Exercise from Apple Watch not syncing

Options

Answers

• Chad_78
    Chad_78 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Same here. I have sent multiple emails to MyFitnessPal reporting the issue over the past week, and have yet to hear a response (so much for the accelerated customer support advertised for premium members). Also have a thread open here. I'm surprised that MyFitnessPal has not at least acknowledged this huge bug yet, let alone supplied a fix ETA.

As an interim solution, I add a "Cardio" workout in MyFitnessPal (even though it is not the type of workout I accomplished), and manually add the calories burned as tracked by Apple Health. If you select "Strength" in MFP, it will not let you add calories. It's a PITA, but better than the significant caloric deficiency I experienced the week before I realized MFP stopped importing Apple Health data.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, ensuring all sharing permission are "on", etc, nothing has worked to date.
  • Chad_78
    Chad_78 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Just to add; I've sent multiple customer support requests (apparently they are supposed to be prioritized if you have a premium membership like I do, however they have not even been responded to to date), uninstalled/reinstalled app, double checked app sharing permissions, etc. None of the suggested actions have fixed the significant error.

I'm very disappointed with MyFitnessPal's customer service to date; they are not responding to emails, and have not publicly acknowledged the significant error effecting any user who tracks workouts in Apple Health.
  • hzelnut
    hzelnut Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Is everyone else still having syncing issues? I am it hasn’t synced my workout for a few days. Has anyone had any luck with getting an ETA from tech support? Thanks
  • volcano62
    volcano62 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Chad_78 wrote: »
    Same. What makes it worse is that MFP's workout interface is so terrible. I lift weights, but in order to count workout calories burned via Apple Health I have to select "cardio" on MFP instead of "strength" under workouts, and manually enter the calories form my Apple Health app. I don't know why I am paying $79 a year for this, it's literally making tracking fitness goals harder rather than easier. Going to file a chargeback dispute with my card carrier to get a refund if this is not addressed soon.

Has MFP even acknowledged this error yet and planned a fix? Seems like it is affecting all users.

They have not acknowledged anything at all…let us know if you get refunded
  • hzelnut
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I have the same experience with their support. Multiple emails back that tell me nothing and still same issue with workouts not syncing from apple health. Someone did finally say they are working on it and understand my frustration. But that was 3 days ago and still no update or anything.
  • curlingdude201
    curlingdude201 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I have the same issue and filed a bug with support. Hopefully they release a bug fix shortly.
  • volcano62
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I have the same issue and filed a bug with support. Hopefully they release a bug fix shortly.

Thanks keep us posted!
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I am still having this issue, what I noticed is that it only updates some of the workouts and it takes a few hours to do so.
  • MySeniorFitness
    MySeniorFitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sure has been working for months .. apple update and .. does not work for days. Very frustrating. developers should have known about the update and verified that there would be no issue with the IOS update. I am sure apple changed something with the interface .. If it does not get fixed i will have to cancel my subscription and go with another tracking app.
    I am a bit surprised that they don't have a developer monitoring this thread. Not like the subscription is free.
  • jamesacapes
    jamesacapes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Completely same experience for me and my wife. Workouts from Apple Health/Activities/Workouts not transferring. I have reinstalled MFP, made sure all the buttons were on….nothing. Please help!
  • zeik777
    zeik777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • denise5470
    denise5470 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here thinking of cancelling subscription if not sorted soon
  • johntime
    johntime Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Late to the party, but same! Glad it’s not just
    me.

I followed all the support guides to no avail. Raised a support ticket over the weekend.

As many have said it’s really annoying, this used to work so well, but having to manually add a cardio workout with the additional calories is pretty poor form from MFP.

I don’t know what other apps are out there as always used MFP but if it’s not fixed soon I’ll be looking for something else.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 210 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I was still having the problem after 6 days and also sent an email to the support address.
    I received this response pretty quickly:
    "Hi,
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the problem regarding exercises and weight entries not syncing from Apple Health to MyFitnessPal, and are currently working on a resolution.
    For now, what might help restore the sync is if you visit the "NewsFeed" section in the app.
    If this does not help, please know we hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause until then. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

Guess what? Going to the newsfeed worked for me and my exercise for today appeared!
  • Batmanswife1
    Batmanswife1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Same here!!
  • hzelnut
    Options
    Same for me! Yay
  • otrops
    otrops Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Just jumping in to say I'm also having this issue.

[Edit]
    I noted that some posts have already highlighted the fix that is noted here:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032274552-Known-Issues-iOS-App

I can confirm that refreshing the newsfeed syncs the Workouts.
  • volcano62
    Options
    perryc05 wrote: »
    I was still having the problem after 6 days and also sent an email to the support address.
    "Hi,
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the problem regarding exercises and weight entries not syncing from Apple Health to MyFitnessPal, and are currently working on a resolution.
    For now, what might help restore the sync is if you visit the "NewsFeed" section in the app.
    If this does not help, please know we hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause until then. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

Guess what? Going to the newsfeed worked for me and my exercise for today appeared!
    perryc05 wrote: »
    "Hi,

Thanks this is much appreciated!
  • spunup85
    spunup85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same. Incredibly frustrating. Tech support never got back to me. I tried removing app and reinstalling on my phone to see if resolve issue (after I synced data). Once reinstalled, I lost all of todays data and cannot restore it even if I sync my iPad which still has the data and then sync the phone. Buggy, buggy update. It should never have been released.
This discussion has been closed.