What was your "last straw"???

Options

Replies

• hackmank
    Options
    My neighbor rubbing my belly and saying ," girl you are pregnant!" ( due to PCOS I tend to gain a lot of weight in my belly)
  • jenshaped
    Options
    My size 16 pants started feeling tight, and I didn't want to have to go up yet *another* size after buying bigger and bigger clothes all year. And getting on the scale and seeing I was into the 200's for the first time on my life - that was a real kick on the butt to start changing.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    11 stone. At that point, I'd had enough!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    oh i forgot to say something so obvious - my profile pic. i thought wow is this what i really look like? that pic made me want to begin to lose weight.
  • zombiefreak_oq
    Options
    I was looking at myself naked in the mirror and thinking about how skinny i use to be and my husband has lost a lot of weight by doing NOTHING and everyone was complimenting him so out of jealousy and depression i vowed to lose 50 lbs!
  • chickennugger13
    chickennugger13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The fact that my pouchy belly makes me look pregnant (that's where a lot of my weight goes) and that I'm horribly unfit and can barely run the length of a block at 20 years old.
  • wuhbecky
    Options
    I am back because I am just generally unhappy with myself. Nothing fits correctly if it fits at all. We are approaching cooler weather and I want to be able to get jackets and pants that are sized in the teens, not 20s.

Here goes nothing.
  • Babyphat2def
    Babyphat2def Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My last straw was when i saw my double chin in a picture I had at a family outting I was like oh no also I want to look differently before I turn thirty next year and want my family and friends be llike DANNNNG girl what are you doing lol......
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I went to my doctor and he told me that if I return next month without any kind of weight loss, I would have to go onto blood pressure medication.

That night, I started MFP (again)
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Mine was the "Biggest Loser" challenge we had at work(which I won). Somehow competing for money got me motivated! Then I gained it back over the next spring, summer, fall, then did it again the next winter and won again! Then gained a little back the next year, then the last time we had the contest, I won second place. Then I stuck to it finally. I needed MFP for motivation to keep going. It helps!
  • ashliejones13
    Options
    Went shopping for New Year's Eve and was up to a size 7. We all know what my New Years resolution was last year lol
  • midgedube1
    Options
    My final stray was going to the doctor and they could not understand what was going on with my thyroid. I have hypothyroidism and have had it for the last 16 years. During that time they have taken my blood at least 4 different times and that prompted me to research and find out how to help my thyroid not hurt it. I found that soy suppressed the thyroid and people who have thyroid issues also have issues with other food sensitivity. I took out the gluten and a few days later noticed a big difference in how I feel, sleep and overall. I have lost lots a weight since doing so a grand total of 60lbs since doing this and I have no intention of looking back. As for the food that I miss I enjoy making the healthier version as well making it soy and gluten free.
  • hmhheartmender
    Options
    I just went on a family vacation and refused to get any pictures taken. My boyfriend was so upset and said I want memories with us and the kids. I didn't want any memory that I had gained this weight!
  • soullightprisms
    Options
    When my daughter's dad died from the combination of his overeating and drug addiction. It was a wake-up call that I was also unhealthy. That happened last year and it has taken me a year to process the pain of his loss. I am now getting myself healthy so that I can be here for my kids and do all the fun things that my weight has kept me from
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,993 Member
    Options
    We had had a family barbeque and I wad feeling sick and tired no energy and just feeling depressed and after everyone left I was online and ran across mfp and thought I really need to do this.100+lbs seemed impossible so I decided to just concentrate on 10 lbs, so that is what I did now I am 115 lbs lighter
  • kristennikco
    Options
    When even my "period pants" would not fit over my hips, I knew.
  • I got tired of seeing my body having no energy and being lazy I have two babies to watch and my energy cant match them also got tired of my depression so I decided to do something about it
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    Honestly??? I finally realized I was on a USS Enterprise, Warp Speed Ahead collision course with not being able to wipe my own *kitten*. A thought that was thoroughly revolting and finally woke me up to the fact that I had gotten out of control.

Well, you asked! :o)
  • danncarter
    Options
    My nephew asked me to ride a roller-coaster with him. I am too fat to be strapped into the ride. I had to leave in front of a very large crowd of people. I have never been more embarrassed. Next year I want to ride that roller-coaster with my nephew.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bumping for more stories.
This discussion has been closed.