WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,590 Member
    edited June 2022
    Flea thanks for letting me know it wasn’t just me… ;)
    Katla do the nesting baskets look like these? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clearance-Hummingbird-House-For-Outside-Grass-Hanging-Birds-House-For-Nesting-Hand-Woven/476769431?athbdg=L1400 Would love to hang some in our rhodies. The smaller, “baby” male visited the feeder a lot today. He is very handsome with iridescent emerald frosting on his shoulders and ruby at this throat. The “baby” female stopped by once, but I accidentally scared her off when I moved. :{
    Lisa and Lanette we used to enjoy camping (in a camper, with and without indoor plumbing) but the last time we went it was so inconvenient (in van with portapotty) and crowded with unruly teenagers we looked at each other and said why are we doing this? We scooted home, and “camped out” at our picnic table in the woods above the sea, just steps from our indoor plumbing, hot showers and queen sized bed. :laugh:
    Lanette the idea that our county planning/building department assessed road conditions… well it is to laugh. But I will stop by the county offices the next time I’m in Gold Beach to see what I can learn. Thanks!
    Debbie So sorry for all you and your DH and his mother are going through. ((hugs))
    Michele loved all the Heinlein Juveniles. Especially when I realized that Grandma Hazel in the Rolling Stones was little Hazel in the Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    Rori, love the scenery, love the smiles even more.
    Machka ((hugs)) no wonder you’re exhausted. Hope your new job is quieter and less “social”.
    Lisa You must be quite a gal to have such a wonderful (scorching lecture) friend. Never doubted it.
    KJ “But for the most part, I have always gotten along with boys/men a lot more. I just felt that they aren't quite as demanding of my time and emotional involvement.” Truth this wth the exception of my gay male friends. BUT that all changed when my career path shifted to IT. I became “one of the guys” and ohmigosh learned all kinds of things I never wanted to know about male pack behavior. :astonished: Here in Brookings I have 3 female friends I could count on to help joe with paperwork and stuff if I go first, and of course all you most wonderful and dear friends on this thread. My truly BFF friend for 30+ years passed in 2005 and I still miss her.
    Welcome @shebuggs and happy August birthday!
    Heather I am sooo excited for your trip. Bon voyage, travel safe and have the most fun EVER!
    Allie that was so kind of you to text Kyle. He’s a lucky SIL.
    Pip Bravo Kirby and Yogi! :love: Yogi’s medal.
    Rita ((hugs)) so hard when DH digs in heels and won’t give an inch. ((hugs)) Fingers Xd for soonest possible appointment.
    Terri your DH cooked dinner on Fathers’ day? Oh maybe not Fathers Day in the UK. Bet you are lucky either way.
    Kylia so sorry for the sudden loss of your BFF 11 years ago. What a shock.
    Karen ((hugs)) no experience here but whooshing you comfort and hope.
    Sue take care, please do not make that poor ankle worse.
    Margaret it is hard to abstain Drew from vaccinations, especially if you ever need to board her. Glad you found a sympathetic vet. Believe there is no legal way around the Rabies vaccine until a dog is very advanced in years.

Thought about Rori’s and Machka’s pictures this morning as I was driving to church along the Pacific Ocean. Blue sky, blue sea, glorious white clouds, lifted my spirits. Thought of other natural sights that brought me joy: long purple sunset shadows chasing across the high desert foothills of Boise, the SF bay like silk as I rode the AC transit bus to work, the lights of Ukiah welcoming Mama and me home from shopping trips to “the city” of Santa Rosa, snow capped rocks in the Merced River on the way to Yosemite in winter with BFF. What blessings, what memories.

What vistas ease your heart and lift your spirits?

Done:
    6/18 Move: pt, 3.5 loads laundry, pecan pie prep, steps:3624
    Fuel: protein=62 g sugar=95 g fruit:1 vegs:3
    Live: Joe, rX, readings

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,479 Member
    Did Biggest Loser the Workout DVD (one section) then a section of a yoga DVD then took a walk around the block. Boy, did that feel good! Work tomorrow so no formal exercise

Made a meatloaf for this week and some for the freezer, turkey burgers, more chocolate bran muffins, then went in the pool. Vince is power washing the driveway and only one person can do that at a time.

Rori – love the bright smiles on everyone’s faces. Sounds like you did have a fantastic time, which is great

Remember I told you I stubbed my toe? Well, it was starting to heal and guess what I did at church last night? Yup, restubbed it. Now it’s back to being swollen. Just gotta give it time, that’s all

I’ve heard of Home Instead. As a matter of fact, I think they have an office (or whatever) here in NC

pip – LOVE Yogi’s medal

Debbie – oh no!

Denise and Jess called Vince today. One more week for Jess in Iowa! I really think Denise is very overwhelmed now that Pete is working 10 days in a row. She seemed really glad that PJ didn’t take a nap so went to bed early so she could veg out in front of the TV

Heather – looking forward to pics

Went for a walk around the block after dinner, then watered the plants, then started on a new puzzle. The last one I got so frustrated with that I just gave up. Putting puzzles together should be enjoyable, not frustrating.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,997 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbara — A neighbor gave me 3 of the baskets for hummingbirds. The birds still drink sugar water from the feeders. I put the baskets in my shrubs but didn’t see any humming birds in them. The birds are still drinking sugar water from my feeders.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,475 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Jake had a good Fathers Day. He heard from both his kids and his oldest grandchild, I fixed burgers with no buns (beef for him, turkey for me) and corn on the cob for lunch, beautiful weather for a bit of work in the yard, the first signs of zucchini sprouts are showing, and a tiny tomato is on the plant along with many flowers.

:'( We are sad without Sasha and taking life one day at a time.

:)Heather, Bon Voyage

:) We see the peaks of the Olympic Mountains when we walk in our neighborhood and when we drive to town. It never gets old.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I was up in your direction this weekend, Barbie. I do love the Olympics.

My mother is in the hospital. It's just a UTI, but it caused her to fall (?). Nothing broken and no bruising, so she went down softly, just missing her coffee table. She lay there for 30 minutes before pushing her panic button (she wears it on her wrist). The fire department came to get her off the floor and on to the couch and asked if she is good, and she said no. She couldn't move. So they called the EMTs, who came and took her to the emergency room. This was Thursday evening, so Friday was a frantic time trying to figure out what was happening and what was going to happen. I think this is it. I told my niece that this was our warning, and we weren't going to get another one, so we are pushing to get her put into rehab for the 20 days, and then, after that evaluation, we are hoping to get her into assisted living. It is sad, really, because we both would love to have her come live with us, but we have blown by that possibility. I don't even have the ability to help her roll over in bed, let alone, get her up and to the commode. Her spirits are still pretty good, and we gave her some loving teasing today, which I think she enjoyed. I came back home tonight because I need to be at work this week, but I'll go back up on Friday, to wherever she will be at the time -- still in the hospital? in rehab? These UTIs for older people are crazy. She didn't have much in her to begin with, but she's got nothing left now. No strength. Won't eat. It's super frustrating.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

(((Hugs)))

It seems to me my grandmother went about the same way, and "blown by that possibility" describes her progression.

The plan was to move her from a lightly assisted living place to fully assisted living but while waiting for that to happen, my aunt and uncle took her home to live with them ... then she was in hospital ... and that was that.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    auntiebk wrote: »

Thought about Rori’s and Machka’s pictures this morning as I was driving to church along the Pacific Ocean. Blue sky, blue sea, glorious white clouds, lifted my spirits. Thought of other natural sights that brought me joy: long purple sunset shadows chasing across the high desert foothills of Boise, the SF bay like silk as I rode the AC transit bus to work, the lights of Ukiah welcoming Mama and me home from shopping trips to “the city” of Santa Rosa, snow capped rocks in the Merced River on the way to Yosemite in winter with BFF. What blessings, what memories.

What vistas ease your heart and lift your spirits?

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Most workday mornings, my bus goes past a neighbouring beach. Although I usually look at my phone on the long bus journey to the city, I stop and look at the beach when we go by. The water, the sunrise, the people swimming or stand-up paddling, occasionally dolphins, once a whale.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    26uu4c4oag83.png
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,597 Member
    Good morning ladies-

I was on anti-depressants for a 6 month or so period about 20 years ago. Celexa. I can still recall the time and place the "fog lifted". And it helped me make the decision to quit a very high stress job by cutting the chatter. Left the job, and was able to wean off them.

Sounds like magic mushrooms (psilocybin) are now being used as anti-depressants. I ran across a YouTube presentation by Dr. Rhonda Patrick who I've been following for a while. Note the comments by viewers about micro-dosing, and other testimonials from folks who have been helped by using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyvQsUxxYX8&amp;t=3s

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,149 Member
    <3