Less Alcohol ~ JULY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,608 Member
    Options
    @RockinRobyn672

Happy belated birthday!
    What did you have at the Italian restaurant?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )
    My name is Dawn.
    My continuing goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 19AF days in June.

Diary style:

Friday July 22: Drinks
    Saturday July 23: Drinks - late in posting due to power outages. Planning to hit my 16 this week.
    Sunday July 24 - AF - Going to try and stay AF until Saturday - unless I can get a very big chunk of my jobs done before that.
    Monday July 25 - AF - Busy week, but traded some shifts so that I can get a much needed day at the lake on Thursday. Haven't had the time yet this year. Working a split shift on Saturday and totally planning on having a few cocktails after that. I find that I am not as lively as I would like to be after having drinks the previous evening and need my wits about me this week.
    Tuesday July 26 - Drinks, including an actual beer. I drink AF beer, but maybe only one cold "real" beer each summer. My schedule changed, very light day on Wednesday, so didn't even try to stay AF. Planning AF now until Saturday night.

Rolling total - 15AF days out of 26 days.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    July 1-2 A
    July 3-4-5-6-7 AF
    July 8-9 A
    July 10-11-12- 13-14 AF
    July 15 - 16 A weekend wine 🍷
    July 17-18-19-20-21 AF
    July 22-23 A
    July 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 AF
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    7/1-7/7: 3 AF out of 7
    7/8-7/14: 4 AF out of 7
    7/15-7/21: 5 AF out of 7
    7/22: 2
    723: A 1
    7/24: AF
    7/25: AF
    7/26: AF
    7/27: AF So caught up in the work week!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Robyn.
    My goal is 16-19 AF days per month.
    I found this group at the end of June. July is my first full month.

Mon 7/25 - Drinks (3) Birthday dinner out
    Tue 7/26 - AF
    Wed 7/27 - Drinks (3) Out for dinner with friends
    Thu 7/28 - Drinks (1) Last date night before heading back from a working vacation. Rode bikes after work, had a delicious Hazify with dinner, and went out for live music. I've stuck pretty close to plan for July so far. I'm planning AF for the rest of July. Three days.... I can do it!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @RockinRobyn672

Happy belated birthday!
    What did you have at the Italian restaurant?

Thank you @dawnbgethealthy! It was shrimp and scallops over pasta in a heavy wine and garlic cream sauce. Delicious!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker - Hoping your DH will be right as rain soon. Accidents do happen and I'm just happy when we can walk away from a biking accident!!! Take care of him and yourself.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    An AF evening!
    Went to my last Lady Clays summer league shoot (sporting clays). We had a celebration award dinner afterwards at Lasagna House. I was the only one that ordered salad and water but I was good with my decision to not drink wine or eat pasta though I did indulge in garlic bread (another personal challenge especially when they keep bringing baskets). I was gone 4-9:30. Came home and DH was in a mood wanting to move again ... after drinking 2 bottles of wine. Sigh.

Since my mom is in town passing through and staying at my sisters ... she came over for lunch with me. She looks fine but is tired from her roadtrip. I did find out that she fell twice on the trip. Both times putting on her pants and not having something to hold on to (didn't plan ahead and move close to something). This happens at her own home too. I told her that I was worried that one of these days she would hit her head or break a bone again ... not just get bumps and bruises. DH told her she needed to start wearing dresses instead of pants LOL

July accountability: 8 days AF
    Alcohol: 20 days (45 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @globalhiker

Oh no about your wonderful DH! Sending hugs to you both <3
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )
    My name is Dawn.
    My continuing goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 19AF days in June.

Diary style:

Wednesday July 27 - AF - Yay to hitting my 16. Knowing that I had Thursday off tempted me, but going to a lake with a bloated belly was the motivation I used not to. Planned AF until Saturday night. Very hot here. @globalhiker I went to Jimsmith Lake after work - quite busy, but close to my house and I needed to cool off. Thursday will be a full lake day at one of my favourite lakes for floating : - )
    Thursday July 28 - AF - Awesome day at one of my favourite lakes. Planned AF for Friday night.

Rolling total - 17AF days out of 28 days.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k So the whole tipping over when putting pants on thing is something I’m starting to deal with now…..and I’m 45! I’m working on my balance. My mom went through it too but she broke her hip in her 60s and always sits down now but it took her awhile to get used to it. My dad is 75 and I’m not sure what he does. Aging parents is a pretty steep learning curve!
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker sorry to hear about the bike accident! Hope your husband heals quickly.