WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    walked MIL's dog then walked with my friend this evening(after working in the garden)- at almost 15,000 steps today- will have that before going to bed, even if I have to run to the corner and back or jog in place for a bit.
    Tomorrow I should get about the same- walking MIL's dog and then zumba tomorrow night.

It really cooled down compared to yesterday. Asthma is trying to kick in so will grab a hot steamy shower and will feel better.
    Need to get to bed early so I can be over at MIL's early in the morning. Need to walk the dog while dh has a video call with her doctor then he and I are going to go buy a new recliner. The one he was going to sleep in(to be in the room with her) broke last night. Tonight he is in the other one that has no electrical outlet so no CPAP plus has to leave the hall light on so she doesn't trip again. Not sure why the light is bugging him tonight- he falls to sleep here with the light on every night.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We live beside the Columbia River. Water levels are high. So far we are okay. Keeping my fingers crossed that water levels remain moderate. 🙏🏻

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I am catching up after a couple of days of not taking notes. I spent Friday evening with Rodger and yesterday I went to visit a 2nd cousin of mine and didn’t get home until 10pm.

Unexpected Guests - I would not be surprised at all to have my brother show up at my door some day. He keeps telling me that he’s going to. I don’t worry about surprise visitors though and wish that people stopped in unexpectedly more often. I miss the days of unplanned things.

Rebecca - that sounds like a wonderful day.

Barbie - Hugs to you and Jake. Pets are our family.

Michele - I put $50 in my car and it only gave me a half tank. My cousin texted me the other night that it cost $150 for her husbands half ton.
    The prices really need to come down.

Allie - I like your new picture.

Heather - I need to do my roots too. I should go get the dye for that and maybe a burger on my way home.

Lisa - I’m glad the visit turned out well.

Katie - You’re dealing with a lot right now, sorry about the cat.

Carla - congratulations to your daughters team.

Ginny - that is a long walk. My back would be killing me.

Carol - I don’t know how people are going to eat. This is getting pricy.

Kylia - I wouldn’t be taking my vehicles there either.

I did a deep clean of my house today, it was the first time in a looooong time. I am sure I’ll be feeling it some tomorrow. I talked to me exercise therapist on Friday, when I told her that walking at the fair last weekend hurt for 2-3 days she told me that it’s a good sign. I’m healing, it’s not setting me back, I just have more to go before I’m pain free. It’s been a journey. Kaitlyn will be married three years on July 6th and that was the day I got injured.

I’m watching a special I had recorded on PBS called Clint Black the hits and the Mrs. His wife is Lisa Hartman, from Knots Landing days. She still looks ok.
    Their daughter is singing too and she has a beautiful voice.

Im mentally preparing myself for the week ahead. It’s supposed to rain everyday from today until next Wednesday. I hope the forecast is wrong.

Tomorrow Rodger and I will be married 35 years. It sure doesn’t seem it in some ways, in others it seems like 80.

bckqoiip6eqa.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton

Happy anniversary Tracey~~ I totally understand what you mean. Dh and I will be having our 30yr anniversary in Sept- sometimes it doesn't seem that long but oh, other times, at least 80!~
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary Tracy!

<3

Sue in WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Tracey
    🥂💞 Happy Anniversary 💞🥂
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Tracey!

I always have to stop and think how long my husband and I have been married because we got married in Canada where I was living, and 10 days later he returned to Australia. We didn't live together until 9 months into our marriage. So usually, I feel like we haven't been married as long as we have been. :)

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Tracey! ❤️⭐️❤️⭐️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Another quick fly by visit as my gynae checkup is early this morning.

I have read up to date but no time for individual comments.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri
  • Machka9
    Options
    Chilly out there!! At least the wind had died down a bit.

BTW - the house behind us in the photo is for sale ... for 1.5 million.

r1n3n0z6b5uu.png

M in Oz
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary Tracey!

Ginny in Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Tracey Happy Anniversary! Great picture!

Unexpected guests- I miss those days when folks would just stop by. My thought is I am stopping to see the person, not their house. I quit stressing about overnight guests. Wipe down bathroom and fresh sheets on guest bed and I am good to go.

Dh and I are approaching our 13th wedding anniversary, but have been together for 28 years. WOW!

Time to get ready for work. Have a great day!
    Stay cool in the hot places and warm where cold (Machka)

Kylia in Ohio

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Tracey!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Tracey Happy anniversary!

Katla I'm sure you are keeping a sharp eye on that river. Do you have a basement? Can you move valuables off the ground floor? Do you have an evacuation plan? The whole thing is worrisome.

I'm another one with guest anxiety. But my cousin went back to California, and looking back it was a great visit. Except that I ate the cookies and muffins. Oh well time to start over again.

My uncle is doing very well. Yay! Thanks for your concern.

Have a great day!

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,914 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    @ginnytez thanks for the shout out. things are variable. glad to have gotten a half-chapter (or chapter, 23 pages) sent out yesterday. Hoping to hear from my corrector soon. taxes are due tomorrow. Some other material stuff to tend to. Took care of sending accounts to dentist. there was a glitch and they said they were unable to access their accounts (!!!???) so I had finally tended to that this morning. I have some big stuff to take care of in addition to the writing, and some people who say one thing then another.

Work
    The employeurs I work for are very reputable schools but regularly trying to pull one over on the employees and reduce working conditions. One has to have a lot of effort to even keep the status quo, which is very modest pay. Now they and other schools around the country are ceasing contracts and just hiring sorts of adjuncts (but worse I think) with no legal rights (no vacation, unemployment, representation) nor anything.

Sorry that your work situation isn't very good. Are there other schools which are better?

How is the thesis for your doctorate going? Are you able to tell us generally what area it is in - like Literature, Science, etc.

Machka in Oz