WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,808 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,619 Member
    edited June 2022
    Katie - I hope you get to take that trip with your mum. Your dad was obviously well loved . 😍 <3<3

Heather xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,597 Member
    1948CWB wrote: »
    (((Kay and Family)))

When I moved all the furniture in my den two weeks ago, I think I injured my replaced knee (4 yrs ago). Now it hurts to bend it, sit up and down, and go down the stairs. Guess I'm going to have to go see my ortho dr.

Carol in GA

Carol - hugs! Hopefully just a pulled ligament or something that's taking it's time to heal. Sending you lots of good wishes!

Heather - I just went online to the library and Martha Beck's book is downloaded on my kindle and ready to read. I read Beck's "Expecting Adam" years ago and I still get shivers thinking about how she dealt with that pregnancy and turned what some considered to be a negative experience into a positive one, and how she gained strength and hope. Maybe it's time to reread it.

Lanette B)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 640 Member
    Thanks Kylia, that's exactly it... disappointed.

Kay, I'm so very sorry for you, but "thrilled" for your father. God rest his precious soul. Sending love and prayers for comfort and peace for your family. <3

Back to work-Tuesday!

Carla, in MN
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,166 Member
    Katie- prayers for you and your family- take time for you and special time with your mom
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2022
    This is a bright, bright sunshiny day. The river is sparkling and I set my glasses to darken in the bright morning light.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,412 Member
    Barbie, I have never gotten the hang of listening to books, but I am willing to give it another try. I like the idea of it!

Karen in Virginia
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Katie - prayers for you and your family that you get through the next few days. Celebrate the good memories.

Beautiful day here. Saw ortho yesterday. I am to continue doing what I am doing now and add PT twice a week for 6 weeks. He also recommended seeing a podiatrist for possible orthotics. Apparently my feet roll to the inside which makes me less stable
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Not sure what happened there. Will be teaching water exercise on Thursday.

Welcome back SueB.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 970 Member

Here are the kittens my son and DIL are fostering. The tiny one in the middle weighs only a few ounces.

Karen in Virginia

This is exactly why I don't foster dogs and cats. I could never give them up, especially kittens (if not for the mister and travel, I'd be a "crazy cat lady")! Just look at them!! <3 Respect to your son and DIL for doing that.

Like Barbie, I like non-fiction in audio book. They seem less "clinical" that way.

Kay-So sorry for your loss. 🤗

I don't know if any of you recall me complaining about my feet always feeling like I stood for 10 hours on them. Well, they are improving and I think it was my vitamins causing it. I ran out of them, didn't replace them, and it started to improve. The same thing happened a couple of years ago. I was having a different, but equally perplexing issue and as soon as I stopped taking that particular vitamin (different from this recent one), it stopped. I will see how I feel sans multi-vitamin.

About domestic help-I had a cleaner come every two weeks for a long time, when I was working full time outside of the house. It was a nice treat to come home to a spiffy place. However, now that I work from home, as does the mister most of the time, I just don't like having someone here doing that when I'm here. And he complains that they never do it "right" (yet, he will not do it). So, the house is just a cluttered, dusty mess and I'm trying very hard to learn to be OK with it.

Pharmaceuticals-
    I have not been in a true depressive state. I don't know what it feels like, but I know it exists. I know some who truly needed meds, at least for a short period of time, to just make it through the day.

However, of my close friend circle consisting of 10-12 people, all of them are on antidepressants. That just seems a bit on the high side, to me. Maybe it's always been like this, but now they just feel more comfortable talking about it?

I prefer to try to deal with my stress, aches, and pains without meds as often as I can. I just don't want those to be the "go to" when there is an issue.

I have deep respect for those of you in or who have been in caregiver positions and those dealing with very stressful situations. I hope you all get whatever help you need to make life better.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,008 Member
    Well im home with Alfie.. im guessing Dan has landed and is trying to navigate LAX..
    I hope he has a great time..
    Im still tired after all this running around and im just going to relax this afternoon...because i have thr munchkin again tomorrow.. he slept for 2 hours today.. he is getting extra chatty..
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,589 Member
    Karen, Machka, Flea, Lisa, Lanette, Carla, Katla, Carol, Rita, Margaret, Kim, Barbie, Kelly, Kylia, pip, Rori, Tracey, Heather, Etina et al, while sad to read of the struggles, love the honesty and genuine desire to be of service. Honored to claim you all as friends.

Karen the Rev Rose’s poem, wow, just wow. Looking at your foster grandkittens melts my heart.
    Warmest welcome back @Suebdew. Bookmarking helps find the thread again, click the ribbon til it turns blue, then it will show under "My Bookmarks"
    kkqo21cuj64w.jpg

Kay ((hugs)) whooshing peace and comfort to you and your family.
    Machka ((hugs)) held extra long. Wish I could borrow Lanette’s teleporter and visit you a few hours a week to help you organize your office. I must love paperwork, I have so much of it! :laugh:
    Lanette “ . . . can't wait to complain about the heat…” here too. From a high of 56 to a high of 77 has us panting, seeking shade in which to sip cold ones. :laugh: Absolutely love the story of the cleaner and your DH’s “business.”
    Carol Oww! Better sooner than later, imho.
    Brava, new Margaret, bravissima!
    Heather, line dancing on a cruise ship with a posh suite and champagne? Thank you for letting me enjoy vicariously without the expense and hassle of schlepping bags ;)
    Sue good luck with PT, its been very helpful to me.
    Tina “a cluttered, dusty mess” here too. Maybe I’d like it better if I took better care of it ;{

Time to get out there and play in the dirt before it gets too hot (75F hahahaha)!

Done:
    6/20: Move: 1 set pt, pt appt, hour line dancing, steps: 7187
    Fuel: protein=60 g sugar=115! g fruit=1 vegs=2
    Live: Joe, readings x 2, watered D’s plants and listened to neighbor, reconciled sa, Library, Post Office, Freddie’s, Grocery Outlet

6/19 Move: make pecan pie and walnut tartlets, veg prep for fellowship, dogs to powerline, made fresh batch of hummingbird nectar, pecan pie prep, steps:3875
    Fuel: protein=54 g sugar=74 g fruit=2 vegs=9
    Live: Joe, church, council

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.