Women 200lb+, Let's Have A Momentous May!!!

Replies

• kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Welcome! This is a wonderful group of ladies. Always great to come to for advice or to talk about weight loss struggles. Don't forget to give yourself a lot of patience and grace. I'd invest in a food scale if you can- it'll definitely help make calorie tracking more accurate.

I've learned to actually enjoy cooking during this process. It's cheaper and more flavorful than eating healthy food at restaurants, plus it has less sodium, which causes me to hold onto water weight. So, if I had any advice besides "giving yourself grace," it would be to experiment and find what's fun. What type of activity do you genuinely enjoy? What types of seasonings make your mouth water, and how can you throw them into meals?

We are right along with you, and if you need to up your calories to 2000 to give yourself more energy, trust me... you're still gonna lose weight.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Weight is staying at 186.8, no complaints here. Expenditure from macrofactor is 2213! Woop woop.

It's going to be gross today, so I'm going to either check out that strength yoga by adrienne or do some zumba videos to get moving today. Maybe both! Who knows.

Whatsisface really wants dairy queen, so I'm going to prelog everything, including a treat from there, and see how I can make my day fit around it. I've been wanting to try to order a "cupcake" from there, which is just an individual portion of their ice cream cake with some extra frosting on top. DQ doesn't have the nutritional information, but FatSecret says it's 440, and DQ says a portion of their ice cream cake is 250 without all the extra icing, so 440 sounds reasonable.

I'm also going to be making my cheeseburger platter tonight, which I love so much- ground beef and mushrooms with a little cheese, over a bed of greens, with air fried potatoes and all the appropriate condiments (except mayo). It's so good and filling, and only 650 calories. Well, 800-some with the beer I'm going to drink with Whatsisface.

Since we've got heavy dinner and heavy ice cream (which I'm aiming to eat around lunch), I'm going to load the rest of my day with vegetables and protein- for breakfast, cucumbers topped with a little soft goat cheese and smoked salmon for little healthier blinis with some egg whites to push me over 100g protein for the day, and for lunch, a low calorie wrap with vegetables hot and cold and a little cheese before we get DQ. I'm even building myself in three hershey's kisses after dinner, because somehow my sweet tooth never shuts up until it is satisfied after dinner. I might not even need them, if I don't finish the cupcake at lunch, I can eat that after dinner instead, we'll see.

Total for today planned: 1870. We'll see if I'm good with that, but that's well below maintenance, so I'm pretty happy with it as a plan with lots of good food (cheeseburger plate! beer! ice cream!)

My next diet break isn't until mid-June :scream: and I've been feeling tired of the grind lately, so today should be really good as a day I feel like I have indulged myself enough without a binge. A little re-feed.

Tag party time!
    @pamperedlinny It sounds like an awesome, fun-packed weekend! If you log through it, nothing too bad will happen. I am a big proponent of eating close to maintenance if you have to for social events, because to try to make a deficit in those times is miserable. Best of luck with the blood sugar, though, I don't know a lot about that.

@justanotherloser007 I imagine all you've got going on is a classic recipe for water retention.

@biohazardinc oooh, biking at the state park! Sounds like a fun adventure! Glad to hear the kitchenaid attachment works well, even if you have to plan it out. I'll keep that in mind.

@Girlfieri223 I love your handle, lol. Welcome! Now, about that calorie goal... MFP's calorie goal is based on the rate you wanted to lose weight. If you set it for 1lb/week or 2lb/week and MFP gave you that calorie goal? Eat those calories! It will get you losing weight at that rate! BUT!

I understand the hesitation about logging, and why you might feel the need to put a "buffer" in there for inaccurate logging. The solution is to log as accurately as you can, which can be easier said than done. As @kenziestabes has already said, a food scale is a lifesaver. If you haven't got one already, they can be $10 or less, and I use mine every single day.

The nice thing about making your logging accurate- you will be amazed at how many calories/how much food you CAN eat and lose weight. I am going through that right now, as you can see above, lol.

Welcome! Please keep coming back, I find this thread so very motivating when I post often (lol, very often).

@sargemarcori Hi! Welcome back! Don't feel discouraged about leaving and coming back- that is a normal thing, and we can only commit to changing our lives when. we. are. ready. You are ready now! Keep posting here, keep thinking about how good you'll feel when you improve your habits, you've got this!

@samanthag0412 I love the broken down goals! Your goal to lose for May is a little steep, but might be done! Don't beat yourself up if it's not, though. Progress is progress! Welcome!

For all our newbies: You haven't come this far to only come this far. Keep engaging, and you'll get where you want to go. :smiley: And we've got you. We've all been where you are.

Have a fantastic Saturday, everyone!

weight.png
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 209.8 (5/1/2022)

GW for May: 205
    GW for 2022: 170
    UGW: 170

5/7: 207.4
    5/14: 207.2
    5/21:
    5/28:

I hit 205.8 earlier this week, but I had a super late dinner last night and I am feeling really bloated from it, plus I forgot to weigh today until after I had 2 glasses of water, so I am pretty sure today's number is slightly higher due to food in transit and water retention. I start moving tomorrow, so hopefully that will give me enough extra calories to account for the extra convenience foods that I sure I will be eating over the next couple weeks as my kitchen gets packed up. Feeling kinda blah off and on for the last couple weeks and vaguely unsettled for no reason that I can pinpoint. Stress maybe? Boredom? Uncertainty? Not really sure what but it is messing with my head. Some days I feel fantastic, and other days I still feel like a blob. Today is one of those blob days. Need to get myself moving and get out of this funk! Maybe I will just head to the beach and relax since it is supposed to be warm. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Goals for May:
    - Meet fiber goals at least 3x per week: ✔️ 5 of 7
    - Meet protein goals at least 3x per week: ❌️ 2 of 7
    - Minimum 6000 steps daily: ❌️ 5 of 7. Although most of the days were well over 6 so I definitely averaged over 6
    - At least 8 glasses water daily: ✔️
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Good morning everyone!

Weigh in this morning is 187.8. Not real weight, as I stayed under even my estimate for what I was going to eat yesterday, which itself was well below maintenance. Flo is coming, and...

We got our bike ride in yesterday! Kid learned to ride without training wheels, so it was lots of running after her for me, followed by everyone going out on their bikes (me with the baby on the back of mine) before it rained again. It felt good to get outside as a whole family again. Right now it's gray out, but it should break around midmorning, and then we'll do some gardening today, I think. Maybe another bike ride.

So anyway, I am a little sore, which means I'm retaining water. No big. Yesterday's food was delicious, and I didn't feel deprived in the least. Tonight we're making salmon and yellow squash for dinner, I'll just play the day by ear, logging as I go, and prep my chicken and brussels sprouts for lunches for the week.

Tag party!
    @lmgoff232 I, too, fluctuate between feeling great days and blob days. Maybe it's weight loss related, like, being in the middle of weight loss, we recognize our progress but alternately realize we have a little ways to go. idk. I hope you feel like your (sexy! capable! healthy! lovely!) self soon.

@KeriA I love that a longer distance, you do faster! It's a similar progression to runners- you think you aren't improving, but your stamina definitely is. I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing fine and you tested negative, and I hope your great nephew only has a mild case.

Have a restful and relaxing Sunday, everyone!

weight.png

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Glad to be back and Thank you @RavenStCloud for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65 NOW! 5'4", Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs. Down 100.2 lbs so far!
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs
    5/1/22-158.8 lbs. :-( No way is this actual with all the Elliptical miles Friday, yesterday and stayed way under calories for what I was allotted. Hoping for a whoosh soon. Did Elliptical 300 minutes for 22.3 miles in first session and 54 minutes for 4.2 miles for 26.5 miles total today. Hopefully that gets me heading downward again. (Did long times on Friday 228 minutes and Saturday 240 minutes too.)
    5/8/22-148 lbs :-) Glad for the whoosh of water retention from my OK trip.

5/15/22- 159.6 lbs. Well a short lived whoosh! I know its mainly water weight. Had more carbs the last 2 nights than my usual. Glad I didn't hit the 160's! Elliptical today 130 minutes for 10 miles.

• porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Hey all! I've been a total stranger, I can't even remember if I logged earlier in the month, last week was a disaster. I think because I didn't get any down time at the weekend, and work has been bonkers, I was just fried all week. In terrible form and ate all around me. But then work cleared up towards the end of the week, I fasted from Friday night. Had a lovely day on Sat swimming, cycling and trying a bit of a jog-walk and then a fab kayaking thing yesterday (where some of the drama was put to bed, we had drama, I don't like drama). So I'm back, sorry to have missed you all and your journeys. Hope everyone is keeping well.

SW (Feb 3rd): 220

Feb: -6lbs
    March: +3lbs
    April: -10.2

5/1:206.8
    5/7:???
    5/14: 203.8
    5/21:
    5/28:

May GW: 201

May Goals

Run-jog twice a week - only got out once this week, I'm getting a bit further again
    Some more fasting - fasting is saving me from the slumps, so yeah for that
    Work on my swimming - swam once this week (first time in two weeks....)
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Good morning everyone!

Weight 186.8 again, that's fine. MacroFactor recalibrated, as it does every Monday, and upped my calories officially, now in the 1700s. I'm unconvinced yet whether the 1700s will get me the loss rate I like, but I'm willing to give it a few weeks to find out. I know I don't gain on this much, and Flo is coming, so I'll have to keep that in mind while I go through it.

Another family bike ride yesterday, and did battle weeding our blackberry patch. It was great, again, to be out there as a family, and the kids enjoyed themselves.

Today, a local hospital is offering a free skin cancer screening, and ya girl has a lot of moles, so I figured I'd go and ask some questions about them. I am getting better about sunscreen as I get older. Whatsisface was curious why I'd go- I told him we were entering a period of our lives where we had to start thinking about these things. I think I have to start getting mammograms in a couple of years, based on my family history.

Tag party time!
    @goal06082021 glad to hear your husband caught it early, it's funny in a not-very-funny way that it happens when he drives stick. Bodies is very dumb.

@mmdeveau I'm seriously considering both of those things, the scale and the tape! I get daily weighing inducing feelings. I'm at a point now where if I don't have the daily data, I freak out, like- I might see a high weight and think, maybe I'm gaining!? But if I weigh every day, I get a better picture, and it's funny how my period weight trends look exactly the same every time, see below. The yellow dots are my period, the red, my expected ovulation, the blue, my diet break. I hope the weather turns around so you can get out there on the trail!

ed06iz5r62gd.png

@swimmom_1 wow, what a workout! Do you watch movies or anything while you do these really long workouts?

@porquenoirl I'm glad to hear the drama worked out some. Everybody has those weeks- I hope this coming one is better for you.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

weight.png
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,548 Member
    @Girlfieri223 – I’ll never be bikini ready but I feel you not wanting to be the fattest person in the room. I hate that I automatically glance around every place I go to see if I am or not. One day I hope to break that habit.

@kenziestabes – That’s great advice. Eating more for energy when you’ve been exercising is so hard because I might set a plan for the day or have a number in mind but when I feel sluggish I know I need to add a few more calories.

@CupcakeCrusoe – That DQ cupcake sounds really good.

@lmgoff232 – moving is the worst. I told my husband in our last move we had better just stay put for at least 10 years.

@goal06082021 – I hope your husband heals quickly. Not a tumor but my husband had multiple back surgeries when he was younger. It seems anything they do on your back affects you forever. He has pain daily. I sincerely hope he fully heals quickly.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Seltzer_lover
    Weigh-in Day: Mondays
    SW (7/2021): 300
    5/2: 243
    5/9: 244.5
    5/16: 241.9
    5/23:
    5/30:

May GW: 236 - 240

May Goals:
    🌷 Continue to keep the house neat ✔
    🌷 Push myself in my HIIT workouts ✔
    🌷 Carefully meal plan and prep ✔
    🌷 Read 5+ books 12+ books (I've already read 7 this month)

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I was a bit of a lump...wasn't feeling great Saturday and had a very mild migraine yesterday. So mild I was still able to attend my HIIT class in the morning, but enough that I needed to take some medication and laze about in the semi-dark for the entire afternoon.

Mostly better today - just really having a case of the Mondays and not wanting to work or be productive. :lol:
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Jamie, 37, 5'6", Pennsylvania

SW (4/18/22): 248
    5/2: 243.4
    5/9: 243.6
    5/16: 241.2
    5/23:
    5/30:

It looks like I had a nice drop this week, but aside from a big drop my very first week of tracking, I've been fluctuating daily between 241-243, which is getting pretty old tbh. I've never had this much trouble in the past losing weight, which makes me wonder what I'm doing differently this time that could be having an effect.

I forget who was talking about books in this group earlier this month, but this past weekend was the annual big used book sale at the university. I waited an hour to get in on Saturday morning (some people enjoy Black Friday, I enjoy my book sale lol) and went back again yesterday. I got four books, including The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, which a few of you were talking about. I also got The Goldfinch, The Nightingale, and Deacon King Kong. Can't beat four newish books in great condition for $17! Now to make time to read them.

The weather is very stormy today and part of the town is without power. I decided to make a quick trip to the grocery store as I figured it wouldn't be crowded, and they had just gotten back their power. This meant all of the produce and cold foods were sectioned off, and naturally that's mainly what I went there to get.

I finally got my apartment looking spotless for a showing yesterday, so I'm going to try to keep it that way because it feels really nice having everything clean and in its place. Hopefully, this will lead to a much more relaxed week overall.

Also, I am horrible at tag parties, but I do enjoy reading each and every post here!
  • _manny_702
    _manny_702 Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2022
    Starting again weight and date with MFP: 282 10/21
    May starting weight: 205
    HEIGHT: 5'11"

May 2: 203
    May 9: 204
    May 16: 200.5
    May 23:
    May 30:
    May 31:

I got my woosh! So, sooooo close to Onderland, but it can wait! Does anyone have/had the Mirena IUD? If so, did you experience any side effects?
    Congrats on all of your success so far ladies! I don't have time for a tag party this morning, but I'll pop back in later today. Happy Monday!

May Goals:
    => make it to Onderland (under 200)
    => make it to the gym 3 times a week (weight training)
    => tone down the cardio to 2 days a week
    => work on my body image/confidence
    a1fbsuqmsc4f.png

• biohazardinc
    biohazardinc Posts: 95 Member
    Good morning Everyone! Hope you ladies are all doing well. Got to go out and have a great ride this weekend. Saturday we tried going out to the local state park with the kids however had a bit of a traumatic even on our way there. My daughter was biding beside me and when we headed down the hill she panicked and put her feet off the petals and was screaming down the hill. My husband luckily was at the bottom of the hill and managed to catch her. Luckily she wasn't hurt to badly just scratched up. She however is deathly afraid to get back on her bike. We keep trying to show her how to break but she just is to scared to do it. Anyways we had to turn around and head home. The next day we were able to get to the state park but only by putting the kids in the bike trailer. I'm hoping we can do this more often but I worry about my little one riding on her own now.

Anyways! I'm so sorry for being so behind.

My mental thoughts for today are not going very well feeling kind of down. I had a weigh in for another group and found that I gained a few pounds. I'm hoping its just from being on my period. That effects weight doesn't it? Anyways...trying to turn the mood around.

I'm so far behind in the post! Have a lovely day ladies.