WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    Mary, I hear you. But just so you know I did take your comments personally although you directed them at Machka. And I felt, and still feel that we are all adults and make our own decisions is fine IF the only person affected by that decision is you. BUT if this forum was shut down because we are not following the rules, those decisions made by each adult now has an affect on all of us. The possibility of losing this forum would have a negative affect on me. It took me a few days after your comments to decide if I would stay or leave. For now I am here, but only for as long as I feel that we are a community willing to look out for one another, as that is what this forum gives me is a feeling of community. Making decisions that could affect our community without regard for the community will ruin that feeling for me.

Kim in N. California - needing and valuing community
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    Oh Beth,

(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) Thinking of you and your family and sending thoughts of strength and peace.

Kim in N. California
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

bwcetc wrote: »
    My 93 year old dad passed away Thursday afternoon. Unexpectedly given his recent bout of good health. I missed seeing him before he passed by 10 minutes. Entered ER room as nurse was turning off the monitors. Making arrangements. Family dynamics to deal with. I’ll post again later. Exhausted.

Beth - I’m so sorry. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Tracey in Edmonton

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    My 93 year old dad passed away Thursday afternoon. Unexpectedly given his recent bout of good health. I missed seeing him before he passed by 10 minutes. Entered ER room as nurse was turning off the monitors. Making arrangements. Family dynamics to deal with. I’ll post again later. Exhausted.

I'm so sorry, Beth.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Heather - that sounds like a beautiful day for a beautiful outfit.
    What a busy but great day for the family.

Lisa - I hope your Ex SIL is at least civil. I agree I wouldn’t want that drive with the kids either, but I’m sure it’s a spiteful reason for him.
    We are to get some rain this evening and because of the heat I’m looking forward to it as well.

Barbie and Lisa - count me in with the “trouble limiting myself”. It’s so hard to not do what we’ve always done.

Annie - if he rescheduled due to work you at least know he’s not a bum. 😂. Hope Wednesday goes well.

Carla - I received an email today from the lady I Interviewed with telling me we would talk on Tuesday.
    I never want AC until those few nights a year that it’s 32C. Last night sucked!

Sue - how wonderful for your Grandson to do that for you. I need to get some lights replaced on my car too. I should do that tomorrow.

Kim - I agree. I think the same thing. I would probably stay away too.

Some of you might remember that in 2019 my daughter graduated from her hairdresser course. She was doing her apprenticeship when Covid hit and she had decided by that point she really hated doing it. Her husband told her she didn’t have to go back so she found other employment. She still cuts her husband’s, father’s and nephews hair. She will do colouring on women and trims but not doing anymore than trims for cutting.
    Anyway, today DH went to get his hair cut and as she was cutting they had a nice visit. She told him that they had done the math and with her doing all of Brodey’s cuts her student loan would pay for itself in 10 years. Then they figure if she does their children’s hair depending on when they come it will be paid around 7 years.
    When DH told me this I literally spit the water I had just drank out. Those two have a way of seeing the positive in everything.

Tracey in Edmonton

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Mary, I hear you. But just so you know I did take your comments personally although you directed them at Machka. And I felt, and still feel that we are all adults and make our own decisions is fine IF the only person affected by that decision is you. BUT if this forum was shut down because we are not following the rules, those decisions made by each adult now has an affect on all of us. The possibility of losing this forum would have a negative affect on me. It took me a few days after your comments to decide if I would stay or leave. For now I am here, but only for as long as I feel that we are a community willing to look out for one another, as that is what this forum gives me is a feeling of community. Making decisions that could affect our community without regard for the community will ruin that feeling for me.

Kim in N. California - needing and valuing community

What coment did you take personally? The "let the moderators moderate to avoid conflict"? Or the last one of tonight? You need to reread my comments because nothing I wrote was mean spirited or an attack in any way! I was just voicing my opinion. Go all the way back to July 7th. When this topic came up. You need to look at what started this. Me and others reacted to a post. But, our opinions do matter.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,736 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Its 1 am and im awake.
    Beth - so sorry to hear about your dad.. it so very hard losing a parent..my deepest condolences.
    Im going to try and get some more rest as i have to drive to New Hampshire today...I did alot of what i needed to do yesterday.
    Im hoping Machka is ok and nothing has happened to either her or her husband..I know she is busier than a one armed paper hanger with hives.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,268 Member
    Options
    Beth - I am sending you strength as you go through yet another deep loss. Just lots of love to you and your family. Take some time for yourself if you can. <3

Yes, Machka, I hope you come back. I appreciate your caring for us and using your professional expertise to keep this thread alive and healthy. You are valued and I have learnt a lot. <3

Lovely day today. I think I will be going for a run first thing, before the Parkrun people have a chance to mow me down. :p

I didn't edit yesterday, when it was on my schedule. I don't feel good about that. Can't decide whether to do it today, outside my schedule, or wait until Monday. Thinking Monday. ....... Yes, Monday. :D:p>:) Adulting sucks. :p

Love to all those carrying heavy burdens. Not all burdens are visible.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Beth-thinking of you with loss of father. Such sadness. He did live a long life.

Tracey-fingers crossed for interview. I agree your daughter does find the positive in things! I do think it was good she could evaluate if it were really for her and change sooner-nothing worse than feeling locked into a job/profession.

Going to be relatively cool today for end of July-just around 80-so that's good.

I also hope all is well with Machka. She added much to the group. I think she is active in other parts of MFP. Wishing her the best.

Saturday morning after pay day-time to balance check book. Also going to start updating all passwords and setting up new email address-getting too much junk mail in account I have had for years. Blocking contacts doesn't help with all of it. Any suggestions welcome.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Beth,

I am so sorry your father is gone, and sad for you that you didn't get there before he passed. It's so poignant. ((Gentle hug))

Karen in Virginia
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Beth, my condolences on your father's passing. Wishing you comfort as you grieve. Take care of yourself!

Machka we miss you!

Annie in Delaware
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Beth My condolences to you and your family. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If anyone is still looking for more plants to add to their "30" list, I happened onto some yesterday - luckily drought tolerant.

Rose of Sharon - Mine is getting ready to bloom. I did pick off a few buds and leaves and added them to a frittata last night. I couldn't detect a lot of flavor, but it was something green and not unpleasant. :D;) Here's a Martha Stewart post, she references it being edible about halfway down:

https://www.themarthablog.com/2018/08/my-flowering-rose-of-sharon.html

Borage is also blooming in my garden - the flowers are edible and taste a little like cucumber with a hint of sweetness. I had to shoo the bees aside but there were plenty of blooms for all of us. The flowers were a nice addition to my salad.

Martha has a big list!

https://www.themarthablog.com/2008/07/edible-flowers-in-my-garden.html

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Beth, I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,425 Member
    Options
    Beth - Thinking of you and your family. I'm so sorry for your father's passing.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options

So sorry for your loss
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    (((Beth and Beth's Mom))) So very sorry! You have worked so hard to see that your parents would be together in a safe place. Prayers for you all.

Lanette ~ Rose of Sharon...I planted those all around my screened in back porch and have enjoyed them greatly all these years. Unfortunately, over the last year, they have not gotten the sun they need and have leaned way over. Son cut the leaning branches for me. I have a large one hanging over our back fence by the driveway and it is lovely. Didn't know you could eat the petals.

Seeing the destruction by the flood in Kentucky makes me feel so bad for those people. I hope Kylia's property there was not affected.

Kelly KJ ~ Thank you and the other parents for all you are doing for the little girl's family. I know they will appreciate it.

Another rainy day in Georgia!
    Carol