Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
    Ww
  • pipcd34
    Options
    OMG Heather, what a panic! We have a freezer in the garage that we worry about all the time! I really have to get one of those magnet locks for it... one of those "gotta-do-it" things. It's very old, but totally reliable, but the way it's positioned, there's just "this much" of a vacuum that prevents it from closing if you don't PUSH IT closed. Every so often, one of the littles goes in there to grab an icee and forgets and it's just a smidge and we don't notice until we do. Usually it's not a huge deal except for the caked frost!!! Unless it's 90deg, in July or August (or like it was in June this year) Hence the magnet idea. We finally had to tell them just NOT to go in there at all. Heck, Freddy's even had it happen to him, so we can't really get mad at them.

Oh geez, Michele, that's horrible! The tree is a wonderful idea.

BUT...
    I HAVE TO CHIME IN HERE about the balloons!!! PLEASE DON'T RELEASE BALLOONS!!! They're so terrible for the environment and I am NOT a huge tree-hugger at all, but the balloon releases are horrible for the birds and wildlife and they clog up the rivers and stream and they end up landing in peoples yards and well just anywhere and everywhere. It's really just disgusting. Don't even get me started about those "memorial" Chinese lanterns! Those things are even worse! Do you have any idea how many fires those have started?!? On trees, bushes, even homes!
    Sorry, not really sorry. That's just my soapbox. I'll stop now.

It's funny, Tracey. I think I've apologized more to my mom in the last thirty years than I ever did while I was living with her. I know what your friend is talking about. For better or worse, our daughter has an only son. I don't think she's going to ever "get it" because I don't think he's going to give her nearly the heartache.

Hi Victoria! Welcome! Good luck with your choices and your journey. We're here for you.

That's all for today. Carla, in MN

I agree on the balloon thing, we don’t realize til we know, u know?

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    Atta girl Pip you rock !!
    Love my cardiologist.. he is great .. he asked why they had me on the transplant list,i told them honestly I dont know. And that the ball was in his court,they are waiting to hear what he has to say.. he said gee no pressure there lol.
    They want an echocardiogram and a chest xray so will get that next month before medicare kicks in..
    Rebecca- I think that was Ann Hathaway that had the cupcake that way on the Kelly Clarkson show..
    Im sneezing my fool head off it has to be allergies.. and ive missed 2 of the summer concerts already. So even though I feel yucky.. im going to go anyway at least for a bit..
    Watching mr mr tomorrow.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Options
    Went to water exercise today and the water felt wonderful. Michelle you are so lucky to have a pool that you can use anytime. They are a lot of work though.

I saw my cardiologist last week and he agreed to my going off of the statins for 6 months and see how things go. I was able to swim a few laps today without having cramps. Yeah! When I can do more than 10 bridges for PT without cramps I will know things are better.

Hope those of you in the heat waves are able to keep cool.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,224 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Kelly: That’s so sad. I don’t envy you having to broach the subject of death with them, but I’m sure you will find a sensitive way to do it.

But not the balloons! As others have said, not good for wildlife.

I have an aversion to debt, due to my childhood experiences and have saved all my life. DH and I have separate accounts, but both have access to them. We split bills. We keep a reasonable amount of assessable cash for emergencies.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Xx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Worked then got to the gym. I know Vince isn’t going to want to hear this, but I think on Tuesdays I’ll need to get to BK early. They make their delivery early now and usually don’t leave until around 7. Now that she’s started that lunchtime yoga, I won’t have time for exercise if I get there around 11 or 11:30 since I have to be out of the aerobics room by 12:15. So if I can go earlier, I’m not going to be rushed. After the gym stopped at the Salvation Army and I actually found 2 exercise DVD’s that I didn’t own (yes, they do exist). Then came home, got dinner ready and then into the pool. It’s starting to spritz so I came in

Well, throwing the breaker overnight for the washing machine didn’t fix it. The guy is supposed to be here tomorrow. Hopefully, he can fix it tomorrow. If not, the only thing that needs to be washed out are my BK shirts, and if I have to, I can rinse them out by hand and hang them up to dry.

Victoria – welcome! You’ll get some great suggestions here, that’s for sure

Heather – my husband likes cargo pants, but only the jean-type. And try to find them! He did find a few on eBay, so he bought them all

There’s this new place here called “All bundt cake”. Well, I went in to see what it was about. They did have samples so I tried some. I tell you, the cake wasn’t anything to write home about. To me, it tasted like a box cake mix. And the frosting was like something you get at the food store. But I guess this is good for people who don’t bake. But no way would I pay their prices!

Pip – I’m sure you ARE the most active person. Great suggestion you made

Regarding the balloons: remember, this was probably like 30 years ago. All they were thinking of was that the cards with her name (hence, her) are going to heaven

Got my walk in after dinner then tried playing canasta online. Each time I had questions and there was no way I could get them answered.

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells Yay! I had to rearrange stuff but I got it done today so I could exercise tonight.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yy
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,070 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Carla I agree about balloons. I would like to add the circle shiny confetti. It is all over near a playground by our rec center. I am also dealing with picking up stuffing all summer. I think the birds tore apart an old couch. I think I have it all picked up and then I find more of it in our yard. It is some kind of polyester so what little rain and or water from a sprinkler is blocked by it being in our yard where it lands.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,279 Member
    Options
    I'm lying on the bed in the front guest room typing this. At my feet are four pairs of pants that DH is donating to the charity shop! Hooray! Another pair is in the bin. Double hooray! :p
    When I first met him, 19 years ago, he had a wardrobe absolutely crammed with pants and shirts. I had never seen so many in my life. When we moved in together, I helped him winnow it down a bit, and throw away the white jeans, (I wish he had kept those now) but he still has twice the number of clothes that I have!
    Yesterday, before we picked up the girls, he announced that he was going to sort out his pants. I mentioned that he used to have a lot. He denied it! Then he got them all out of the cupboard.
    "Oh, I do have a lot of trousers!"
    He only ever wears cargo pants. Six good pairs now. One in the bin. He wears a suit on the cruise for formal and other pants maybe once a year. I think he was surprised at the haul.
    So, I am delighted that some are leaving the house.

Really he needs a new suit, as his are much too large for him. He bought them when big was fashionable. He has two good ones, expensive, so I can't see him buying new for the cruises. He never wears them at any other time. He has a dark linen jacket and trousers for funerals.

I have a small wardrobe, compared to most women, I think. I'm fairly ruthless with throwing things out, though there are a couple of dressy things that I haven't worn in forty years. I think they may be going out with the pants!
    I live in black leggings and colourful tops. Even on the cruise. I have a few nice day dresses and prefer maxi.

I weighed myself yesterday for the first time since before the cruise. I was dreading it, as, during covid, I had eaten junk and drunk too much for about two weeks. (I am now reformed.) I had only put on two pounds! I feel I can deal with that, although I do have a bit more to lose to get back to my ideal weight. It was a relief, honestly. I am feeling fat and I don't like it. I'm following a very healthy diet and have cut right back on the booze, though I did have one last night after Bea finally left. AF tonight.

Tonight is sauerkraut with fresh cabbage and Polish sausage, onions, bacon. Lots of caraway and juniper berries. A couple of potatoes for DH. I use Martini vermouth as a declazer. All done in the IP. The sauerkraut and sausage is just heated up at the end. Cabbage barely cooked. Very yum.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Terri-Safe travels!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Terri - Hope the travels go smoothly with no hitches. Do you have a cabin?

Done my chapter, and briefly looked at my blurb and biog. Small steps. I may pop out for milk in a moment. Saves DH having to lug it home on his fruit and veg shop tomorrow. I take my wheeled trolley.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx