Less Alcohol ~ JULY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,599 Member
    Wow, what is going on. I had a crazy, drama loaded day but it does not compare to what you all are dealing with...

I so feel for you all going thru challenges with parents and all. I can relate and it does take so much energy, incredibly taxing and every bit of strength is needed to deal with it.

@lmlmrn, I wonder if your equipment battery fried. Good luck.

Putting my insomniac self to bed. Ran out of melotonin and no wine in the house and I can't sleep :(
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,720 Member
    Jipster11 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, my name is Jen. So happy I stumbled upon this thread, it’s just what I need. I have been getting too used to having a drink or two, 7 nights a week. Typically a couple of shots of vodka. Nothing crazy, never drunk, but just not necessary. Especially when I am trying to lose weight, have struggles with sleep, etc. Then my sister was diagnosed with cancer and passed away 5 weeks later. I am concerned that my eating and alcohol consumption may get out of hand with all this intense grief. So I am working hard to work more AF days into my week.

So far this week I’ve had a glass of white wine on Sunday, but that’s it. Some nights are easier than others. Thanks for reading! Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Welcome, and I’m so terribly sorry for your loss. It is very easy to drink grief away. I always found that grief hits like a train at the most random times, or there is a low level crabby mood, and it’s really grief. Good for you for recognizing that you don’t want the “easy way out” of drinking through it. Also I’m in the same boat as you, daily drinker trying to lose weight, so working hard to not be a daily drinker!
  • Womona
    @ahoy_m8 I'm so sorry you’re going through all this medical stuff with your parents. It is so frustrating to deal with an elderly parent who is stubborn as a mule! Oh I hear ya! Is an assisted living facility an option?
  • Womona
    @lmlmrn May the computer and remodeling gods be on your side!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,960 Member
    DH & I are AF again this evening.

July accountability: 6 days AF
    Alcohol: 6 days (12 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

7/1 - 1 wine
    7/2 - AF; 1 Heineken 0.0
    7/3 - AF; 1 Heineken 0.0

7/4 - 1 Saint Arnolds Summer Pils then switched to an AF beer 1 Heineken 0.0
    7/5 - 2 wine
    7/6 - AF
    7/7 - AF
    7/8 - 3 wine
    7/9 - 3 wine
    7/10 - 2 wine ; This was suppose to be an AF evening

7/11 - AF
    7/12 - AF
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,426 Member
    July 1-2 A
    July 3-4-5-6-7 AF
    July 8-9 A
    July 10-11-12 AF Tonight I stayed AF at a baseball game!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited July 2022
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    On the mom front. My 85 year old mother is planning now to go on a 3 week driving trip over 2500 miles in total without a co-pilot. She wants to do a spin around Texas Arkansas and Louisiana to say hello goodbye to old friends. She says this is the last time ... hmmm not sure I believe her on that front.

Wow! What a cool, adventurous, mom you must have and what a cool mom you must be! :smile: I know you will worry. My mom was a lot like that - spunky and very stubborn. She lived to 95. She had to stop driving at 89, but she was a great until then. She would take off to Richmond, VA from NC to see her brother. She didn't know how to use Google maps, so did it on memory. It was worrisome then, but looking back I'm glad she could do it. It had such a negative impact on her quality of life when she could no longer drive.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,812 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi : - )
    My name is Dawn.
    My continuing goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 19AF days in June.

Diary style:

Sunday July 10 - AF - The plan is to stay AF until the weekend. I used to say "no drinks 2 days in a row" but have changed that up with my schedule and have been having drinks on Fridays and Saturdays instead of every 3rd or 4th day..
    Monday July 11 - Drinks. Well, my plan to stay AF until Friday didn't work out. I managed to put it off 5 times during my breaks from working in my yard in the hot sun. After the 5th time (had an AF beer the 4th) I took my blue drink out of the freezer. During my 6th break I had a couple of sips of it and put it back in the freezer. When I decided I had enough of sweat dripping in my eyes I called it a day and had a couple more drinks.
    Tuesday July 12 - AF - Went and did some of my Foster Grant jobs in air conditioned stores after my restaurant job. Very hot out. I think that if I had come home and worked in my yard I would have been more tempted by cool cocktails afterward. Planned AF Wednesday and Thursday.

Rolling total - 7AF days out of 12 days.