Options
    7/1-7/7: 3 AF out of 7
    7/8-7/14: 4 AF out of 7
    7/15: A- 2
    7/16: AF
    7/17: AF
    7/18: A- 1/2
    7/19 AF
    7/20: AF My job sucks right now. 12-14 hour days. I don’t know how doctors work longer shifts. Also I am lucky, I am working in AC, others aren’t so fortunate in this heat.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry to hear all of the stuff about looking after parents, Covid, horrible jobs etc.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Robyn.
    My goal is 16-19 AF days per month.
    I found this group at the end of June. July is my first full month.

7/18 M - AF
    7/19 Tu - Drinks (1) - Plan was AF
    7/20 W - AF
    7/21 Th - Drinks (1) - Was able to get in a long bike ride after work so allowed myself to have pizza and beer! My birthday is coming up on Monday and we're going overnight on the boat this weekend.
    Rolling Total = 11 AF out of 21 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @MissMay - Beautiful garden pics!!! You'll enjoy sitting out I'm sure with one of your special drinks in a pretty glass just to admire it being lovely and in ship shape!

Regarding parents ... I feel for ya'll!!! Aging parents are very demanding and do expect things the way they want ... I guess we'll all be there soon enough as well. My mom and I are definitely in that rub each other the wrong way and I'm glad my sister is around to assist.
    Update on my mom's roadtrip ... she has made the turnaround in Memphis and had a great visit with my brother and now is heading back through more friends and family visiting this week before heading the Louisiana next week. To be so adventurous at 85! There were tears when she left my brothers as she thinks it will be her last time to see him as he does not travel to see her unless I book him a flight.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Lilylady3k

Thanks for the pics!
    Glad that you are having a lovely trip : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )
    My name is Dawn.
    My continuing goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 19AF days in June.

Diary style:

Friday July 15 - Mojitos with a new-ish friend (1 year). We had a wonderful visit on my shady porch during a hot day. Planned drinks for Saturday, which will bring me to 50% A and AF days.
    Saturday July 16 - Gin slings and stuff. Going to try to stay AF until Friday now.
    Sunday July 17 - AF - I got a touch of a sunburn saturday, so stayed in the shade mostly. Working towards a nice base tan before my September holidays so that I don't burn there. Kind of hard to get except on the weekends since 4pm does not lead to much tan. Trying for no A days until the weekend.
    Monday July 18 - AF - The scale goes down when I don't have alcohol, no doubt about it.
    Tuesday July 19 - AF - Worked an extra unexpected shift, really felt like having drinks afterward, but I am picking up extra shifts for Wednesday, so didn't want to go into a very long day feeling possibly not great.
    Wednesday July 20 - AF - That was not easy. I was dreaming of a Singapore Sling the last 4 hours of my shift. What finally got me not to was the thought of a slimmer belly the next morning if I didn't have any alcohol. I had an AF beer on the porch instead.
    Thursday July 21 - AF - I felt like having drinks (like usual) after cutting some of the grass in the heat after work, but figured that I could hold out another day. Planned drinks Friday and Saturday.

Rolling total - 13AF days out of 21 days.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    7/1-7/7: 3 AF out of 7
    7/8-7/14: 4 AF out of 7
    7/15: A- 2
    7/16: AF
    7/17: AF
    7/18: A- 1/2
    7/19 AF
    7/20: AF
    7/21: AF Phew! I made it through my work week! I’m on call tomorrow but it’s nothing like what I went through this week.
    End of week 3 here.
    Rolling total: 12 out of 21 days AF!
    So proud of myself, I’m doing so much better than I was in June now that I’m cognizant of how often I’m drinking
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    July 1-2 A
    July 3-4-5-6-7 AF
    July 8-9 A
    July 10-11-12- 13-14 AF
    July 15 - 16 A weekend wine 🍷
    July 17-18-19-20-21 AF
    July 22-23 weekend wine but on the 22nd it didn't agree with me and I felt gross after 3 glasses.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k, where are those pictures from, Nebraska? I thought it was France for a second. Food looks good!

I've been out of pocket, home computer issues and busy with work. So behind on home projects!

Will focus on AF tonight...

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Robyn.
    My goal is 16-19 AF days per month.
    I found this group at the end of June. July is my first full month.

7/18 M - AF
    7/19 Tu - Drinks (1) - Plan was AF
    7/20 W - AF
    7/21 Th - Drinks (1)
    7/22 F - AF
    7/23 Sa - Drinks (3)

Rolling Total = 12 AF out of 23 days