What was your "last straw"???

Options

Replies

• TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You would THINK it would be when I stepped on the scale and saw my highest weight....but instead I said F trying and went and ate poutine. lol.
    The last straw has been a series of seeing photos that look horrendous, bigger pant size etc.
  • Italian_mom
    Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Stepping on the scale and seeing my highest weight ever!
  • nevergiveup51
    nevergiveup51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was scheduled for lap band surgery and had to lose weight before I could get the procedure done so I started to lose weight and figured I don't need the damn surgery after all I used to be weight watchers member for years but I like this much better.
  • shirochan
    shirochan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to love cosplaying until I saw pictures of myself. I looked HORRIBLE, no matter how hard I worked on my costumes. My body just looked awful in everything. My weight made me hate my favorite hobby. More than anything, I want to start cosplaying again and actually enjoy doing it
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Having to buy a shirt in the "big and tall" store, when I'm not overly tall.....or, seeing pictures of myself at social gatherings. That did it for me.
  • susiepops
    susiepops Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    After retiring I sat all through the winter feeling really happy then spring came and I had gained 7 pounds on top of already being two and a half stone heavier than I wanted to be :) At that rate i got concerned. Have since lost three stone thanks to this web site.
  • kittiesandfarts
    kittiesandfarts Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks on my arms and stomach... YUCK! And they're bright pink. They've got to go!
  • RetroS6
    RetroS6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Attempting to get into some of my old, favourtie clothing and failing greatly.

Seeing recent photographs.
  • PudgyQ
    PudgyQ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Being on a girls weekend at the beach and had my picture taken. When we were looking at the pictures, I couldn't believe that was actually me! I was horrified. I had been ignoring mirrors so long and ultimately burying my head in the sand, that was my wake up call. Cut the picture out, put in my journal, took my measurements and stepped on the scale after many years.
    Joined MFP after seeing so many friends on FB had joined. A lifestyle change is in order, I am going on a beach vacation in February with my boyfriend and I plan to look much BETTER in a bathing suit!
  • melting_glass
    melting_glass Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Seeing myself in that pic on my profile where I'm in the blue shirt. I'm a young & attractive girl, I shouldn't be hiding it under globs of fat!! Gross. That doesn't even look like the real me.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I was sick of guys telling me that if only my personality was in ratio with my looks.
    I hated how I looked in the mirror and when I weighed myself, I was 101 kg.
    I told a guy that I had feelings for him and he turned me down for being too big. After I lost almost 60 pounds, he reconnected with me ,telling me how pretty I am, flirting with me and asking me out. I turned that sucker down hard :bigsmile:

:heart: :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • ManderWebb
    Options
    I volunteer on Sunday evenings at a local horse rescue, and when I was drenched in sweat from cleaning stalls and the other girls were not, I realized I needed to quit making excuses and actually try to make a change instead of just complaining about it.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Getting a pulmonary embolism in my right lung and being stuck in hospital for 28 days because I was so fat.
  • katelynal
    Options
    It took significant physical pain to make me wake up. I was actually thinking about getting new furniture to accommodate my hugeness :noway:
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I left a job I hated and came home depressed and ate some ice cream. Sooooo since I was going to be home I figured I could start my diet----well I got on the scale and weighed in at 251 pounds and got off in shock. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN???? I have never weighed that even when pregnant, and sat down and had a pity party for over an hour. Well, I started my OWN business and got myself a trainer ( I do her dog for free as I am a groomer) and she told me this was the rest of my life and I was to never diet again. I am now on my forever adventure with my new LIFESTYLE change and am doing great and am happy and I will NEVER go back again. I love my life.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I love to go on vacation, and walk around.. I wish i could walk more! especially because i live 2 blocks from Lake Michigan and the wonderful lakefront and Lincoln Park! but I cant enjoy those things too well because its too hard to walk thanks to all this weight im lugging around and feet hurt so bad.

so that was the last straw - not being able to enjoy my vacation walking around seeing stuff.. and losing out on a quality of life.

I also got some health problems that i believe caused me to have to have surgery.

So since i felt like I pretty much died, i decided this is no way to live. life was just working, coming home, eating, and being a couch potato and watching tv.

now that i've lost 38 pounds, even that little bit,, I feel like Im coming alive again,, having renewed energy to be able to walk more and do things better. That is a huge reward. coming back from the dead.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Last straw well I don't know if this is it or not. I'm just starting over again. I had a terrible fall 10 days ago. And i'm in a lot of back pain. It came to me if I wasn't so heavy and clumsy I wouldn't hurt this much.
    I can't do exercise but I can certainly watch what I eat.

To Nonny Mary what's this 38 lbs a little bit that's wonderful.

See you all lighter
  • stargazr246
    Options
    Looking in the mirror didn't help, but when someone patted my belly and asked when I was due, I knew something had to change!!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My "last straw" was similar to Onmyweigh's. Spring of 2012 I was at my daughter's college graduation. It was in the 90's, it was a busy week-end on campus and I was hot and uncomfortable in my new clothes for the occasion. When I finally saw the pictures from the day, I cried because I was positive I had ruined the photos and the day for her. I started exercising and dieting at that point. I lost 30 pounds last year, but hit a wall this spring. My friend introduced me to mfp a couple of months ago. So...this is a renewal for me. Accountability. I def. need it!
  • jewells233
    Options
    my last straw was in one year going from 233 to 267 that when I went UN and start HMR
This discussion has been closed.