WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,697 Member
    Katie Bug - thinking of you, with the loss of your dad. No matter how ready, the loss is always hard, sending you hugs, and thoughts of peace to you, and your mom.

Kim in N. California
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,997 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,475 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Have been following the anti-depressant comments with interest. I opted against medication at the moment but will revisit if necessary. I’m going to concentrate on exercise and sleep for right now.

My father finally got his prayers answered this morning when he “went home.” Prayers for us to get through the next few days, then I can concentrate on that sleep and exercise. Maybe even take my mama on a little road trip. We shall see. He lived a rich and full life, pretty healthy for most of his 93 years.

93 years is a good long life.

Hugs ((( :heart: )))
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,008 Member
    Dr Katie Bug- my deepest condolences.. even at the ripe old age of 93 losing a parent is hard .my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Slept like a rock on the new bed,so did Alfie lol
    Dan boards in about 15 min.
    That crazy kid had me up at 3 this morning and out the door by 3:15 to get up to the airport for a 7 am flight.. not say he was excited or anything lol.
    I came back home and went back to sleep for an hour. Now to go take care of the not so little guy..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,847 Member
    Kay- (((sending hugs))) for the loss of your dad. 93 years is a remarkable lifetime! Peace and comfort to you and your famiy. <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Kay-Hugs and prayers. Share those wonderful memories with each other.

Kylia greeting the day in Ohio
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    DrKatiebug - Hugs!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,008 Member
    Well sleeping baby on my lap,and Dan is in flight as we speak..i hope he has a great time..
    I did come back home and got another almost hour and a 1/2 of sleep
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,233 Member
    DrKatiebug so sorry for your loss. 93 is a good long life. Take care of yourself.

Machka you have a heavy burden. You take care of yourself too!

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,149 Member
    <3Kay, so sorry for your loss

:) :)Karen, Have you explored the option of audio books? I've found that I do better with non-fiction (like Heather's suggested book or the one I suggested) as audio rather than sitting down to read them. The other benefit of audio books is that you can listen while you do a chore.

:) Other recommended books for dealing with life's challenges are the ones by Gretchen Rubin that deal with happiness, habit change, and clutter clearing ("Outer Order, Inner Calm")

:)Allie, glad your son got off on his trip. With airports the way they are, it's always best to be there extra early. Glad you got more sleep when you got home.

<3 Barbie in NW WA