WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,894 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Heaven gained two "Good Fellas" this week. Ray Liotta and my Italian husband.

Long story, but he collapsed early Saturday morning and I called the ambulance. They transported him to the ER, and finally he had all of the tests he'd been avoiding. Circulation was virtually nil in his legs from blocked arteries, heart also in bad shape. Liver failing, kidneys failing, and he had pneumonia.

Last night at 8:30 he went to join Sophie and his many buddies. My friend Tiff and I were there with him.

Nurses came in frequently and checked on him. Among his last intelligible words:
    "I haven't had this many different women touching my d*ck since I was 18."

Good fella and smart *kitten* until the very end. That was him. I'm gonna miss him a lot. <3

It's going to be a busy week.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

So sorry Lanette. :heartbreak:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Lanette- Sending all my good wishes for you at this time. <3<3<3

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    So very sorry Lanette!

Hugs and prayers for you!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Lanette - I'm so sorry...

:'(

Lisa in AR
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Lanette,I am so sorry for your loss, Sending many hugs to you.
    <3 Barbie
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    (((Lanette))) We are all with you!

Carol in GA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    Lanette- No words! Just HUGS!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Looking good Lisa! <3

KJ - So sorry you are gunky. <3 Is your body trying to tell you something? ;)

I did a good morning's editing. First chapter.
    Tried light weights for the first time in ages. No ill effects so far. :) I'm getting 600 calories burnt at the moment. Still have a bit of progress to make in the CI, but I'm having some AF days. :D
    Tonight is Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables with Feta.

The cleaner is here. I love listening to someone else working!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options
    Lanette I am so very sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.

KJ too bad you are sick again. No fun!

Lisa glad Corey wasn't hurt worse!

Today is going to be a bad diet day, as I have lunch out and then a cookout with my aunt. I was doing pretty well until this! I have to convince myself to react responsibly, enjoy but not pig out, and enjoy my friends and family.

I tried to get up early for exercise, but that didn't happen. Oh well.

As for Memorial Day, first condolences to those who lost loved ones in uniform. Second may those who celebrate have a wonderful weekend!

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    (((Lanette)))- I am so sorry for your loss. Sending love & sympathy. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,894 Member
    Options
    Work
    Walked Rhody
    Groceries ... from the comfort of my chair at home
    Laundry
    Ordered tickets for a play in about a month
    And a bit of legal work.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Oh Lanette. I am so very sorry.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    Lisa Ouch! Most of ours is stone too except for that one wall on the kitchen addition. We put in one of those composite boards where it was rotted.

Breakfast made, eaten, and cleaned up. Need to go spray weeds and finish cleaning windows. I will need my massage tonight!

Hugs!

Kylia
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the wishes! We're having a great weekend. Just lolling around, doing a buncha this and that. We've gone to several of our favorite places and a couple new ones. More of a staycation, day-trippin'. The weather starts out stormy every day and then usually turns out okay so we head out "somewhere". We were going to go to the cemeteries today, but I got a picture from the group the places the flags and it seems the VERY, LARGE pine tree that's been there since before my brother died had to be taken out and, silly me, I don't know if I can go look at the graves there right now.

Definitely GLAD you called 911, Barbie!

Oh Lanette........ I'm so sorry. Sending all my love and prayers. I'm just GIGGLING at his comment though. He must have been one heck of a man!

Good Lord, Lisa! That's one heck of a slash there! "that look" Yeah, I know what you mean. You look amazing! Well done.

Blessings today.

Carla, in MN
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs Lanette. Take care of yourself.😘🫂

RvRita
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Carla--Very Happy Anniversary.

Reuions--I have never been to my HS reuions, school was not fun and the few freinds I have we keep in touch with FB. That works for me.

Barbie--How scary, Glad Jake is ok. I would rather call 911 and be checked out then, not calling and ending up in real trouble. Better safe any day.

Heather--Great news from your oldest.

Debbie--Sounds like your reuion was fun, happy for you.

Rebecca--Great on the Tennis. you lasted a LOT longer than I would of.

Kylia--Looks like a beautiful and very good place to rest.

Lanette--I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and hugs.

KJ--Hope you get to feeling better fast.

Lisa--Know it looks worse then is, but sure looks sore.

Well I am covering at work for acouple hours while the lady working went to sing at a Memorial event. Don't mind as no one around and got some things done.

It has been a good weekend. Friday night and Saturday we went to a CMA rally. Enjoy spending time with dear friends and rode the motorcycle. Did get a little red, but not bad. Yesterday we worked around the yard and then went to DYS's for cookout. I had gotten some water balloons so the DGC had fun with them and DH was right in the middle of it with them.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Lanette-So sorry for your loss. :(
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    Lanette I'm so sorry for your loss!! He sounds like he was a very fun loving man 💞 lots of love and prayers for you and your family and friends 💞

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota