Flea,

That is terrific!

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,572 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Flea-excellent status update!

Pip- CT scans aren't too bad-the contrast material can be interesting sometimes.

Lanette-my favorite opener device I got when my MIL passed (before I needed one regularly!). It is actually the brand "As seen on tv." It is terrific. Wanted a second one on hand and couldn't find the old brand but the wrench style seems to provide more strength for me.

Heather-very good advice-thank you!

One day closer to the weekend. Will have long weekend, no work Monday. I will be busy for several hours helping serve food at a rather large funeral luncheon.

Working from home tomorrow. Day will start with PT first thing.
    The therapist I meet tomorrow is familiar with the biofeedback tool I purchased and will help me figure it all out. It does help to be able to have visual representations of muscles. Never thought I would be working so hard on something like this.

Hope everyone finishes their day well.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I’ve had them before, they are no big deal. We will c what comes out

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Today was a nice trip to the grocery store. I had planned on donating a sno cone machine to our "Garage of Blessings" donation place, but on a whim I asked the gal that loaded our groceries (its mandatory when you shop at the commissary if you have more than 15 items), if she wished them and she did. So now I just have my tennis rackets. Yes I'm getting rid of those too. Even though I enjoy playing, it really hurts my hands and knees. The reality is that until I lose a lot of weight, it won't be a good sport to play. I just haven't done it enough these cool rainy months (years) and the after effects of playing takes its toll.
    Had a nice video chat with my sister yesterday morning. I had sent her a photo of my coffee maker with stickers she gave me, and said lets share a cup!
    iqg44gd7l894.jpg
    I bought bananas which I will slice on a power waffle. I also bought some huge white mushrooms which I will put on firmed up street taco tortillas, with other toppings. I splurged and got some sushi as the maker guy was just putting some out.
    Hugs all!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Worked today then went in the pool. Went to Aldi. After dinner took my walk around the block but got caught in the rain. Fortunately, I was almost home and I didn’t melt...lol Made the filling for taco lettuce wraps and then zucchini patties. Also made more pops.

Barbara – for some reason, the washer is working now. Go figure. But we’re still going to get that board because you never know when it’ll decide to go out. Then...we found out that there’s a crack in the handle to the dishwasher. It’ll only get worse. So when the guy is here about the washer, we’ll ask him about the handle.

The float for the pool developed a small leak. Fortunately, I had a spare float so I blew that one up.

Tracey – good luck on the interview. Yes it’ll probably go much better since you don’t have the pressure of having to have a job

pip – good luck with the cat scan

Debbie – HUG

Flea – good news about the lesions. So happy for you

Oh, at BK a while ago, remember how Jerry was giving me a hard time about putting the pickles in the sink? Well, one manager said to me "I don't want you to ask Jerry" so I never did. The other day I mentioned to some people that she'd told me not to ask Jerry. In the meantime, Jerry has said to me "even if I'm outside, come ask me. I'll do it". Well, she asked me today if I said that so I was honest and said "yes". Then she said that she only meant for that day because Jerry was off the clock. No he wasn't. So I just apologized to her. Honestly, if you mean that day only, you need to say "I don't want you to ask Jerry today". How was I to know that she didn't mean only that day? It sure sounded to me like forever. But Jerry doesn't have a problem, so I don't have a problem asking him. He told me to ask him even if he's off the clock. Really, it takes a whole 2 seconds to do.

Michele NC
    who is off to take a shower
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,971 Member
    Options
    ate more calories (1,423) today than I have since I started tracking. MFP says I still have 269 I can use.
    The bad part is, that was eating just two things and went way over of fat.
    Had a tostada salad with grilled chicken from Chevy's then a cream filled doughnut.
    Didn't eat anything until 4PM(was out running errands with dh- took over 40min to get our lunch, then had to drive over to MIL's to eat-Ate most of it there then finished it when I got home, then ate one of the doughnuts we picked up in Walmart. First time I have been in Walmart in 2 1/2 yrs.
    Some major changes- no checkers- just self check out. No deli counter, lots of out of stock items. Other areas are very small/low options

Debbie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Carla - I really hate interviews and it’s how I end up being mistreated at jobs for so long. I’ve decided the pain of an interview is not as bad as putting up with my boss anymore.

I think the interview went well, I will know Monday or Tuesday.

Debbie - I hope your DH changes his attitude. You’ve done more than you agreed to in the beginning, they should be grateful.

Rita - it must be a menopause thing, we are in the same boat he’s colder and I’m hotter.
    Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Flea - that’s great news!

Where is Machka?

It is 10pm and I’m sitting on my deck. I don’t want to go in with the heat. It will be a long day tomorrow if I’m tired though.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,250 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I had a good time with my friend G yesterday. It was nice to be out in town, mask free, for the first time in years. Weather was perfect. I wore my new purple dress that DH had bought me, and a bright coral cardigan. My gold toed trainers. Big silver earrings Felt good.
    I've been watching Queer Eye on Netflix, so felt inspired to dress up a bit! :p
    We went to Terre a Terre, a vegetarian restaurant, and I had a mushroom dish with a barley risotto. Lovely. A small glass of white wine and an espresso.
    Afterwards we wandered through The Lanes up to M&S, where I nearly bought some clothes, but stopped myself just in time, and consoled myself with some toning turquoise and peacock face towels and a hand towel. Those I am entitled to put on the joint account. :D>:)
    Came back on the bus where I chatted with a woman who I gradually realised was high functioning autistic. Odd conversation, but interesting.
    Soooo nice to get out and about like a normal person. And a big thank you to G for braving the mixed up trains.

The other good news is that the pending payments for the railcard have disappeared from my bank account. I have now ordered a physical, plastic, card which should arrive in a few days.

I will edit another chapter today and post a birthday card to an old uni friend.

I did have some red wine last night, with our falafels and hummus, which messed up my sleep, so will cut back tonight.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather,

I can just see you in your purple dress and coral cardigan! B)

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,722 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Got my hair done,always feels good..and got a call back from vet ,no parasites. So who knows what it was.. but will h
    Feed him chicken and rice tomorrow and he should be good.
    Got Miles swing together. He loves it.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,722 Member
    Options
    Went to send that last night and didn't hit post.. oh well. Slept well and woke up around 4:20 am and stayed awake.
    Going to take care of Miles today and then go to his drs appt,then come home and clean the rugs ,take out the trash early in the morning and maybe so some laundry and pack an overnight bag and do my pills. Dropping off Alfie and picking Sharon up around 1:00 and drive up to N.H. for Jays celebration of life,that is Sharon's son in law.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,936 Member
    Options
    :)LIsa, I, too, have trouble limiting how hard I work on things. I have to be especially careful about my back so I limit my time doing yard work that has me bent over even when I am accomplishing a lot and feel good.

:)Heather, I love watching Queer Eye. I don't think it has improved my wardrobe but it's fun. I've read memoirs by Jonathan and Tan and have enjoyed the books immensely.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,056 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    I did my dumbbells last night Yay!
    And I weighed myself. Up seven tenths of a pound which is not bad considering my diet lately. I'm back to snacking on candy. Pernicious habit. So I'm starting that battle again.

My date got postponed until Wednesday. He had to work. I'm a little excited and a little pessimistic. I'm not sure where this could lead.

Annie
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Well Tracey, good for you! I'm so excited. I don't know if I can wait the weekend!!!

Rebecca, why am I not surprised that you have BRC in your house. US TOO! Which flavor do you use? I like dark, but not crazy espresso dark so we went with Freedom Fuel. We like it.

AC and furnace are in. Took about 8 hours, like they said, but wasn't too noisy. I worked all day and it didn't bother me. They were very polite. I did ask some questions, because I'm nosy. It is "pretty". hehehe. Seriously. The condenser is a lot, IDK, prettier than our last one. I know, it's new, but I think it's just got a cleaner look too. And I just love our new, digital thermostat. So, yes, I'm happy. And, of course, I VERY HAPPY that it's in and tomorrow the temp is heading back up to the 90s! (that's 32c for all y'all celsius peeps)

Heading into the building today to rearrange my files so I can LEAVE THEM THERE! YAY ME!

Love ya! Carla, in MN