WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I had fun watching hummingbirds at the sugar water feeders on our windows. It is dark now and the birds are tucked away for the night. <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    Yesterday was gorgeously sunny. Today not so much. I'm getting ready for Monday Painters after lunch. I started a painting last session, so hoping to finish it today.

Good to see my American pals had a fine Mother's Day.

☘ Terri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,366 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hello, my dears,

Lanette - I loved watching Robin Williams. There are very few actors that I feel connected to, but he was one of them. I loved his work so much that I couldn't bring myself to watch the ones where he was the villain. Glad you got the help you needed with the lights, etc!

Julie - Good to see you posting!

RVRita - Loved the rose and the giver. What a sweet thing to do!

Karen - Good to see you enjoying yourself, dear heart.

Heather - I'm more than happy to live vicariously through you on your cruises... I look forward to tons of pictures!

Rebecca - I hate to see you resigned to your youngest's lack of communication, but I hated it when you were grieving over it even more. I'm so sorry. My husband told me once that once age 16 rolls around, children give you permission to parent. When they don't want it, you can't force it.

Just a question...Is anyone else using the new "Save Draft" button just below the box you post in? It keeps your entire post, and even if you go to another page or leave MFP entirely, it will be waiting for you on your return. I try to push that button after every paragraph and have yet to lose a post since I started using it. Note - this may well be on the website and not on the phone--I don't use the mobile app for posting.

My daughter and son both called yesterday, which I appreciated very much, and Corey cooked me dinner - baked, stuffed mushrooms. He knows they're my favorite of the things he makes. Insanely good.

I mailed Kelsey a Mother's Day card and made her cry. She's the first person to call me "Mom." I am ever grateful for my little family's love and respect. It makes the years before I met them seem worth the price for every ounce of pain.

Third cup of decaf tea uploading now... Weighed myself this morning and I'm 2 pounds lighter than I was May 1. Yay!

Just a few tea memes below.
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
    xd9scogeot9d.png

celxvncanxlu.png
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    I got calls from Jack's youngest son and family and my two sons. Jack's daughter texted me at 10Pm last night. I didn't hear from Jack's oldest son but I didn't expect to hear. Feeling fortunate to have heard from 4 out of the 5.

Lisawhat does Corey put in his stuffed mushrooms. I love stuffed mushrooms.

Happy Monday to All,
    Betsy in NW WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,302 Member
    :)<3:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Morning ladies
    Fed Alfie and will hop in the shower in a little bit,but am in no rush... it sounds like everyone had fun this weekend.. mine was low key..
    I have found that i used to love to go out and be with friends and i still like to do that every once in awhile.. but im also ok just being by myself with Alfie..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Good morning ladies!

I dropped my car off for an oil change, so now I'm feeling virtuous even though I'm not actually doing the work. 😊

I miss my yoga mornings. It's just a video, but the teacher says nice things to me, and makes me happy. Maybe I can start again next Monday.

I need to come up with a plan to learn the dreaded lunge. It starts with a stationary shallow lunge, holding on to something. But where can I do that? Hmm. Maybe the bathroom sink? Must be careful not to reinjure myself.

Have a great day!

Annie in Delaware
    where it's cold but the sun is shining! Yay!
  • LisaInArkansas
    edited May 2022
    Betsy - Corey never works to a recipe, and he couldn't tell me how much of anything he puts in it, but the basic ingredients are here:
    Stuffed Mushrooms
    Whole fresh mushrooms, brown or white mushrooms (brown are better), 8 oz, washed gently and stems removed.

Softened cream cheese - half an 8 oz brick, or more if you're making a lot. (This can be the neufchatel cheese, which is quite a bit lower in calories and tastes exactly the same. The fat-free cream cheese does not work well, unfortunately.)

Garlic powder to taste

Onion powder to taste

Black pepper to taste

Bacon bits chopped fine (If you decide to skip the bacon, add a dash of kosher salt.)

Minced chives (unless you're making them for me, in which case forget them)

Mix the cream cheese and spices and bacon together. Taste the mix and adjust as necessary for your taste. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, piled up about an inch above the edges of the caps. Place on a baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees until the cheese mixture is brown and delicious... Start checking at 20 minutes--the time will have to do with how large the mushroom caps are, so it could be as long as 30 minutes.

The electric folks are here to clean up their mess from last Thursday... That is an industrial wood chipper, and it spits the ground wood directly into the back of the truck. It is just as loud as you think.
    c2aszpatixmh.png
  • LisaInArkansas
    Good morning ladies!

I need to come up with a plan to learn the dreaded lunge. It starts with a stationary shallow lunge, holding on to something. But where can I do that? Hmm. Maybe the bathroom sink? Must be careful not to reinjure myself.
    Have a great day!
    Annie in Delaware

Annie - No offense meant, but why? You are doing a lot of different, wonderful exercises that don't hurt you, why do you want to do something that does? Is there something you do in your daily life where you have to use lunges? I'm absolutely not saying you shouldn't exercise, but I am very much averse to doing exercise that hurts our bodies. I'm not talking about the soreness that well-used muscles feel, I'm talking about the overuse of a joint that isn't up to the use. I used that kind of self-destruction as my excuse for a lot of years, because I would start and then hurt myself and quit.

There may well be a reason for you to do them that you haven't expressed, and if so, my apologies. Just thought I'd ask.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited May 2022
    Annie - Why do you feel you have to do lunges? I never do lunges. I am sure you can be very fit without ever doing a single lunge. You can do all kinds of exercises without hurting your knees, including yoga. Just miss ones out that stress the knee. You can exercise perfectly well in a chair. Stop the lunges! :p

Heather UK xxxxxx

Went for my run this morning, then rowed. Done another rowing session this afternoon.
    I am proud of myself for cutting and pasting and editing my new book, WHERE AM I? Should be out soonish! I find this bit very difficult and scary, so just getting to the page is a major achievement.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Realized this morning that today is the last day of exercise until Sunday...wawa. I really, really need to convince myself to do yoga at night since it isn't strenuous. Now to convince my body

Michele
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Lisa - How funny we both said the same thing to Annie at the same moment! :D

Kim - Glad your mum's visit passed off without drama. And so happy for your mental health win. :D<3 Hope it doesn't take forever to get organised. You are a daughter beyond price. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,302 Member
    KIM ~ So glad your insurance provider is giving you the benefits you deserve. I am so sorry to hear about your mom's failing health due to all the mess your brother created. Is he still in the home?

VICKI ~ Sounds like you had a great weekend.

ANNIE ~ I had to look up "lunge" to see what you were talking about. I have a replaced knee and another knee that needs to be replaced, but, I think I could do a lunge. Just not all the way down to the floor.

Our son and daughter in law provided us with a very nice Mother's Day dinner Saturday evening. He cooked mouth watering steaks on the grill.

Carol in GA