is almost 4yrs old is having his forth brain surgery today for a brain tumor. Praying this is the last one they have to do on little David.

(((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 For little David

🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    <3
  • strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    rakjeuqwgx3i.jpg
    A beautiful scene in Norway!
    Daffodils, my mommas favorite flower.💖💐
    Rebecca

Hello I am jumping in. I am over 50 with 10/12 pounds to go, a restarter on MFP, love to garden and be out in the yard. Of course this isn’t me but.. I can dream. 🙂 fc from az

fduybke47p1t.jpeg

Nice to meet you! That wasn't me either, but I have a yearning to visit my homeland, and there is a dairy farm in Trondhiem, Norway where they'll take you in and let you stay a spell if you're family!
    I need to lose about 90 lbs but it'll take some time, didn't get on my body overnight, so I don't expect it to just fall off me!
    Whidbey island
    Wa

Hi You also! That would be amazing to visit, there is a dream that can turn to reality! You have the best reasons to lose, a beautiful place to live and a darling granddaughter.

fc

Maybe, we aren't rich folks, but live within our means. My husband left the workforce fairly early at 51 yrs old, because of his liver. In 2014 he was able to receive a complete liver transplant🙏💖. So I appreciate just seeing him healthy now. We are quite homebodys! Traveling just kind of puts a hiccup in my life.🙃😁. Yes my Athena is my sweetpea, and I'm her Mimi.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I think the last 2 years has made more homebodies than not. Glad your DH is healthy!

fc in az
  • strongerfaith
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Would love to join your group, I am in my 50's, live in ND and would love to have like minded friends with open diaries who log on a regular basis. It's a new week, 7 days of endless opportunities, choose wisely!
    Kari-Kindred Spirit in ND
    I'm new too. Kinda. I was once
    a member. I am 52 now, have two sons am trying to get back into good shape again. I gained like 4 sizes after looking my best. I really want to lose these extra inches and feel good again.

Anyone interested in a supportive friend here, I'm good at showing support. We can do this.

Hi ... I'm also in my 50s. :)

And I've recently discovered, to my surprise, that I like gardening. By recently, I mean, just a few months!

Machka in Oz

It’s never to late. 🌷🌷
  • strongerfaith
    Options
    Good Morning ☀️

Thank you ...for all the Welcomes 🙂
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options

Welcome new peeps
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) Jake has gone to the local cardiology center for a nuclear stress test that should take a few hours. The hard part for him was no caffeine for 24 hours (no coffee, no chocolate). I am enjoying a rare few hours with the house to myself.

:)Carol, good luck with the hearing aids. Having good quality ones will make a huge difference in your life.

<3Betsy, just show up at lunch and do what you find. Let your friends reach out to you.

<3Allie, you have taken on a huge challenge with your two grandchildren. I wish you the best.

<3 Barbie in NW WA