Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,091 Member
    Options
    ❤️🙋🏼‍♀️
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Debbie- not free services my FIL owned his house.. they do an assessment of her finances he had a couple of pensions and social security
    And this was when he was more ambulatory, they got him into adult day care, with transportation, meals on wheels, that didn't work out well he would lock them out lol. companions and homemakers would come on the weekends and they got him a life alert which he promptly put on his walker..
    But anyway you get the idea..
    See if you state might have a similar type of program..i hunted it down.. that wasn't through the hospital but i kept up with things.

THANK YOU Allie... I was going to say that if you didn't come back and explain.
    Yes Debbie, LOTS of services, but not many free because of her financial situation. You should still look into them though. You and your husband, especially, should not be dealing with this alone. It's SO HARD. I get it. When we were left with Freddy's mom, we found out just how much his dad had been covering for her and it was devastating to him. We were both working full-time and just couldn't do it. Freddy ended up retiring to take care of her, but even then, emotionally, couldn't watch her decline like she did. Thankfully, his dad left her financially able to afford many services and we were able to bring in home health care aides and nurses. We used a service called Home Instead. They were wonderful. Pretty sure they're nationwide. God Bless you both.

Carla, MN
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Rita I feel you! My DH is a homebody. He never has been good at traveling especially to unfamiliar places. Being blind most likely has a lot to do with it now. I find happiness in driving in my car and finding cool places. We can both dream!

Lanette I know just how expensive black top is! Our driveway is 1/4 mile long and we just blacktopped it last year. We were able to share cost for most of it with SIL who shares driveway.

I leave for one day and am 5 pages behind. Catching up as can!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Ugh ,i feel so bad for my Son in law and my daughter today...
    They ran out of oil so no hot water.. Carmine has just been totally unruly and nasty so this Father's day isnt wonderful and poor Kyle is just so hurt..I offered to pick them up dinner but Tracy said today isnt a good day.
    I did text him and told him I loved him and wished him a Happy Father's day .
    I know his mother wont do that..
    I woke up early at like 2 am and finally went back to sleep around 4 .. going to do some laundry and try and get some stuff done around here to get ready for the new bed ( yeah )
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We’re having a quiet morning at home & DH is asleep in his chair. He needs the rest. I am enjoying the view from our windows. The Osprey is sitting on the gazebo roof. I enjoy watching birds, from the Osprey & hummingbirds to herons. I am not a fan of a local bird eating yellow tomcat. :noway:
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    All caught up! Hugs!
    I have had a relaxing day so far. DH wanted to go to The All Ford Garage for dinner today. It is a no go. They have a 2-3 hour wait without call ahead seating or reservations. It would be different if we only lived 20 mins away as we could put our name in and go home. We live an hour away. One of these days we will get there.

Girlfriends- I have a couple that I keep in touch with on FB . Two are from elementary school. One from Jr High. And two from HS. One local. My closest girlfriends are from the Philippines. We don't see each other often, but are always a call or text away. My BFF was killed in a car accident on the 4th of July 11 years ago. She was part of our Philippines group. We did a girls trip a few years ago and it was fabulous! I miss them.

More later. Started this then helped DH with something, then took a nap. Nap? Yes really. Strange dreams which I don't usually remember, but nap at any rate. Heading out for food.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Karen - i am on 100mg of zoloft and it seems to help me alot...
    I was on 50 mg and felt i needed it upped a bit.. i have been on and off them for years..
    Right now they are working.. find the ones that work best for you..
    I have bloodwork in the morning,so nothing after midnight.
    Heather - have a great time on the cruise !!!
    Tracy boiled water on the stove for Miles bath.. they went to Popeyes and gotnlunch,Walmart and for ice cream ,Carmine was miserable but at least they were all together...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- going to Father’s Day walk- 43.17min, 35elev, 2.95ap, 1.94mi= 181c
    Strava app = 222c
    Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 33min 58sec, vacuum, dust, laundry fold and put away, make new hummingbird bird food, fill fountains = 681c

Total cal 862