Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker

I do buy the hormone imbalance thing.
    I must say that I am very glad to be out the other side of that though.

Everything should be green and fresh for your trip up from the Spokane airport. Today we begin 6 days of rain.
    So weird, last year at this time it was 41C, this year raining and 17C.

So excited for you and your trip, and also for getting to meet you in person!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I'm Dawn
    I joined this thread in November 2018. I had my first AF day soon thereafter. It was hard! I stayed with one AF day per week for awhile and then gradually increased that.

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I am drinking less for weight loss. 20 more pounds to shed still.

Diary Style

Wednesday June 01 - AF - Planning AF for Thursday. No plan for the weekend just yet.
    Thursday June 02 - AF - Reluctantly. I worked very hard in my yard before and after work, putting in many hours. I really really felt like having drinks, but I guess that I say that pretty much every day. Planning drinks Friday night after my hair dying appointment.

Rolling total: 2AF days out of 2 days (4AF days out of 5 for this week so far)
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Couple of glasses of wine last night. DH wanted to go pick up a bottle. We chatted about it and I told him I have no problem with picking up 1 bottle but not 6 to get the discount. Also that I like the glass of wine on Friday evening ... can he support me on none on Sunday evening so that I meet my "no more than 2 alcohol days in a row goal"? We will see.

June accountability: 1 days AF
    Alcohol: 2 days (4 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

6/1 - 2 glasses wine; DH returned to work after a month off and gave a 10 day notice retiring / resigning
    6/2 - AF
    6/3 - 2 wine

Today:
    I have a girls brunch today but that is easy for me to skip the Mimosas & Bloody Mary since I'll be with my pregnant daughter
    Plan 1 drink & lots of water; DH’s brother has a big retirement party this evening at a local brewery
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @lmlmrn I didn’t realize they were on a public street, I thought they just drove into the business’s lot! I hope you get the two hour parking approval. Sounds so frustrating to have to deal with. Godspeed!

Oh and I also love the sock family!!!! Thanks for posting the picture!

Had a beer and two glasses of wine last night, so much for my one drink per day on the weekend. Tonight I have a party, so I’m definitely only nursing one glass of wine. Micro-sips to the rescue!

Finally was able to drop my boat off at the marina to get the initial painting with the anti-fouling paint so I can put it in the water for the season. They kept telling me about the huge backlog of other work they had to do. Fingers crossed we can get her in the slip next weekend, and start sailing! It’s been frustrating that she’s been on my driveway so far all season.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @lmlmrn

Yes, we have "brunch", let's make up a name for the lunch dinner combo!

@Womona
    How exciting that you will be getting your boat in the water soon!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I'm Dawn
    I joined this thread in November 2018. I had my first AF day soon thereafter. It was hard! I stayed with one AF day per week for awhile and then gradually increased that.

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month. So trying to keep it to 3A days per week or less.

Diary Style

Wednesday June 01 - AF - Planning AF for Thursday. No plan for the weekend just yet.
    Thursday June 02 - AF - Reluctantly. I worked very hard in my yard before and after work, putting in many hours. I really really felt like having drinks, but I guess that I say that pretty much every day. Planning drinks Friday night after my hair dying appointment.
    Friday June 03 - 2 drinks. Might have drinks Saturday.

Rolling total: 2AF days out of 3 days (4AF days out of 5 for this week so far)
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn

@Womona

Ok how about I just call those meals chinner.........lunch/dinner I can make that work

We attended a small town rodeo this afternoon. It was wonderful. Ole fashioned presenting of the flags, national anthem and a public prayer. Mostly High School and young adults competing (in the sprinkling rain) There were the funnies like trying to milk the cow (who was having non of it), a chariot race. Just fun. Then we went out for chinner and a beer
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn

@Womona

I call it “dinch”!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Starting a new week AF - hoping to have another great week. I tried "Curious Elixir" mocktails last week and enjoyed them a lot. Number 2 was my favorite.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I so totally relate to what you are saying @Womona. If I even dare to have soup and I love soup, the sodium in it will add on 5 lbs. My physiology is off. My kids tell me I am just finally getting old and I am lucky I got this far. I feel like PMS for the past 4 months. It's not fair.

The stress level here is mega-high with husband knowing my 2 kids with their "spouses" and "pet" children are sleeping over my house and they stay up late. One comes with a large barking dog. It's not going to sit well with our baby quail (we have about 15) and bunnies in the backyard. Or with my neighbors. Kids like to raid my pantry and husband's beer fridge. I choose not to worry. After all, I still have half a bag of Ghirardelli semi-sweet mini chocolate chips to get me thru the next couple of days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I'm Dawn

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month. So trying to keep it to 3A days per week or less.

Diary Style

Friday June 03 - 2 drinks. Might have drinks Saturday.
    Saturday June 04 - 3 drinks. The smallest bottle of Prosecco that I can get is 300ml. I wish that I could get it in the 150ml bottles like I can the Henkell. I really only always want one glass of it, but it is too expensive to not drink the second.
    Sunday June 05 - AF - Planning AF until Thursday.

Rolling total: 3AF days out of 5 days