Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    vtr8dbq57l86.png

This picture was taken 66 yrs ago today. Mom and dad's wedding day. They got married in my grandparents house then lived in the little apartment over the garage for a few years.

A year ago today, we had the memorial service for dad. We couldn't have it right when he passed which was 12/30/20 so mom picked what would have been their 65th anniversary- something dad was so proud of and told everyone he could.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Beautiful picture, Debbie. Your mom and my mom look like they could be sisters.

Blessings to you as you navigate one year since your dad's service.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lanette, Your husband must have been quite a guy. My daughter-in-law's father asked his nurse when she was going to free Willy during one of his hospitalizations (he was catheterized.) lol. I am so sorry you lost that fella. Sending energy and clarity of thought as you go through this phase of your life.

Karen in Virginia
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    vtr8dbq57l86.png

This picture was taken 66 yrs ago today. Mom and dad's wedding day. They got married in my grandparents house then lived in the little apartment over the garage for a few years.

A year ago today, we had the memorial service for dad. We couldn't have it right when he passed which was 12/30/20 so mom picked what would have been their 65th anniversary- something dad was so proud of and told everyone he could.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Beautiful picture, Debbie. Your mom and my mom look like they could be sisters.

Blessings to you as you navigate one year since your dad's service.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

I would love to see a picture of your mom!!
    Mom was 14yrs old in this picture(a month before she turned 15)
  • Katla49
    Options
    :star:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Lanette - sending thoughts, love and hugs.

Pip - I am impressed that you kept/keep journals all those years, it is not something I have ever been consistent with. And reading them could be so emotional.

Lisa, glad Corey is ok

Debbie - your mom was a young bride, I can't imagine what kind of silly choice I would have made at just about 15....

Kim in N. California
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Heaven gained two "Good Fellas" this week. Ray Liotta and my Italian husband.

Long story, but he collapsed early Saturday morning and I called the ambulance. They transported him to the ER, and finally he had all of the tests he'd been avoiding. Circulation was virtually nil in his legs from blocked arteries, heart also in bad shape. Liver failing, kidneys failing, and he had pneumonia.

Last night at 8:30 he went to join Sophie and his many buddies. My friend Tiff and I were there with him.

Nurses came in frequently and checked on him. Among his last intelligible words:
    "I haven't had this many different women touching my d*ck since I was 18."

Good fella and smart *kitten* until the very end. That was him. I'm gonna miss him a lot. <3

It's going to be a busy week.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Oh Lanette ... I just burst into tears ... there are no words. My heart is just hurting for yours. Hugs.
    Beth near Buffalo
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Lanette- my deepest condolences.. Im so very sorry for your loss but he sounds like he was a hoot and was cracking jokes right up until the end ..may he rest in peace.. you know you always have us in your back pocket when you need us xoxo.
    Lisa- yikes that looks like a good gash...but Tom would have been the same way..
    I took my brother out to lunch today at a nice restaurant on the river... it was sooo nice just for us to get together ..its been ages..so all in all a great weekend..
    He is coming down to meet Miles tomorrow.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Beth, I just have no words. I genuinely hope at a minimum they plan to pick up the vet's bill for Cecil. That's literally criminal neglect on their part, to leave the Shepherd loose. OK, I was wrong, and I did have words. I hope Cecil is OK. These kind of attacks can leave dogs with a form of PTSD, bless them. Cecil's sweet temperament and all the love for him in your family may help him ride it out, though. Thinking about you.
  • Katla49
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I am very sorry Cecil was attacked by the neighbor’s dog. At the very least, the neighbors should pay Cecil’s vet bill. I hope he’ll recover fully from his injuries. ❤️

I’ve done my errands for the day. Groceries are in the refrigerator waiting their turn to be cooked. 😊
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family - 2hrs 19sec, 3.07ap, 42elev, 95ahr, 113mhr, 6.18mi= 516c
    Strava app = 705c
    Walk home to gym- 11.59min, .52mi= 52c
    Strava app = 60c
    Elliptical machine- 30min, 5-7 incl and resist, 119ahr, 154mhr, 2.38mi= 245c
    Walk gym to store then home- 18.25min, .82mi= 96c
    Strava app = 94c

Total cal 909
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Beth- I agree whole hardedly that neighbors should foot the vet bill.. hope the poor little guy will be ok xoxo
    I would be livid... sorry about the lawn mower but pup is.more important right now..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear lanette, my heart is with you