Less Alcohol ~ JULY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• forestdweller46
    forestdweller46 Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2022
    q
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,960 Member
    @joans1976 - Good environment suggestions and interesting about the various medicines. My deal is to have a pad of paper and pen next to my bedside so that I can jot down things as they pop into my head instead of them rerunning through my head all night. As well as I now read a physical book from the library instead of electronics. There is something about reading ~20 pages that helps me relax.
    Wish I could talk DH into the cooler room! They say 68 degrees is perfect for sleeping but our house is set at 74.

@dawnbgethealthy - Repeating your mindset ... "I guess that I just feel like having drinks every day, but just plain don't. I plan to have drinks Friday and/or Saturday."
    I wish that I had your resolve to not drink when I feel like it ... and also looking ahead to choose the evenings when I would indulge. Very helpful strategy.
    Oh the restaurant I was at last night had a huge cocktail menu. My friends were all trying them out and I was very happy with my decision to stick with wine and split the meal with DH given the lower calories after a big lunch and no exercise day. Cocktails seem to have lots of hidden calories.
    Heading to my sister's home tonight for dinner ... where I know there will be wine and her famous orange cosmos. My plan is no more than 2 drinks then switch to water. Now can I stick to that plan????? Only time will tell.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    @Lilylady3k ugh so sorry to hear about the 74 degrees bedroom! Hopefully you have a fan on your side of the bed? I could not handle that.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    7/1-7/1: 3 AF out of 7
    7/8: AF but I ended up going to the store at the last minute to make sure there was alcohol in the house even though I wasn’t planning on drinking it. (?)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,812 Member
    @Jipster11

Oh Jen, so very sorry to hear about your sister. Devastating!

I too drank 7 days per week, 1-3 drinks max. Like you, never drunk.
    Some here already know, but I have never been able to exceed 3 drinks or I throw up, so I actually can't make it to drunken-ness.

Really glad that you are joining us, and big props to keeping it to that one glass of wine and then 5 days AF.
    It definitely will help with weight loss since the liver does that and can't really do that if it is busy dealing with even the smallest amount of alcohol.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,812 Member
    Hi : - )
    My name is Dawn.
    My continuing goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 19AF days in June.

Diary style:

Thursday July 7th - AF - I guess that I just feel like having drinks every day, but just plain don't. I plan to have drinks Friday and/or Saturday. I have had an AF low calorie beer a couple of times - I am not a beer drinker when I have alcohol, so it works where mocktails don't (for me) only triggering me for "real" drinks.
    Friday July 8th - Drinks. Worked hours on my yard after work, and then made myself Cosmopolitans. I am trying to keep @ahoy_m8 in mind, who does Mon-Thurs AF. This was the first week that I kind of tried that rather than scheduling A days 3 or 4 days apart. 5AF days in a row for me this past week, I might try to accomplish that next week too. Not sure if I will be having drinks Saturday or not, but have penciled that in as an A day, so probably will.

Rolling total - 5AF days out of 8 days.