WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,008 Member
    Heather- fantastic photos
    Dan has just landed and I'll go back to sleep.
    Tracey I have seen Garth a couple of times ,first time was when he was first out and about and i paid the money for 6th row floor seat.. man it was awesome..,then another time I saw him somwhere cant remember, third time i saw him,with Tom in Worcester with his wife Trisha Yearwood.. thats who he really wanted to see.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Allie so glad Dan's trip went well.

Tracey have fun with Garth Brooks!

Today is another step in the flea battle. More laundry and vacuuming.

Annie
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,412 Member
    that river gorge...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,149 Member
    :) We drove to Walgreens in the evening yesterday to pick up Jake's newest prescription. First they called to say the insurance wouldn't cover it, then he got an email and a voice mail that said it was ready. LOL. It was late and the store was nearly empty. We went in to look for q tips that were unavailable at the grocery store where we do curbside pick up for groceries. The q tip shelves at Walgreens were empty, too. So I guess now there may a q tip famine. Amazon has them at a slightly inflated price.

<3 Barbie NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,092 Member
    Sorry posted geyser twice.
    nt3aj7tp1cwa.jpg

Love your pics!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 640 Member
    Oh man, Kim. God Bless you honey. Fire is one of my biggest fears. I don't know if I would have made it through that drive! Being married to a volunteer didn't help me either! God Bless those firefighters!!! And then, what does he do? He goes on to 20 years in a big rig! Dang that man!

WONDERFUL PIX, Heather! Thanks!

WELL!!! This is it! Wish them luck. GO BIG or GO HOME!
    Weather is better today. I think I'll be able to handle it.
    GO VIXEN!
    v2kucgxts6y9.png

Carla, in MN
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,533 Member
    Heather ~ Love the gorge photo but it made me shiver thinking about walking along that edge.

Margaret ~ WOW! Poor Drew has been through the wringer with the Vets. So sorry!

Annie ~ How is your pup getting so many fleas? It seems like you have been treating him for months and they don't go away.

Michele ~ You are lucky to have a pool to jump in even though you have said sometimes it is too warm.

Allie ~ Glad your son had a fantastic trip! Did you have to go pick him up at the airport? That would have been late.

Barbie ~ Yes, it seems like the stores are missing more and more of the things we have always taken for granted.

DH is meeting a man to see about the AC/Heating unit being replaced in our rental house. First quote was almost $10,000. :o

Good Wishes to All for a Blessed Weekend!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,008 Member
    Wow- busy morning ladies
    Went over for more loodwork per my kidney dr and she never sent the fax in sheesh.. will call them monday morning to make sure it gets in so i can get it done before my appointment.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,697 Member
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,219 Member
    edited June 2022
    Carol I missed a dose of the preventative that goes on Teddy's back in November. So that was my fault. I tried all Spring to get rid of them but these are now resistant to the preventative I used. Capstar works but only for adult fleas and only 36 hours or so. I finally called the vet, and they said use Frontline Gold. I had to wait 30 days from the last dose, so he got that today. Hoping for the best.

Yes it's been a struggle off and on for months now.

Annie in Delaware

Have you ever tried Seresto? It is a collar that worked against ticks and fleas for me when I was in a high infection area in New England. Might help. I’m no vet but it worked for us.

RvRita